secondary anyone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm referring to essays letter and mcat

Members don't see this ad.

I mean the essays, everything else is all on AACOMAS and interfolio, I'm not sweating the wait

Only reason I mentioned is I know some people were waiting on MCAT verification and I was waiting on letters, but it looks like my letters were just ok'd so I'm cruisin :D

So I just emailed DMU and MU-COM about my application status. MU-COM said there was an issue with AACOMAS delivering info to them regarding my app and said it was just taken care of yesterday and sent me the secondary immediately... Still waiting on DMU. I'm hoping aacomas gets there sh** together cause I don't want to have to be constantly double checking everything they're supposed to be doing right the first time.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Only reason I mentioned is I know some people were waiting on MCAT verification and I was waiting on letters, but it looks like my letters were just ok'd so I'm cruisin :D

Still waiting on that God forsaken MCAT.

Reactions: 3 users
I was hoping all day for the LECOM secondary, I wanted to crank out alot of DO secondaries before July 1st when the floodgates will open for the AMCAS secondaries. I'm guessing I'll have a fun month in July

Ive been verified for a good ~23 days or so now and had my MCAT attached about ~10 days ago (I sent it in electronically like 1.5 months ago though just took forever to get attached). Ive only received 1 secondary....is this normal or should I begin to worry??

Ive been verified for a good ~23 days or so now and had my MCAT attached about ~10 days ago (I sent it in electronically like 1.5 months ago though just took forever to get attached). Ive only received 1 secondary....is this normal or should I begin to worry??

It really depends on which schools you applied to. A lot of the east coast DO schools (PCOM, UNECOM, NYITCOM, Rowan) haven't even started their process yet. We won't see secondaries from them until mid July.

UNE sent me an email saying they got my app.

Last edited:
So that DMU secondary was HEFTY.

I participated in some of those extra programs too so I had to write about those as well.

Reactions: 1 users
So that DMU secondary was HEFTY.

I participated in some of those extra programs too so I had to write about those as well.

u submitted? i'm a little scared to submit it even though i'm almost done cuz i want to make sure the secondary is perfect! cuz dmu is my top choice!

I looked at it like Nike, just do it and dont look back, even if there is a minor mistake, its not the end of the world

Reactions: 4 users

What do you mean when you say getting your "MCAT attached"? How do you go about getting it attached? I just filled out the standerdized test section on the AACOMAS app...Is this all that is needed or do I need to do more?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean when you say getting your "MCAT attached"? How do you go about getting it attached? I just filled out the standerdized test section on the AACOMAS app...Is this all that is needed or do I need to do more?
AACOMAS has to process your MCAT after you send it in and they attach it to your file. This is not an instant or overnight process. Even though I was verified and had my scores sent loooooong ago, it took foreverrrr for them to attach it to my file for schools to see. Make more sense?

u submitted? i'm a little scared to submit it even though i'm almost done cuz i want to make sure the secondary is perfect! cuz dmu is my top choice!

Yea but I spent a lot of time on it. So much pain in trying to cut down that last essay question to 500 words.:bang:

You have to have your MCAT scores sent to AACOMAS using AAMC's score reporting service.
https://services.aamc.org/30/ssoLog...tps://services.aamc.org/30/scoreReportingWeb/
It has been notorious for taking a long time to get processed by AACOMAS, which is what asdf123g is talking about.

Yea but I spent a lot of time on it. So much pain in trying to cut down that last essay question to 500 words.:bang:

ya me too that service essay was tough to edit! i also had like 715 words! lol somehow reduced it.

Seems to me like there is NO advantage to applying early this cycle...none of the schools seem to be ready.

You have to have your MCAT scores sent to AACOMAS using AAMC's score reporting service.
https://services.aamc.org/30/ssoLog...tps://services.aamc.org/30/scoreReportingWeb/
It has been notorious for taking a long time to get processed by AACOMAS, which is what asdf123g is talking about.

This might be a really dumb question but I looked at one of my applications on aacomas and there's an "official mcat score" and an "unofficial score" section. Does that mean its been sent and received from aamc?

I wasn't sure if there would be any kind of notification that the score was received.

As long as the official is there you're good

ACOM said they will be sending out secondaries these next two weeks.

Has anyone gotten secondaries from these locations?

ATSU-ACOM
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Bradenton Campus
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine–New York
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine–California
Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine
University of Pikeville–Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Northwest (Lebanon, Oregon Location)
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Northwest (Pamona, California Location)

Last edited:

ATSU-ACOM
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Northwest (Lebanon, Oregon Location)
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Northwest (Pamona, California Location)

I also applied to Nova, PCOM, and RVU. No secondaries from these schools yet on my end.

ATSU-ACOM
not me

Same here, you can add UNECOM to that list as well.

I pretty much called all the schools on my list (because I was worried something was wrong with my app) to ask if my application had been processed and then asked if they started sending out supplementals... Here's what I found out if it interests anyone. I called on Monday

Lecom-B - I'm in the system, will get today or tomorrow (This was on Monday so I'm surprised I haven't gotten it yet... but I'm guessing they'll be released soon).
Lecom-Pa - Couldn't reach anyone in admissions
Nova - Why I was calling in the first place. Nova's having some problems downloading and processing people's apps so I'm not even in there system yet. Spoke to a supervisor who told me to wait a few days and that it should be resolved by the end of this week and to call back if I haven't received a secondary by that time. He told me to hold off on sending in the supplemental (you can do it online without the e-mail invitation) and wait a few days until the situation gets resolved
PCOM - GA - left a message on the machine, I'm guessing similar to PCOM- PA
PCOM - PA - Woman I spoke to said at least 1, maybe 2 months until supplementals go out.
Touro cali - Received an e-mail on the 26th saying I had been processed and would get a supplemental probably in 10-14 days (Could be longer during "Peak processing" though)
Touro NV -Person I spoke with said we won't get supplementals until August
RVU - Left a message which was returned yesterday. The woman said it would be at least 1 week, maybe 2 until supplementals begin to go out
AZCOM - completed
WesternU - Left a message.

