SCOTUS will increase to 11 or 13 Justices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am conflicted because I don't want to be taxed thru my nose...
I'd prefer one party taxed more and spent more while the other cut taxes and spent less. The current approach is bankrupting the country and the lies are dividing the people.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Democrat will tax and spend; republican will cut tax, spend and lie about being fiscally conservative. I am not sure which one is worse.

Just keep in mind that Trumps tax cuts for anyone making less than 75K will expire and will increase every 2 years until they will end at a level higher than they were before the cuts.

Republicans need to get off the corporate teat, tax them a flat 20% without any loopholes and use that $ to fund infrastructure, education etc.

Members don't see this ad :)

Anyone think this is just weird? Not the cannibalism fantasy, but the fact that having a fetish/kink is cancelling people? Is this where the metoo movement is going? Just destroying men you don’t like? If you read the allegation of emotional abuse it the person is literally painting normal relationship arch as abuse : roses and butterflies at first and then fizzling out. Have Republican men been right all along about feminism? Also lol at the headline.

So blade where are these extra judges? Don't see 'em. It's almost like the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by conservatives to demonize a democratic presidency were totally full of **** or something.

• Love
  • Haha
So blade where are these extra judges? Don't see 'em. It's almost like the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by conservatives to demonize a democratic presidency were totally full of **** or something.
We’re only 3 weeks into this....but ya, I don’t see Biden pushing that.

Reactions: 1 user

Anyone think this is just weird? Not the cannibalism fantasy, but the fact that having a fetish/kink is cancelling people? Is this where the metoo movement is going? Just destroying men you don’t like? If you read the allegation of emotional abuse it the person is literally painting normal relationship arch as abuse : roses and butterflies at first and then fizzling out. Have Republican men been right all along about feminism? Also lol at the headline.
Is he really getting "cancelled" though? His dirty laundry is getting aired which sucks for him I guess, but he is still gonna get dates and as far as I can tell will still be acting.

Is he really getting "cancelled" though? His dirty laundry is getting aired which sucks for him I guess, but he is still gonna get dates and as far as I can tell will still be acting.
Ya he is. I mean, the dude has a lot of money so I don’t think it will bother him much but still.

He got dropped from a film (with JLo) and a series.
And his agent (I think) also dropped him.

Too bad about the film though, cos just half a cheek of JLo would satisfy his cannibalism for YEARS!! 🤪

• Haha
If a tree gets canceled in the woods does it make a tweet?
Haha, I saw a similar article that was outraged he was “out and about” and “seemingly unfazed”. Like wtf. Literally every one of those women would still be with him if he didn’t move on out of boredom. And for every single one of these “abused” women, they’re a thousand more who would literally line up for a chance. They salty as hell.

There were other women with sexual assault allegations and allegations of non consensual BDSM among other things

Members don't see this ad :)
For all those “Both Sides” folks out there. Remember one side is pushing for racial justice and equality.

wrong. They're pushing for more corporate set-asides for HR hires and useless "outreach" grifts.

If you can't see that the people in the streets are pawns, you haven't been paying attention. Some very powerful entities egged on the BLM/Antifa riots; entities that, a decade ago, self-proclaimed "liberals" claimed to oppose via Occupy Wall Street and similar movements.

RE: the t-shirt, show me four other people with that t-shirt on in DC that day. Its wearer is a statistical irrelevancy.

wrong. They're pushing for more corporate set-asides for HR hires and useless "outreach" grifts.

If you can't see that the people in the streets are pawns, you haven't been paying attention. Some very powerful entities egged on the BLM/Antifa riots; entities that, a decade ago, self-proclaimed "liberals" claimed to oppose via Occupy Wall Street and similar movements.

RE: the t-shirt, show me four other people with that t-shirt on in DC that day. Its wearer is a statistical irrelevancy.
Yes one person being an anti Semitic POS means nothing. But if you’re so far down the delusional rabbit hole of thinking it was Antifa storming the capital and not a mix of trump supporting white supremacists then sense left you behind a few stops ago.

6mwe-for-article-e1610452855965-1024x640.jpg

(6 million weren't enough)

In case you're wondering who Baked Alaska is:

9535798_hypatia-h_89a5c76f764dd2ea1f275e951f8d9633-h_46610fb14df722934570dfc0b656febc.jpg

09ed9379-298b-4cd7-87df-d3093ce1f719-AFP_AFP_8YA8KY.jpg

Last edited:

I certainly won't defend the use of racial epithets - which are always wrong - but a few points:

-The Confederate Flag has been historically repurposed by wide swaths of rural communities to represent opposition to the federal government. Yes, I understand that its original meaning was quite different, but historical symbols and ideas are "repurposed" and repackaged all the time - an example of which would be the social acceptability of the Abrahamic religions, the not-so-ancient iterations/implementations of which would be totally unacceptable by modern standards.

