• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

secondary from uc irvine?

prznpremed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
  1. Medical Student
    Has anyone received a secondary from UC Irvine? I'm not really sure if it's a good sign or just an 'eh' sign. Do they really screen? Or just make sure you have the class requirements?

ClockworkDoc

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    May 9, 2005
    East Coast
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      prznpremed said:
      Has anyone received a secondary from UC Irvine? I'm not really sure if it's a good sign or just an 'eh' sign. Do they really screen? Or just make sure you have the class requirements?

Yep, they screen. I received mine on 7/21, but I sent my AMCAS on 6/5. No point in getting bent out of shape yet. Give it a couple more days.

prznpremed

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jul 5, 2006
      1. Medical Student
        DoctorNick83 said:
        Yep, they screen. I received mine on 7/21, but I sent my AMCAS on 6/5. No point in getting bent out of shape yet. Give it a couple more days.

Thank you, I actually received mine on the 21st also. I guess I was just wondering how much of a good sign it is. I've heard to not get too excited about screened secondaries, what are your thoughts?

About the Ads

OneDayDoc

10+ Year Member
        Jun 22, 2006
        1. Pre-Medical
          prznpremed said:
          Thank you, I actually received mine on the 21st also. I guess I was just wondering how much of a good sign it is. I've heard to not get too excited about screened secondaries, what are your thoughts?

I just got mine. Getting a screened secondary is better than not getting it.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.