secondary anyone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Call them if they dont come in tomorrow. If the lady says anything about cut offs, blurt your stats off to her.

Secondary should proceed to your email inbox.

There's no reason to call schools at this point and tell them your stats meet the cut off... some schools send secondaries out in waves, even schools with very little (or even no) screening criteria. Just sit tight. They will come!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Received secondary from Burrell com and primary received from MUCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
I am debating whether I should even bother with BCOM secondary. There are a lot of things that turn me off about this school like clinical rotations and for profit status.

Submitted CCOM's secondary just now. Wasn't bad at all. Also received the email notice from MUCOM, and received a secondary from OSUCOM.

I am debating whether I should even bother with BCOM secondary. There are a lot of things that turn me off about this school like clinical rotations and for profit status.
Skip it, give more chance for others ;)

I am fully verified, have a DO letter in, official MCAT scores in, good stats, and am only waiting on my committee letter to go in. I applied to six schools, and nothing so far.

I'm only concerned because the third page of my PDF is a giant blank. The fourth page says something like "additional personal information" and I don't think I'm missing anything, but wtf is additional? Is that how it looks for you guys?

BCOM Secondary

Each student is required to answer all of the following questions.

Describe your understanding of the osteopathic profession, and discuss how the principles and philosophy of osteopathic medicine would influence your future practice of medicine, as a potential graduate of an osteopathic medical school.
Why do you think BCOM is the perfect place for you and what qualities do you feel you would bring to BCOM that would help develop and foster the climate of our school?
What was your worst grade in college and explain what, if anything, you did to address the issue.
Answer one (1) of the following questions:
Discuss ethical behavior in a strictly secular context.
Defend the position that physicians should administer lethal injection in states where the death penalty is still applied.
You are a family practitioner in rural America and have strong beliefs against abortion for any reason. A 16 year-old girl comes to you, pregnant as a result of incest, telling you she wants to have an abortion and doesn’t know what to do or where to go. Define how you see your role in this situation.
Of the following individuals, who do you consider is the worst criminal and why: Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong or Joel Steinberg.

Then verify pre-reqs and pay 75

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted CCOM's secondary just now. Wasn't bad at all. Also received the email notice from MUCOM, and received a secondary from OSUCOM.
Did you use all 1500 characters answering the question about why CCOM? Having trouble coming up with a lot to say other than established school, good match, good mission...

For those applying this year: take a deep breath. To put things in perspective, AACOMAS allowed submission at the beginning of June last cycle. You all are still really really early. So early, in fact, that some schools are still setting up for this cycle, it seems. So don't worry, you'll all get your secondaries in due time. Pretty soon you'll dread seeing those secondary emails come up in your inbox ;)

TL;DR: relax and don't worry yet, the cycle's just started

Reactions: 5 users
My MCAT scores are officially verified...but no secondary from CCOM! =(
When did you send your MCAT in? I sent mine in about a month ago and i dont think its been made official. I opened my pdf for one of the schools and there is only unofficial score :/

BCOM Secondary

Each student is required to answer all of the following questions.

Describe your understanding of the osteopathic profession, and discuss how the principles and philosophy of osteopathic medicine would influence your future practice of medicine, as a potential graduate of an osteopathic medical school.
Why do you think BCOM is the perfect place for you and what qualities do you feel you would bring to BCOM that would help develop and foster the climate of our school?
What was your worst grade in college and explain what, if anything, you did to address the issue.
Answer one (1) of the following questions:
Discuss ethical behavior in a strictly secular context.
Defend the position that physicians should administer lethal injection in states where the death penalty is still applied.
You are a family practitioner in rural America and have strong beliefs against abortion for any reason. A 16 year-old girl comes to you, pregnant as a result of incest, telling you she wants to have an abortion and doesn’t know what to do or where to go. Define how you see your role in this situation.
Of the following individuals, who do you consider is the worst criminal and why: Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong or Joel Steinberg.

Then verify pre-reqs and pay 75
Seems like MMI questions as secondary questions, either way definitely interesting choice of questions.

For those applying this year: take a deep breath. To put things in perspective, AACOMAS allowed submission at the beginning of June last cycle. You all are still really really early. So early, in fact, that some schools are still setting up for this cycle, it seems. So don't worry, you'll all get your secondaries in due time. Pretty soon you'll dread seeing those secondary emails come up in your inbox ;)

TL;DR: relax and don't worry yet, the cycle's just started
appreciate this, really getting stressed about the problems but it's always good to hear some positive stuff from someone who made it!

still waiting to get verified :(

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you send your MCAT in? I sent mine in about a month ago and i dont think its been made official. I opened my pdf for one of the schools and there is only unofficial score :/

I sent my MCAT sometime in mid-May.

My MCAT scores are on my application as "unofficial" only and I am still receiving secondaries.

I sent it the day after AACOMAS opened this cycle. Still not verified. Don't worry.

Did you use all 1500 characters answering the question about why CCOM? Having trouble coming up with a lot to say other than established school, good match, good mission...

For both I got very close, especially for the first one. I took time to figure out exactly what I wanted to say, and what direction I wanted to go with each prompt. They're basically asking "why us?" and "why you?" So, I did my best to be very specific and give answers that weren't generic. So...if I were to say that they have a good mission statement, I would then go on to explain why that matters to me specifically.

