You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
San Diego - CVS $50/hr No Negotiations
Started by PSOP Student
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah, but at least you get to live in San Diego.
Not sure why anyone would want to live in the Soviet state of California. The nice weather doesn't make up for it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, but at least you get to live in San Diego.
Can you really call it living when these new grads have $200,000+ in student loans with the crushing cost of living on top of that?
Not sure why anyone would want to live in the Soviet state of California. The nice weather doesn't make up for it.
I live in California and love it. I dont get this whole anti california non sense. I've lived in 5 other states and the cost of living is not that much more. So much to do around here, the social scene is great, women are beautiful, and the restaurant scene is amazing. What freedom do you get in a ****hole like Mississippi or alabama that you dont get here. If anything some laws ie marijuana are alot more lax here.
Of course, If you look at things from a macro level this whole country is controlled by corporate socialism. Corporations have way too much control over our government and need to be broken up and regulated ASAP.
I live in California and love it. I dont get this whole anti california non sense. I've lived in 5 other states and the cost of living is not that much more. So much to do around here, the social scene is great, women are beautiful, and the restaurant scene is amazing. What freedom do you get in a ****hole like Mississippi or alabama that you dont get here. If anything some laws ie marijuana are alot more lax here.
Of course, If you look at things from a macro level this whole country is controlled by corporate socialism. Corporations have way too much control over our government and need to be broken up and regulated ASAP.
I really like California, but I also like living near a major metro and not having to devote over half my take home pay to a 1500 sq ft run down house on a tiny lot.
Have you ever lived in a Soviet state? I can guarantee you that it’s nothing like any state in the US.Not sure why anyone would want to live in the Soviet state of California. The nice weather doesn't make up for it.
So I went ahead and looked at the cost of living of San Diego compared to a bunch of Midwest cities. The cost of living was about 50% higher
That's a hard pass just for good weather.
And even if you couldn't do the great Midwest, I'll take Colorado any day.
That's a hard pass just for good weather.
And even if you couldn't do the great Midwest, I'll take Colorado any day.
I live in California and love it. I dont get this whole anti california non sense. I've lived in 5 other states and the cost of living is not that much more. So much to do around here, the social scene is great, women are beautiful, and the restaurant scene is amazing. What freedom do you get in a ****hole like Mississippi or alabama that you dont get here. If anything some laws ie marijuana are alot more lax here.
Of course, If you look at things from a macro level this whole country is controlled by corporate socialism. Corporations have way too much control over our government and need to be broken up and regulated ASAP.
Don't they call it Man Diego cause there's way more dudes there? Yes the women are hot but what are your chances of getting with them? I met a male nurse who made $75/hr after overtime back in 2007. He said the female nurses didn't give him the time of day cause doctors made way more than him.
Don't they call it Man Diego cause there's way more dudes there? Yes the women are hot but what are your chances of getting with them? I met a male nurse who made $75/hr after overtime back in 2007. He said the female nurses didn't give him the time of day cause doctors made way more than him.
Haha - man Diego... apparently they do not value the thigh gap there. Or, is a man with a thigh gap a thing?
I suppose I could get a finger splint and glue it to the inside of my pants crotch - then I could sport a thigh gap... That would look totally normal
lol, look at all the people talking about California, it’s nice having the luxury to not care
Have you ever lived in a Soviet state? I can guarantee you that it’s nothing like any state in the US.
Yes I have actually lived in an area that was once under communist control.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I live in California and love it. I dont get this whole anti california non sense. I've lived in 5 other states and the cost of living is not that much more. So much to do around here, the social scene is great, women are beautiful, and the restaurant scene is amazing. What freedom do you get in a ****hole like Mississippi or alabama that you dont get here. If anything some laws ie marijuana are alot more lax here.
Of course, If you look at things from a macro level this whole country is controlled by corporate socialism. Corporations have way too much control over our government and need to be broken up and regulated ASAP.