-The "OK" symbol is a troll created by 4chan or Reddit. It has no meaning other than to rile up Karens. BTW, there's a growing understanding that the convenient absence of a sense of humor on left-wingers' parts is nothing more than a dishonest tactic. (Either that, or some people really do need laugh-track cues.)

-The piece about the "shaman's" tattoos is about five degrees removed from making an actual point. Maybe we should all stop wearing Hanes because there are Nazis and Antifa that wear the brand.

Last edited:
I certainly won't defend the use of racial epithets - which are always wrong - but a few points:

-The Confederate Flag has been historically repurposed by wide swaths of rural communities to represent opposition to the federal government. Yes, I understand that its original meaning was quite different, but historical symbols and ideas are "repurposed" and repackaged all the time - an example of which would be the social acceptability of the Abrahamic religions, the ancient iterations/implementations of which would be totally unacceptable by modern standards.

-The "OK" symbol is a troll created by 4chan or Reddit. It has no meaning other than to rile up Karens.

-The piece about the "shaman's" tattoos is about five degrees removed from making an actual point. Maybe we should all stop wearing Hanes because there are Nazis and Antifa that wear the brand.

The confederate flag now and then is still racist, hence why every southern state is removing it from their flags or their capitol buildings. The OK symbol is an obvious white power sign when used by groups like the proud boys. Chansley has those tatts because they’re repurposed insignia, in the style of / inspired by how the SS used Runic insignia.

But keep engaging in apologetics for these dudes. It’s a good look.

Last edited:
The confederate flag now and then is still racist, hence why every southern state is removing it from their flags or their capitol buildings. The OK symbol is an obvious white power sign when used by groups like the proud boys. Chansley has those tatts because they’re repurposed insignia, in the style of / inspired by how the SS used Runic insignia.

But keep engaging in apologetics for these dudes. It’s a good look.

A flag without words is not "racist"; it represents whatever idea is imparted to it by its bearers. The fact that Southern states are stumbling over themselves to bow to the mob speaks about nothing but the legislatures' characters.

The Proud Boys group is explicitly, deliberately multiracial. Its former leader, Gavin McInnes, is married to an American Indian woman.

The mainstream Left provides cover and excuses for Antifa, a terrorist group that brandishes the hammer and sickle, a symbol used by a political ideology even deadlier than Nazism. Do you castigate the Left with equally emphatic terms?

A flag without words is not "racist"; it represents whatever idea is imparted to it by its bearers. The fact that Southern states are stumbling over themselves to bow to the mob speaks about nothing but the legislatures' characters.

The Proud Boys group is explicitly, deliberately multiracial. Its former leader, Gavin McInnes, is married to an American Indian woman.

The mainstream Left provides cover and excuses for Antifa, a terrorist group that brandishes the hammer and sickle, a symbol used by a political ideology even deadlier than Nazism. Do you castigate the Left with equally emphatic terms?
How embarrassing for you. Obviously, no response to the fact that the OK symbol when used by those groups is a known racist sign. No response to the fact that neonazi groups repurpose viking and norse symbols.

Just deflection and whataboutism in defense of racist insurrectionists. Sad.

Tangentially, the 20th century history of the confederate flag is somewhat interesting. It's *always* been racist, and any claim to be a "states' rights" symbol has always just been pretty thinly veiled “Lost Cause” segregationist nonsense.

sGvOq1Z.png

3KT5bWY.png

5SWoIxC.png

Last edited:
How embarrassing for you. Obviously, no response to the fact that the OK symbol when used by those groups is a known racist sign. No response to the fact that neonazi groups repurpose viking and norse symbols.

Just deflection and whataboutism. Sad.

What the f*** does "known racist sign" mean?

Ok, so some Neo-Nazis get Viking and Norse tattoos. Therefore... nobody else is allowed to get them anymore? People who have historical connections to those symbols should allow them to be appropriated and commandeered by Neo-Nazis?

"Whataboutism" definition: the calling-out of left-wing hypocrisy

Ok, so some Neo-Nazis get Viking and Norse tattoos. Therefore... nobody else is allowed to get them anymore? People who have historical connections to those symbols should allow them to be appropriated by Neo-Nazis?

It means exactly what I said, genius. When used by white supremacist groups or the racist trolls on 8chan or whatever, it's a known racist sign. Just like 1488 is only a number. Until it's used by a neonazi.

Is there some way I can say it even simpler for you?