Hopefully that makes sense. Good luck!

For both I got very close, especially for the first one. I took time to figure out exactly what I wanted to say, and what direction I wanted to go with each prompt. They're basically asking "why us?" and "why you?" So, I did my best to be very specific and give answers that weren't generic. So...if I were to say that they have a good mission statement, I would then go on to explain why that matters to me specifically.

Hopefully that makes sense. Good luck!

Is that compound in your profile DAC7? Looks like there are two amides, and an amine?

Man i'm rusty on this MCAT stuff.

Got the secondary invite to CCOM. KCU-COM sent email saying they go the primary and will start processing july 15.

Got the secondary invite to CCOM. KCU-COM sent email saying they go the primary and will start processing july 15.

Yea same here. How many schools are you applying to?

Is that compound in your profile DAC7? Looks like there are two amides, and an amine?

Man i'm rusty on this MCAT stuff.

Haha it's caffeine

Nothing from any of my list yet. :thumbdown:

So I just noticed something. I had a blank test date for 06/19 set up (today). I voided, but on my pdf files the blank test score isn't even showing up under the unofficial scores. In addition, the CCOM secondary page shows my July 2014 MCAT as received, and shows no mention of 06/19. Should I not worry about this anymore?

So I just noticed something. I had a blank test date for 06/19 set up (today). I voided, but on my pdf files the blank test score isn't even showing up under the unofficial scores. In addition, the CCOM secondary page shows my July 2014 MCAT as received, and shows no mention of 06/19. Should I not worry about this anymore?
You should contact aacomas first to find out their policy on cancelled mcat, they will very likely to kick your inquiry around between different schools

Why would you waste the money on the primary if you're not going to submit a secondary..?

I know a lot of people said that it's still early and to not freak out, but if I don't submit my apps until the end of June, is that considered too late and I just hurt my chances with my schools?

Does anyone know if LMU-DCOM secondary app has a word or character limit? It does not specify. Does that mean just write an essay, but not too long?
I am also curious if there s a limit. Two prompts for LMU-DCOM.

(1) In your own life, what experiences and/or people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician and what personal qualities do you possess that will help you become a successful osteopathic physician?

(2) Medical school requires a huge commitment in time and energy. Have you prepared for this commitment?

Is LMU-DCOM the only school that doesn't send secondaries and has it posted on the website?

I know a lot of people said that it's still early and to not freak out, but if I don't submit my apps until the end of June, is that considered too late and I just hurt my chances with my schools?
hardly. this cycle is MUCH longer than the MD cycle. MD cycle yes, its imperative you apply like the first day. DO you can apply August and still be considered early. I have friends who applied in OCTOBER with stats that wouldnt get love with MD and go in.

hardly. this cycle is MUCH longer than the MD cycle. MD cycle yes, its imperative you apply like the first day. DO you can apply August and still be considered early. I have friends who applied in OCTOBER with stats that wouldnt get love with MD and go in.

Be careful with that statement. Reason is because as DO schools are getting more competitive, it becomes more important to apply earlier, especially to DO schools with higher average stats. It is always better to apply earlier than later when admissions is rolling.

If you have really good stats, then you do have a leeway of applying later in the cycle.

Be careful with that statement. Reason is because as DO schools are getting more competitive, it becomes more important to apply earlier, especially to DO schools with higher average stats. It is always better to apply earlier than later when admissions is rolling.

If you have really good stats, then you do have a leeway of applying later in the cycle.
i mean, yeah. If you have the opportunity to apply earlier, do it. If you apply later, id sweat a bit, but i wouldnt get nightmares over it. My friends applied last year so the increaed competitiveness is minimal in this instance but i agree with what you say.

i mean, yeah. If you have the opportunity to apply earlier, do it. If you apply later, id sweat a bit, but i wouldnt get nightmares over it. My friends applied last year so the increaed competitiveness is minimal in this instance but i agree with what you say.

If you have a 3.7 gpa and a 27+ MCAT though... i'd say you can apply pretty "late" in the cycle for DO. "late" because Goro says even November is not too late for DO cycle.

Regardless applying early is always better no matter what.

Of course if you are a border applicant with like a 3.2 and a 24 MCAT you really should submit your primary in June and be on top of secondaries.

1 secondary on Thursday! And two "received it but won't do secondaries till July" 's.

Do you mind sharing prompts for these schools? Or is it against the rule?

Marian and KCUMB just sent a primary received without secondaries so there are no prompts yet. You can find last year's prompts by searching the forum if you are planning on pre-writing your secondaries.

Marian and KCUMB just sent a primary received without secondaries so there are no prompts yet. You can find last year's prompts by searching the forum if you are planning on pre-writing your secondaries.

just curious, what about your LOR's and how would you recommend sending them out, directly through interfolio or via accomas?

I'm using interfolio, I believe it's a slow process, usually takes about a week for schools to verify LOR's.

Did anybody send the LORs to AACOMAS using interfolio?

also there are two options for sending letters directly to schools. I plan on sending letters directly to schools. what the difference between
Email/Electronic Delivery vs
Online Application Delivery