One of the highest state income taxes in the country. One of the highest sales taxes in the country. Cost of living is one of the highest in the country. Massive welfare system that is driving the state into the ground. People are jumping ship on the fiscal failure that is the state of California.
One of the highest state income taxes in the country. One of the highest sales taxes in the country. Cost of living is one of the highest in the country. Massive welfare system that is driving the state into the ground. People are jumping ship on the fiscal failure that is the state of California.
Bye, Felicia!
But seriously, yeah income tax is high, but the income premium here more than makes up for it. Sales tax is mostly just a rounding error for me (I mean how much stuff do y’all really buy). I remember getting taxed on weird things on the east coast (like digital downloads, wtf...that’s tax free here, same with groceries, which is what I spend most of my money on anyway). I have record low property tax to compensate thanks to a 1970s tax revolt.
I mean, there’s 49 other states and a bunch of territories...people are free to leave. Nevada is much cheaper and just a few hours away. I might end up retiring there, who knows.
But seriously it’s too crowded, people need to leave, or at least start populating the interiors of the state.
Didn't they just make it a mandate to shut off water and electricity if there is a gathering at someone's home? Liberal or not, with their homelessness, high cost of living, high taxes and rent, that state does not seem like they want people to live in it.Not sure why anyone would want to live in the Soviet state of California. The nice weather doesn't make up for it.
Other states import their homeless population to California. If you are homeless, why wouldn’t you move to California and enjoy the mild weather?
I've always told myself if I ever become homeless I'm going to stow away on a ship to Hawaii.
Chicago apparently is letting people loot luxury stores in the name of reparation. Maybe you could join and sell those items. Pharmacists need reparation too.Begging on the street pays more than being a rph nowadays. You get $300-400 net no tax every day.
The PLM (Pharmacist Lives Matter) movement is to the BLM movement as an independent pharmacy is to a corporate retail chain. Good luck getting a seat at the negotiating table...Chicago apparently is letting people loot luxury stores in the name of reparation. Maybe you could join and sell those items. Pharmacists need reparation too.
alot of California is a mess of drugs and homelessness. the income divide is pretty severe. but seattle isn't any better. the whole west coast is starting to look like California now. denver, austin, phoenix.... California is rapidly taking them over too
Not to make a political statement but I may actually vote this year. I haven't voted since 2000.alot of California is a mess of drugs and homelessness. the income divide is pretty severe. but seattle isn't any better. the whole west coast is starting to look like California now. denver, austin, phoenix.... California is rapidly taking them over too
You are right about property tax. California can only increase it by 2% a year. That is a huge saving over time. If you can control housing cost, life in California is not terribly expensive.
It’s actually better than that, the *basis* can only go up 2% per year, and the tax cannot exceed 1%
So a $500,000 house is taxed as $5,000/yr can only go up to $5100/yr the following year even if the house is worth $515,000 (3% inflation).
Plus, you can always request reassessment if values go down. Even better, familial transfers are exempt from reassessment, so people can inherit $750,000 homes from their parents but still retain the property tax basis of the purchase from 30+ years ago.
Not exactly fair, but I benefit from it.
lol see, people can’t help but talk about California, it’s really funny. Are we that...interesting? I mean yeah yeah homeless and yeah yeah taxes. It just boggles me lots of people have an opinion.
It’s like how my Canadian friends know as much about the happenings of the United States as someone who lives here.
It’s like how my Canadian friends know as much about the happenings of the United States as someone who lives here.
lol see, people can’t help but talk about California, it’s really funny. Are we that...interesting? I mean yeah yeah homeless and yeah yeah taxes. It just boggles me lots of people have an opinion.
It’s like how my Canadian friends know as much about the happenings of the United States as someone who lives here.
why would it boggle you if we have an opinion? some of us have lived in California too?
I don't really care honestly but I am forced to care because there are too many Californians coming to Texas and... we don't want that. lol.lol see, people can’t help but talk about California, it’s really funny. Are we that...interesting? I mean yeah yeah homeless and yeah yeah taxes. It just boggles me lots of people have an opinion.