So yeah... that's where I'm at.

Reactions: 7 users
Now I'm in the same boat. Official MCAT is finally on my application, and I haven't heard anything from VCOM or any other school that I've applied to (PCOM-PA, NYITCOM) except for CCOM. The person I spoke to at AACOMAS said that schools may need to "refresh" or "re-download" applications, especially if you submitted with unofficial MCAT scores and your official ones were added later, and she suggested that I reach out to the schools to make sure they've received my official scores. In the interests of not going full-on neurotic pre-med, I only e-mailed CCOM about it since my official scores are the only things missing for my secondary application. If I find that schools really do need to "refresh/re-download" our apps, then I'll let everyone know so they can reach out to the schools they've applied to and make sure that the schools are getting their updated apps.

Update! So, CCOM e-mailed me back and said that they were still in the process of receiving scores from AACOMAS and that any changes in our applications (i.e., addition of official MCAT scores) should be reflected as soon as they are received from AACOMAS. Sooo... I'm guessing MCAT scores are being received in waves/being input into the system in waves? In other words, it's still too early to go full-on neurotic pre-med :laugh:

ATSU-ACOM
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine

Yes to bolded.

Just got an e-mail from admissions at CCOM! Everything, including my MCAT scores, are in. Good luck to everyone else with their MCAT situations!

"PCOM - PA - Woman I spoke to said at least 1, maybe 2 months until supplementals go out."

ARE YOU F#@$%$#@% KIDDING ME????

So me basically submitting my application before June was for nothing... Not that it would've made any difference in the stuff I entered, but I would have been a lot less stressed about this process if I knew all of this in hindsight -_-

Reactions: 2 users

ATSU-ACOM
Touro cali few days ago , there secondary is long as ****.

Here it is, so you can get a chance to start it early. Gonna be working on it here pretty soon....
Please draft responses to the questions/prompts below, then save and upload your responses as a single document for inclusion with your supplemental application.

Responses to the following should be limited to 250 words or less:

· Within the last seven years, do you have any academic or legal records available under a different name? If yes, please provide any additional names under which your academic records may be listed.

· Are you a re-applicant who has previously interviewed? If yes, what was the result of that interview and what changes, if any, have you made which should affect a different outcome?

· What is the size of your home town or area – 2,500 to 10,000, 10,000 to 50,000, 50,000 to 100,000, 100,000 to 500,000, 500,000 to 1,000,000+), or Other (please specify)?

· Do you have any relative who is an Osteopathic Physician? Please list their name, relationship to you, COM attended, and year of graduation.

· Please list your favorite hobbies and/or non-academic pursuits.

· Within the last three years, please provide the name of previous employers, your occupation(s), and the duration(s) of your employment.

· Within the last three years, have you been engaged in any volunteer experiences? Please include the type of experience, sponsor, duration, and position.

· Within the last five years, what awards or recognitions (academic or other) have you received?

· Why have you chosen to apply to the TUC College of Osteopathic Medicine?

· Why should the Committee accept you into this year’s class?

Responses to the following should be limited to 500 words or less:

· Please describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your success at becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities.

· Please describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine’s uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine.

Touro cali few days ago , there secondary is long as ****.

Here it is, so you can get a chance to start it early. Gonna be working on it here pretty soon....

Most schools use GPA and MCAT to weed out applicants, but here at Touro CA we use our brutal secondaries to pick up the slack!

So far no one has scored higher than a 22 Composite on our secondary Exa... Oh I mean Application!

did you get a complete email from dmu? how long did it take after submitting?

did you get a complete email from dmu? how long did it take after submitting?

I submitted last night, but I haven't gotten one yet.

What about you?

I submitted last night, but I haven't gotten one yet.

What about you?

me too I submitted last night and haven't gotten yet. just got email saying my payment was successful.

me too I submitted last night and haven't gotten yet. just got email saying my payment was successful.

We may be the same person

Most schools use GPA and MCAT to weed out applicants, but here at Touro CA we use our brutal secondaries to pick up the slack!

So far no one has scored higher than a 22 Composite on our secondary Exa... Oh I mean Application!
Not to mention the $100 secondary fee. I'm feeling the hurt lol

And now the AMCAS secondaries start. Let the games begin!

My primary hasn't been verified yet but I'm pre writing my secondaries and I have a question for you guys. How are you all approaching the questions dealing with qualities you bring to the school/Why should the school accept you. I know what qualities I have but I'm not sure how to put them in while staying humble. I feel like anything I write could be considered bragging. Should I give a specific examples of life experiences or extracurricular that developed each of the qualities?

Giving specific examples of life experiences/extracurricular activities that called upon you to develop those qualities or required you to use those qualities to be successful are excellent for secondaries, in my opinion. For example, anyone could say that they want to work with underserved individuals, but if they don't have any prior experience doing so, I question whether they know what they're getting themselves into or whether they could be successful actually working with these people. Also, avoiding outright statements like "I am smart because..." will help make it sound like you're not bragging. Instead, aim to tell a story that really exemplifies the qualities that you wish the medical schools to know you have. I hope that helps.

VCOM-VA secondary received today! I've been verified since 06/11, but my MCAT score was held up, I think and has only recently been released to schools.

Edit: Now I'm having trouble logging in? Is there any other AACOMAS ID other than the AACOMAS CAS ID? I have a 10-digit ID number and that's the only ID number I can find...

Last edited: