School Lists and Applying Internationally

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sp1997

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I take any of these schools out of my list? I already took out Harvard because I was told it caters towards PHDs in dentistry and that wasn't my goal

Herman Ostrow (USC)
UCLA
Midwestern (IL)
Louisville
UCSF
Columbia
Marquette
Rutgers
UPenn
UIC
Case Western
UPitt

Also, does anyone know how to apply to schools outside the US (such as England or New Zealand)? Do they accept US credits/DAT? Thank you!!

EDIT: I am a finance major, but have completed most of the prerequisites in college and have taken other classes such as microbio and molecular genetics in high school so I have a strong science background. I scored a 22 AA on the DAT with a 3.7 cGPA and 3.85 sGPA. I also have almost 2 years of research under my belt in an organic chemistry lab, have been qualified as a dental assistant, am a TA for new dental assistants, have been shadowing/chairside assisting since 2015 (accumulating to over 200 hours), and have done over 400 hours of community service.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It kinda depends on your stats and what your goals are. UCLA and Columbia have pretty high averages for gpa and dat. You should also look at cost, unless that doesn’t matter to you. USC is super expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
i believe @fit2 applied as an international student last cycle but he also attended undergrad in the US. He had an awesome cycle, maybe he can give you some pointers. also it would help if you posted your academic stats, otherwise no one can really give you any advice.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
from what I understand youre an American citizen applying to US schools and thinking about applying to international school. is that correct?

you can do a PhD route at any school not just HSDM. Harvard probably has more students that think about specializing especially because the program is a little geared towards that. it's one the "cheapest" expensive schools so worth a shot if you got a very good application.

I believe you have to apply to international schools individually. there are indeed some good schools in England and china I think but you have to check out their websites

What is your state of residency? Did you include all of your state schools?