Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Science Grades Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by katm, Aug 21, 2015.

1. katm

Pre-Pharmacy
    This is probably a dumb question, but I just wanted to read some of your opinions. I love science, it is by far my favorite subject, but it isn't my strongest subject. I've never failed or come close to failing a science class but while in most of my other subjects I'm getting a 3.5- 4.0 my science classes fall a bit short. Should I point this out on applications and explain that although it doesn't come as easy to me as other subjects, I love the subject and work hard at it? Or would pointing out that it isn't my strongest subject be hurting me because pharmacy is largely science based?
    Thank you guys for your help, and good luck!

2. pharm9880

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I would say not to worry about it. I was in the same sort of position when I applied. I had just shy of a 3.3 cGPA, but a 2.8 sGPA. Just have a solid PCAT and you should be fine. I managed to get into every school to which I applied (including UNC and UT-Austin) and I start pharmacy school in two days at UT. Explain your passion for science, but don't talk about how it isn't your strongest subject. That's at least how I approached it.

3. katm

Pre-Pharmacy
    Okay great! I did well on the PCAT but again I was saved by my reading comprehension, and verbal ability sub scores. Thank you for replying and congrats on your acceptance!

4. DrSerax

Pharmacist
    I don't think that you should point it out in your application. But if/when you get interviewed you should definitely be ready and have an answer as to why your sGPA isn't as strong. Good luck!!!!