SDN/The Syndicate WW Crossover Event - Hosted by JaggedJimmyJay and WildZoo - Start Date no earlier than 4/10/23

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Please indicate your cycle close time preference

• Total voters

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The message below was originally posted by @JaggedJimmyJay in the future games thread, I am making a separate thread for more visibility and so that the future games list doesn't get too buried as we discuss.

Start date will be no earlier than April 10th, and will be after the champs practice game
Cycles will likely be 48/24

@Lawpy tag list pls?

~~~~~

Hi everyone!

As you may have seen me discuss a few times around here and on the discord server, we're going to play a crossover game between SDN and The Syndicate. You already know a few folks hailing from The Syndicate:

@marmot`
@Clem J
me
@Santygrass has played with us a bit, therefore we claim him too
@lucy.
@dyachei is obviously an SDN OG, but they're also a good friend to us!
@NateTheLesser has played a few games and will have his allegiances tested

I will be hosting the game alongside @WildZoo, and it will be designed in accordance with the norms and traditions of both communities as much as can be managed. I think you're all the bees knees around here, and I love to celebrate great communities with crossover games like this. The Syndicate has already run three large-scale crossover games over the years:

Talking Heads Mafia - Syndicate and RateYourMusic
Mass Effect Mafia - Syndicate and HeroClix Realms
Cindy Kate and Percy Date Night Mafia - Syndicate and Personality Cafe

I'd be extremely pleased for SDN to be our next crossover. You're all invited! All of you! Click the link below to view the game details (with more details coming soon).

Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover

To play, you'll need a Syndicate account. If you need any assistance registering, please let me know either here or on discord (JaggedJimmyJay#5544). I'm a site admin and can sort out whatever needs sorting. Likewise, if you hate dark mode let me know. I can help you change it.

I would be so thrilled to have you all. You really are a great group, and you have a lot to be proud of in this forum.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And I want to see how modding that cycle length goes to determine if it would be something I could do during internship year, since i'm rather certain I won't be able to do our usual morning night closes

• Love
And I want to see how modding that cycle length goes to determine if it would be something I could do during internship year, since i'm rather certain I won't be able to do our usual morning night closes
a JOY to mod
the best cycle length

• Care
  • Sad
  • Love
Am I ready to tackle another WW game so soon?

• Love
  • Care
Unfortunately cycles set in terms of days (e.g., 2/1 like 48/24 would be) are a technical necessity on our site because of the way that we handle voting (via a timed poll). It is possible to have things like 36/12, but it comes with a bit more risk and can pose a challenge if hosts ever have something come up In Life when a phase is ending.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
48/24 meshes well with my schedule

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Okay, I'll go for it. I made an account!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hmm...put me in. I'll need to make an account! Might need to sub out depending on how hectic the Austin move becomes though... 🤔

• Love
Need to sit this one out due to Life Stuff (tm) but also I hate 48/24 lol

• Sad
Unfortunately cycles set in terms of days (e.g., 2/1 like 48/24 would be) are a technical necessity on our site because of the way that we handle voting (via a timed poll). It is possible to have things like 36/12, but it comes with a bit more risk and can pose a challenge if hosts ever have something come up In Life when a phase is ending.
Mods aren’t allowed to have Lifes! I thought we all knew this!

• Haha
  • Wow
what is the post minimum and maximum pls? @WildZoo @Animal Midwife @JaggedJimmyJay
Dubz and I will finalize numbers soon, but I would anticipate a minimum of like 5 or 10 -- something reasonable for time-constrained folks. We may instill a maximum too just so the Syndicaters don't drown everyone out with rapturous excitement (if so, maybe 150).

omg everyone who hates 48/24 go play champs and report back to me, that's what converted me
36/12 would have ended me
I think I'd stick to 12/12 in champs but I understand I'm in the minority.

• Sad
I think the big downsides just end up being

1) if the day "off" falls on a day where you otherwise would have been able to be active, when you were busy during the "on" days
2) the games last 5ever