It’s like how my Canadian friends know as much about the happenings of the United States as someone who lives here.
why would it boggle you if we have an opinion? some of us have lived in California too?
I’m not talking about you, I’m talking about the yokels that’s have never set foot in-state except for like a class graduation trip to Disneyland or something [emoji23]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't really care honestly but I am forced to care because there are too many Californians coming to Texas and... we don't want that. lol.
lol, people and ideology are our greatest export. People/companies can’t afford here, claim to be “too conservative” for liberal politics, and leave.
Except when they get to TX, Nevada, or Idaho, they’re actually left of center and didn’t know it.
Okay now I understand why y’all are so concerned, we’re screwing up your demographics!
They are trying to decrease the spread of Covid, to help stop some of those spikes you have over there in Texas.Didn't they just make it a mandate to shut off water and electricity if there is a gathering at someone's home? Liberal or not, with their homelessness, high cost of living, high taxes and rent, that state does not seem like they want people to live in it.
Yey another tax increase proposed in California
www.google.com
Opinion | California’s Next Tax Increase
Sacramento Democrats float a 16.8% marginal income tax rate.
Yes as they vote liberal againI don't really care honestly but I am forced to care because there are too many Californians coming to Texas and... we don't want that. lol.
The policies in California also are very favorable to the homeless. Need to poop or pee? Just do it in public, no prob.Other states import their homeless population to California. If you are homeless, why wouldn’t you move to California and enjoy the mild weather?
Mapping San Francisco's Human Waste Challenge - 132,562 Cases Reported In The Public Way Since 2008
New mayor, London Breed, won election by promising to clean things up. However, conditions are the same or worse. Last year, the number of reports spiked to an all-time high at 28,084. In first quarter 2019, the pace continued with 6,676 instances of human waste in the public way.
www.forbes.com
The policies in California also are very favorable to the homeless. Need to poop or pee? Just do it in public, no prob.
![]()
Mapping San Francisco's Human Waste Challenge - 132,562 Cases Reported In The Public Way Since 2008
New mayor, London Breed, won election by promising to clean things up. However, conditions are the same or worse. Last year, the number of reports spiked to an all-time high at 28,084. In first quarter 2019, the pace continued with 6,676 instances of human waste in the public way.www.forbes.com
Lol this article isn’t about California, it’s about a 49 sq mile plot of land out of 163,000+ sq miles.
And those tax increase proposals float along every year. At least we don’t try to restrict abortion or other dumb@ss shiet.
Those 49 miles aren't anywhere else in the country...Lol this article isn’t about California, it’s about a 49 sq mile plot of land out of 163,000+ sq miles.
And those tax increase proposals float along every year. At least we don’t try to restrict abortion or other dumb@ss shiet.
Those 49 miles aren't anywhere else in the country...
But at least be more accurate.
“Hey here’s an article about those stupid people not wearing masks in the United States.”
“Y’all that article is about Florida.”
Etc...
If you look at California, there has not been much chaos like Portland and Seattle. You would think so since California is such a “liberal” state. They even brought in the national guards. Those Berkeley hippies are long gone.
Portland and Seattle are pretty white and liberal, whereas Oakland and Sacramento are less white. Make of that what you will.
There are more Trump voters in California than the populations of most fly-over states as well
High cost of living is not too bad. It limits growth. It forces people who can’t afford it to leave.
I always laugh when people bring up hippies and other characters from the 60s. Walk around SF (ignore the poop) and it’s all Young and Urban White/Asian Professionals (YUWAP - I made that up just now).
People who can’t afford it leave, or move inland. The “stereotypical” liberal California is quite literally a 30 mile zone that hugs the mean high tide line of the Pacific Ocean. Baghdad by the Bay is more like Monaco by the Bay.
