Schools that provide application feedback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buckoh24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know some of us may be reapplying either this cycle or next and I wanted to see if there is a mega list of schools that are willing to give application feedback so we can all find our weak points. Ill start a little list you guys can add other schools which have been helpful.

Gave feedback:
University of Michigan
Wright State University

Said they provide feedback:
CCLCM
Geisel
OSU
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
UCF
U Iowa
Creighton
Loyola
Mayo
SUNY Downstate
Boston U
MCW
Oakland

Do not provide feedback:
GWU
Georgetown
Basically all UC schools
UChicago
Pitt
Colorado
Hofstra
Temple
Cornell
Mt. Sinai
Stanford
Tulane
USC
Tufts
Emory
Brown
Quinnipiac

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Wake forest and UCF both state that they will provide feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Made a list Schools that are open to post-rejection feedback

Receptive:

University of Iowa (phone discussion, call now to schedule)
Creighton (call in mid-April to set up appointment)
Loyola Stritch (call starting April 1 to set up appointment)
Dartmouth Geisel (call in May to set up appointment)
Mayo-Arizona (contact in April/May)
SUNY Downstate (email starting April 1, do not call)
Boston University (contact through portal and they will send you a message. most of it seemed like it was, understandably, a generalized response about how many exemplary applicants they get)
Oakland Beaumont ("We provide an opportunity for applicants to schedule an advising appointment to receive feedback on their applications and advice on how to become a more competitive applicant for OUWB. These appointments will be available only to applicants who do not have other interviews scheduled or completed, and have to reapply next cycle.")
Medical College of Wisconsin (contact in May)
No Feedback

University of Pittsburgh
UC Irvine
UCSF
UC Riverside
UC Davis
UC San Deigo
Stanford
Tulane
Hofstra
Georgetown
USC
Brown Alpert
Tufts
Emory
Quinnipiac
George Washington
Awesome. I added them to the post. Did you already get feedback from some or have they just said they will?

You’ve definitely contributed with the list so thanks for putting this together. In general though while you should attend these meetings because you have nothing to lose, keep in mind the process is pretty superficial. Sometimes superior applicants lose out to less qualified applicants for poor reasons and programs will never tell you that. If a pre-med student who was secretly holding a Harvard acceptance went to talk to these people saying they didn’t get admitted, adcomms might put his or her app under a microscope and spit out something stupid like they needed more shadowing/volunteering/etc.

You’ve definitely contributed with the list so thanks for putting this together. In general though while you should attend these meetings because you have nothing to lose, keep in mind the process is pretty superficial. Sometimes superior applicants lose out to less qualified applicants for poor reasons and programs will never tell you that. If a pre-med student who was secretly holding a Harvard acceptance went to talk to these people saying they didn’t get admitted, adcomms might put his or her app under a microscope and spit out something stupid like they needed more shadowing/volunteering/etc.
I have noticed that some schools do give feedback but they tend to be generalized. The 2 that gave me feedback both specifically addressed activities/grades/my PS which I thought was very valuable. But I agree that many will say to beef up ECs with clinical experience/shadowing. The information sessions are good for finding what the school seems to emphasize so you can see if those areas of your application are lacking.

I have noticed that some schools do give feedback but they tend to be generalized. The 2 that gave me feedback both specifically addressed activities/grades/my PS which I thought was very valuable. But I agree that many will say to beef up ECs with clinical experience/shadowing. The information sessions are good for finding what the school seems to emphasize so you can see if those areas of your application are lacking.

I’m glad you realize my point. Care to specify the quality of the feedback for all the places. I’m guessing UMich and Wright gave the best feedback.

I’m glad you realize my point. Care to specify the quality of the feedback for all the places. I’m guessing UMich and Wright gave the best feedback.
They mentioned when I submitted and to submit earlier. Even mentioned my grade trend despite my GPA lower than the avg and how my C+ in Ochem 2 wasnt seen as badly because I got an A in biochem right after. Mentioned my clinical volunteering jumping around instead of sticking to 1-2 things long term. And also gave me feedback on my PS to structure it better so the readers will be more engaged earlier (basically answer why medicine earlier in the PS).

They mentioned when I submitted and to submit earlier. Even mentioned my grade trend despite my GPA lower than the avg and how my C+ in Ochem 2 wasnt seen as badly because I got an A in biochem right after. Mentioned my clinical volunteering jumping around instead of sticking to 1-2 things long term. And also gave me feedback on my PS to structure it better so the readers will be more engaged earlier (basically answer why medicine earlier in the PS).

Seems pretty good to me! Also I meant specificy which schools gave you good feedback vs which ones didn’t. That would help a lot of people.

Seems pretty good to me! Also I meant specificy which schools gave you good feedback vs which ones didn’t. That would help a lot of people.
Oh I only got feedback from those 2 so far.