It means exactly what I said, genius. When used by white supremacist groups or the racist trolls on 8chan or whatever, it's a known racist sign. Just like 1488 is only a number. Until it's used by a neonazi.

Is there some way I can say it even simpler for you?

It's a troll. A crude joke. Welcome to the Generation Z internet age. As I wrote above, maybe you need a laugh track to recognize when someone's making a joke (funny or not).

It's a troll. A crude joke. Welcome to the Generation Z internet age. As I wrote above, maybe you need a laugh track to recognize when someone's making a joke (funny or not).
Yeah, those dudes flashing the OK symbol before they stormed the capitol was fcking hilarious

Ok, so some Neo-Nazis get Viking and Norse tattoos. Therefore... nobody else is allowed to get them anymore? People who have historical connections to those symbols should allow them to be appropriated and commandeered by Neo-Nazis?

Same could be said for swastikas. And in the context of domestic terrorists who align with white supremacy goes, I think his argument is very fair.

People circle jerking on what essentially is the internet’s rectum, writing things they’d get their ass kicked in public for isn’t a joke. It’s cowardice.

Not from the daily beast or from wapo, but from AP

People circle jerking on what essentially is the internet’s rectum, writing things they’d get their ass kicked in public for isn’t a joke. It’s cowardice.

It is a joke. The fact that you or I may not find it funny doesn't change that. Though triggering Karens really is funny. I remember when one started screeching at me in the street because I wasn't wearing a mask outside. Good times.

View attachment 330377View attachment 330375View attachment 330376
Commentary: A new analysis of state revenue and spending reveals that oil and natural gas production and development on federal lands in New Mexico accounted for $1.5 billion in revenue and 18% of total state spending in fiscal year 2020.
Nearly a third of the state’s land is owned by the U.S. government and much of it overlies the Permian Basin, the world’s most productive oil field. Revenues from drilling on federal lands there soared 85% over the last decade to $707 million in 2020 - making up about a tenth of the state’s total budget. Much of that money goes to its schools.

President Joe Biden’s Jan. 27 order to pause oil and gas leasing on federal lands hit Wyoming on Friday as the BLM postponed the auction of 383 parcels covering almost half a million acres. The state-commissioned drilling-ban impact report by a University of Wyoming energy economics professor predicts production and investment losses in Wyoming, plus the lost tax revenue, would amount to $640 billion through 2040. Author Tim Considine prepared the 66-page review in December more than a month before Biden paused leasing for “a comprehensive review” of the nationwide system.

Univeristy of Wyoming energy economic professor Timothy Considine estimated Colorado would lose $586 million a year between 2021 and 2025 with a moratorium on new leases on public land and $700 million a year in those five years under an outright ban on drilling.
You've got a case of mistaking correlation with causation if you think Keystone getting canceled or a possible future moratorium single-handedly made crude (and thus gasoline prices) rise.

Screenshot_20210216-181149_Chrome.jpg

Tell that to the people in Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, California, etc. when they raise taxes to make up for all the lost revenue from oil and gas production.
I said nothing about the local economic hit they might take.

You posted a picture of a rising gas prices headline right under a Biden suspends new drilling permit headline. The two have virtually nothing to do with each other- because crude is mostly tied to the strength of the global economy and what OPEC members are doing. That is all.

e since you edited your post: yes, decreased supply might make prices go up. But without fail that supply change only has any teeth when the cartel known as OPEC flexes. The US produces 12-15% of the world’s oil, a commodity that trades on the global market- we can’t do much unilaterally via price fixing.

Last edited:

*citations needed

Also, you should be aware that the renaissance that occurred in American oil production occurred in the Bakken and Permian Basin, which are quite expensive places from which to extract crude. Oil prices *need* to be $50-60+ per barrel for many of these producers (esp the smaller ones) to not go out of business let alone make a profit.

Reactions: 2 users

Yeah, they're being arrested because they're good people without a dangerous agenda

If you read through Foreign Policy, Brookings Institution briefs, and other legitimate analyses of the domestic terrorism situation in the United States, right-wing extremism is by far deemed to be a greater threat, with left-wing terrorism given nary a mention. This is because in *legitimate policy circles* outside of the media echo chambers, it is very clear that left wingers present little real threat to safety or democracy for numerous reasons. The right is armed, ideologically more cohesive, looking for a tipping point at which they can feel the flag has been waves to engage in violence, and orgamized. The more fringe left is a bunch of people that want to punch Nazis and occasionally tag a target, with minimal to no organization, no ideological center, little armament, and no cause that could be triggered by a single event which could result in mass violence due to their ideological incohesiveness. Comparing the two is like comparing hand grenades to firecrackers, it's legitimately stupid to anyone in the know.

