This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimmy0202

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just about to graduate high school and want to go for a medical degree. Im a south korean national but am currently studying A-Levels in Pakistan, i have 4As in my AS LEVEL. I really want to go abroad for my medical studies, UK doesnt seem to be a good option because i lack in finance and i dont want to take a huge loan. Hence, i am considering Charles university in the Czech Republic, Second faculty of medicine. i would love to go for first faculty of medicine but ssadly, its very hard to go there for the entrance exams. Can anyone please let me know: 1) about the difference between FIRST faculty of medicine at charles in prague and the second? 2) What is the system of residency after my 6 years of M.D studies? Do i have to come back to my native country or do i have my other options open? 3) If overall this is a good idea or not?

Members don't see this ad.

where do you wish to pursue your medical career?

I was thinking to give my USMLE, after my 6 years Just because ive been told it is the best license i can have as with it you can practice in US, middle east? I do not know anythinng about PLAB but i would like to.

1st Faculty and 2nd faculty curriculum wise is very similar,. if you plan on going to the UK or US it won't make a difference. But if you want to return to Korea I won't recommend 2nd faculty because nobody has filed an application to get the faculty recogniized in Korea.( it's not hard to get it certified but only a graduate is eligible to apply for it). I recommend Hungary If you have any plans on returning to Korea.