SDN/The Syndicate WW Crossover Event - Hosted by JaggedJimmyJay and WildZoo - Start Date no earlier than 4/10/23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please indicate your cycle close time preference

• Total voters
I do remember the second time around, people complaining about the game being low activity and me questioning their definitions

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think the big downsides just end up being

1) if the day "off" falls on a day where you otherwise would have been able to be active, when you were busy during the "on" days
2) the games last 5ever
Agree. Also, I find I don't really take the day "off" because instead I'm thinking about what I could be posting in the thread... if it were open :bag:. And if it's open nights that's even worse.
I get fatigued when the same game goes on for a really long time and 48/24 just... wow. Knocks me out. I still like 12/12 frankly, though I understand why mods don't want to run them lol. When I was modding Okami I was like wtf... vote close AGAIN??? And that game was mountainous :laugh:

Stardeww would have been much easier to run as a 48/24, but we also knew we’d never get the roster we needed, so instead it was a lot of late nights and early mornings :laugh:

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My favorite is 72/24.

*ducks tomatoes*

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
How many posts a cycle are we expecting because that will determine if I can be bothered to play

ETA: idc if its been addressed already. I want to feel special and recieve my own reply.

ETA #2: Where on the scale of headache to full-blown pain in my ass will the level of nonsense mechanics be?

Last edited:
How many posts a cycle are we expecting because that will determine if I can be bothered to play

ETA: idc if its been addressed already. I want to feel special and recieve my own reply.

ETA #2: Where on the scale of headache to full-blown pain in my ass is the level of nonsense mechanics will this game be?
The temptation to just ignore you was so strong...

Post minimum is 10 per cycle, cap will be 150.

Game hasn't been designed yet so I can't answer your mechanics question, but it's me so expect targeted levels of annoyance :)

• Haha
Every player will be expected to do math problems in the night phase

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I probably should stick to the sub or tot list

Vet math??? :heckyeah: Like how much doxycycline to give to this coughing lab that goes to daycare three times a week?

Because if it’s differential calculus, I’m out.
looks up from fluid calculations

This Vetpocket app is pretty neat!
And it's very effective, it's pocketed me very well with calculating fluids for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The temptation to just ignore you was so strong...

Post minimum is 10 per cycle, cap will be 150.

Game hasn't been designed yet so I can't answer your mechanics question, but it's me so expect targeted levels of annoyance :)
*Checks calendar to see if its Dubz's birthday yet.*

• Care
Vet math??? :heckyeah: Like how much doxycycline to give to this coughing lab that goes to daycare three times a week?

Because if it’s differential calculus, I’m out.
It'll be more "maffs" actually, like if one man eats a biscuit on a train moving 80mph as another sips 50 fl oz of earl grey at 0.2 fl oz per minute on a different train heading perpendicular at 95mph with a five second head start from the same location (Cambridge), how many biscuit crumbs would the first man find in the rim of his bowler hat by the time the second man's tea is empty and/or the second train reaches King's Cross?

• Haha
  • Wow
It'll be more "maffs" actually, like if one man eats a biscuit on a train moving 80mph as another sips 50 fl oz of earl grey at 0.2 fl oz per minute on a different train heading perpendicular at 95mph with a five second head start from the same location (Cambridge), how many biscuit crumbs would the first man find in the rim of his bowler hat by the time the second man's tea is empty and/or the second train reaches King's Cross?
needs more veterinary application pls

None, because he forgot his bowler hat on the platform! Oh no!

• Wow
  • Haha
comedy central GIF by Workaholics

• Haha

Come sign up so Zenge and samac can get some practice and then we can go have fun in the crossover game!

• Love

Come sign up so Zenge and samac can get some practice and then we can go have fun in the crossover game!
This makes it sound like no fun will be had in the champs practice game :laugh:

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Zenge and samac have donned their sweatbands. They have learned karate. Now they must experience the fire of competition. Join them in the practice game for the good of all SDN. For they are your champions.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
now I'm gonna be disappointed if I'm not asked how many 1/4 tablets of furosemide should be administered to the 20 pound shih tzu in CHF.
Lasix dose = Age + BUN

I wonder what my playstyle on the Syndicate will be. It's been a consistent trend for me to shift depending on the site I'm playing (or at least that's what players say when they encounter me on a different site than our usual) and I'm not sure why.

• Wow
I wonder what my playstyle on the Syndicate will be. It's been a consistent trend for me to shift depending on the site I'm playing (or at least that's what players say when they encounter me on a different site than our usual) and I'm not sure why.
Interesting. I’ll be curious to observe this phenomenon.

@genny @Animal Midwife @Santygrass @dyachei @mightyrunner7 @SportPonies @potentialsheltervet @miranda920 @Zenge142 @NateTheLesser @SARdoghandler

With the crossover set to begin soon, @WildZoo and I have a very important task for you.

Please send to one or both of us a list of your favorite animals in the world (as in the type of animal, not a specific animal) or otherwise any animal you wish to be in the game. The list may be as long or as short as you wish. You will receive the first available animal on your list, first-come first-serve. If all of the animals on your list are taken or time runs out, we can randomize a super cool critter for you.

You may contact us here on SDN, via Discord, or on The Syndicate. Please get back with us by Monday the 17th at 4:00 PM EDT!

Last edited:
  • Love
@genny @Animal Midwife @Santygrass @dyachei @mightyrunner7 @SportPonies @potentialsheltervet @miranda920 @Zenge142 @NateTheLesser @SARdoghandler

With the crossover set to begin soon, @WildZoo and I have a very important task for you.

Please send to one or both of us a list of your favorite animals in the world (as in the type of animal, not a specific animal) or otherwise any animal you wish to be in the game. The list may be as long or as short as you wish. You will receive the first available animal on your list, first-come first-serve. If all of the animals on your list are taken or time runs out, we can randomize a super cool critter for you.

You may contact us here on SDN, via Discord, or on The Syndicate. Please get back with us by Monday the 17th at 4:00 PM EDT!
Note that this should be sent privately. Thanks

• Wow

If I had to guess, I'd say you'll go with **** posting and pigeon poetry

• Haha