secondary from uc irvine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prznpremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a secondary from UC Irvine? I'm not really sure if it's a good sign or just an 'eh' sign. Do they really screen? Or just make sure you have the class requirements?

Members don't see this ad.

prznpremed said:
Has anyone received a secondary from UC Irvine? I'm not really sure if it's a good sign or just an 'eh' sign. Do they really screen? Or just make sure you have the class requirements?

Yep, they screen. I received mine on 7/21, but I sent my AMCAS on 6/5. No point in getting bent out of shape yet. Give it a couple more days.

DoctorNick83 said:
Yep, they screen. I received mine on 7/21, but I sent my AMCAS on 6/5. No point in getting bent out of shape yet. Give it a couple more days.

Thank you, I actually received mine on the 21st also. I guess I was just wondering how much of a good sign it is. I've heard to not get too excited about screened secondaries, what are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I read 1500 will get a secondary

prznpremed said:
Thank you, I actually received mine on the 21st also. I guess I was just wondering how much of a good sign it is. I've heard to not get too excited about screened secondaries, what are your thoughts?

I just got mine. Getting a screened secondary is better than not getting it.

OneDayDoc said:
I just got mine. Getting a screened secondary is better than not getting it.

Via email or did you just check the status page?

agggghhhhh i want mine!

It's my understanding that in between 1/3 and 1/2 of applicants will receive secondaries.