With regard to your antifascist boogeyman:

Also, you should be aware that the renaissance that occurred in American oil production occurred in the Bakken and Permian Basin, which are quite expensive places from which to extract crude. Oil prices *need* to be $50-60+ per barrel for many of these producers (esp the smaller ones) to not go out of business let alone make a profit.
The price of crude was intentionally driven down by Russia and OPEC to crush America's booming fracking industry. Fracking can't survive under the $60 price point, so the goal was to keep prices low long enough to bankrupt fracking companies then lower production again to get crude high enough to increase profits but not so high that fracking recovers

Reactions: 2 users
Saudi Arabia, which controls about one-third of OPEC's total oil reserves, plays a leading role in the organization. Saudi Arabia is the heart of OPEC .

Joe Biden has announced an end to US support for Saudi-led offensive operations in Yemen, as part of a broad reshaping of American foreign policy.
In his first foreign policy speech as president, Biden signaled that the US would no longer be an unquestioning ally to the Gulf monarchies.
OK? Again, two uncorrelated things. Saudi has been sparring with Russia over oil prices since last year

“OPEC, Russia and other oil major producers reached an unusual agreement on production quotas on Tuesday, with Saudi Arabia committing to reducing its oil production by one million barrels a day and Russia and Kazakhstan winning relatively modest production increases.

The effect will be an overall reduction in oil production. The news pushed prices up more than 4 percent, reaching levels not seen since February. Brent crude rose past $53 a barrel, and West Texas Intermediate exceeded $50 as traders welcomed the Saudi willingness to give up some barrels in an effort to stabilize the market.

The difficulty in reaching consensus at the meeting of the OPEC Plus group appeared to show that cooperation between Saudi Arabia, the de facto leader of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, and Russia is once again under considerable strain. That tension could be a harbinger of difficulties in restraining production in the coming months.

Finding that they were unable to head off Russia’s demand for a production increase, Saudi Arabia appears to have largely given in to preserve at least a semblance of unity”

Last edited:

Anyone who claims all the major networks’ prime time opinion shows have this level of unrelenting lying are either totally ignorant or also themselves lying

Yeah, they're being arrested because they're good people without a dangerous agenda

If you read through Foreign Policy, Brookings Institution briefs, and other legitimate analyses of the domestic terrorism situation in the United States, right-wing extremism is by far deemed to be a greater threat, with left-wing terrorism given nary a mention. This is because in *legitimate policy circles* outside of the media echo chambers, it is very clear that left wingers present little real threat to safety or democracy for numerous reasons. The right is armed, ideologically more cohesive, looking for a tipping point at which they can feel the flag has been waves to engage in violence, and orgamized. The more fringe left is a bunch of people that want to punch Nazis and occasionally tag a target, with minimal to no organization, no ideological center, little armament, and no cause that could be triggered by a single event which could result in mass violence due to their ideological incohesiveness. Comparing the two is like comparing hand grenades to firecrackers, it's legitimately stupid to anyone in the know.

With regard to your antifascist boogeyman:

Why are we supposed to care about what left-wing think tanks have to spout about these so-called threats? I've written it before, and I'll write it again: every single window broken, item stolen, police car vandalized, and officer attacked in the BLM/Antifa riots last year was an act of terrorism by the official definition. GTFOH if you expect people to believe that the majority of terrorism is committed by right-wingers. The fact that an occasional right-wing nutjob commits a violent, terroristic act that gets media attention doesn't negate the fact that left-wing terrorism has become far more of a player, and happens to be much more effective wrt enlistment of corporations and governmental entities.

And no, I'm not going to post every single corporate social media post expressing "solidarity" with the rioters (oops, I mean the "peaceful protesters" enjoying their carbecues) this past spring-fall. Anyone reading this who has IG, FB, or Twitter saw them. And to those who abstain from social media, good for you and your sanity.

Last edited:
  • Love
Why are we supposed to care about what left-wing think tanks have to spout about these so-called threats? I've written it before, and I'll write it again: every single window broken, item stolen, police car vandalized, and officer attacked in the BLM/Antifa riots last year was an act of terrorism by the official definition. GTFOH if you expect people to believe that the majority of terrorism is committed by right-wingers. The fact that an occasional right-wing nutjob commits a violent, terroristic act that gets media attention doesn't negate the fact that left-wing terrorism has become far more of a player, and happens to be much more effective wrt enlistment of corporations and governmental entities.
Oh, you’re not worried about what think tanks say? How about what trump’s own DHS and his trumpy acting secretary of homeland security said?

4A5A84DC-1A70-4241-8D70-5053766C843A.jpeg

Looking forward to see how you try to handwave this one away too