California is great if you’re in the upper 10% of wealth/income (upper 25% if you have an inherited housing cost basis as I described above).
It’s not government largesse, it’s IPO largesse here. Central Valley is still solid Trump Country - aka Devin Nunes/Kevin McCarthy territory. OC is still the home county of the late Richard Nixon, and Little Saigon + south county/949 still forms one of the strongest conservative financial bases in the country and the spirit of Nixon lives on.
Let’s not even forget that the upper third of the state is actively trying to secede (State of Jefferson).
But you know, poop and tax articles.
Sucks being a donor state and all these red states just use your money/wealth. Oh well. Mo’ money, mo problems.
PS I actually prefer fog to sun, go figure.
PS I actually prefer fog to sun, go figure.
D
deleted885753
I definitely see the appeal of living in Cali:
1) probably best weather in USA
2) Hub of pretty much everything: businesses, technology, art, film, entrepreneurship etc.
3) Huge ethnic diversity: you won’t be singled out due to particular ethnic background in Cali.
4) Access to nature: Amazing national parks; they got mountains, trees, beaches; anything you can possibly imagine. Plus close proximity to Arizona and Utah. Amazing traveling opportunities in general, not just for nature lovers.
Their COL is way too high for my taste but to each his own. If you can afford it without compromising your financial situation, it would be a wonderful place to call home.
1) probably best weather in USA
2) Hub of pretty much everything: businesses, technology, art, film, entrepreneurship etc.
3) Huge ethnic diversity: you won’t be singled out due to particular ethnic background in Cali.
4) Access to nature: Amazing national parks; they got mountains, trees, beaches; anything you can possibly imagine. Plus close proximity to Arizona and Utah. Amazing traveling opportunities in general, not just for nature lovers.
Their COL is way too high for my taste but to each his own. If you can afford it without compromising your financial situation, it would be a wonderful place to call home.
I definitely see the appeal of living in Cali:
1) probably best weather in USA
2) Hub of pretty much everything: businesses, technology, art, film, entrepreneurship etc.
3) Huge ethnic diversity: you won’t be singled out due to particular ethnic background in Cali.
4) Access to nature: Amazing national parks; they got mountains, trees, beaches; anything you can possibly imagine. Plus close proximity to Arizona and Utah. Amazing traveling opportunities in general, not just for nature lovers.
Their COL is way too high for my taste but to each his own. If you can afford it without compromising your financial situation, it would be a wonderful place to call home.
With the exception of weather, the Boston-DC corridor offers all of that, too. I wouldn't mind living in California, but the increase in cost of living doesn't justify it. I can get everything they got out here in Philly.
California is both overhated and overrated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You also get a little more crime in philly.
“The department released numbers from last year that show there were 253 homicides in Los Angeles in 2019, the lowest rate since 1962 and a 77 percent decrease since 1992.
Property crime decreased 7.4 percent from 2018 and violent crime decreased 5.5 percent.
The department says it's all about reaching out to the community and building trust.”
Meh. Just don't go to anywhere under the El or West Philly and you're fine.
D
deleted885753
With the exception of weather, the Boston-DC corridor offers all of that, too. I wouldn't mind living in California, but the increase in cost of living doesn't justify it. I can get everything they got out here in Philly.
California is both overhated and overrated.
Not enough for nature lovers. Cali has Cali and Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Oregon etc close by on top of that..
Pfft. That's a gigantic, huge area. In comparable land space, BosWash has West Virginia, the Poconos, Shenandoah and Acadia National Parks, the Smokey Mountains, Montreal and all of Quebec, VT and NH, Niagara Falls. Give me a break.Not enough for nature lovers. Cali has Cali and Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Oregon etc close by on top of that..
Meh. Just don't go to anywhere under the El or West Philly and you're fine.
Lol if you confine yourself between the 95 and the Schuylkill, South St. and Vine you’re good, right? Or have those boundaries changed much?
California is both overhated and overrated.
As a Californian in every sense of the word, I endorse this statement!