Secret Way to know NBDE-1 results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistfrommoscow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I passed my NBDE-1 w the 1st attempt. I spent not less than a year to prepare for it.
I just figured out the secret way how to know if you PASSed or FAILed your NBDE I in just 10 days after results!
Thank you for one of my friends for sharing it.
Tip: this method doesn't work for NBDE-2.

Here it is:
1. After you take your nbde-1, try to check the status of results on DENTPIN website. It usually appears on 10th day or so.
2. Go to Exam Results for it.
Once it's said POSTED in a box, go and register for NBDE-2.
3. While registering for the second part exam, proceed up to Payment page.
IF THE PAYMENT page IS SHOWED UP, that technically means the website "let you register" and YOU PASSED YOUR NBDE-1.

I attached the 2 pages from my phone for you.
One is Results status page.
Another is Payment page.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 987
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 876
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I passed my NBDE-1 w the 1st attempt. I spent not less than a year to prepare for it.
I just figured out the secret way how to know if you PASSed or FAILed your NBDE I in just 10 days after results!

Here it is:
1. After you take your nbde-1, try to check the status of results on DENTPIN website. It usually appears on 10th day or so.
IF THE PAYMENT page IS SHOWED UP, that technically means the website "let you register" and YOU PASSED YOUR NBDE-1.

Another is Payment page.
nice! Wish I knew about this.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Here it is:

Another is Payment page.

Any idea if this is true? I couldn't sign up for nbde part 2, but my status changed to posted recently and now I can sign up?

Here it is:

Another is Payment page.

Anyone verify this?
I have been checking and It says I am not illegible to register for part 2 untill yesterday (11 days after my exam) I was able to proceed to payment page, I am still waiting for the actual result though, I am scared, but hopefully I passed.

Here it is:

Another is Payment page.

Here it is:

Another is Payment page.[/QUOT

Is it true?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am waiting for my results.
Hello everyone one. Can anyone verify this please. I took part 1 5 weeks ago and still no results yet. I was able to register for part 2 until my part 1 said closed; but my registration says unassigned, i called to ask why? they told me i have to wait for my results. I'm little desperate i don't know if i should start studying for part 2 or study again for part 1. Please some insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello everyone one. Can anyone verify this please. I took part 1 5 weeks ago and still no results yet. I was able to register for part 2 until my part 1 said closed; but my registration says unassigned, i called to ask why? they told me i have to wait for my results. I'm little desperate i don't know if i should start studying for part 2 or study again for part 1. Please some insight would be appreciated. Thanks
Was it pretty hard?

I have been checking and It says I am not illegible to register for part 2 untill yesterday (11 days after my exam) I was able to proceed to payment page, I am still waiting for the actual result though, I am scared, but hopefully I passed.

Hello. I was wondering if you passed part 1 and how long did it take you get your results on the mail. Thanks

Any idea if this is true? I couldn't sign up for nbde part 2, but my status changed to posted recently and now I can sign up?
I took part 1 5 weeks ago and still no results yet. I was able to register for part 2 until my part 1 said closed; but my registration says unassigned, i called to ask why? they told me i have to wait for my results. I'm little desperate i don't know if ishould start studying for part 2 or study again for part 1. Please some insight would be appreciated. Thanks

I took part 1 5 weeks ago and still no results yet. I was able to register for part 2 until my part 1 said closed; but my registration says unassigned, i called to ask why? they told me i have to wait for my results. I'm little desperate i don't know if ishould start studying for part 2 or study again for part 1. Please some insight would be appreciated. Thanks
How long did you study for and what did you use?

Is anyone waiting on their part 1 results ? I read on the ADA website that after Nov 30th results will no longer be mailed and will be made available online. I took my exam on 17th Nov so still waiting on the result. This excerpt below is from the ADA website.

"The system for requesting National Board results will be down from November 28-30. After November 30th, National Board results will be made available electronically and will no longer be sent by mail."

Reactions: 1 user
Just a heads up this doesn't work anymore since the results are not mailed, but posted online. They withhold the results and post scores in batches.

Hi! I took the NBDE part 1 exam on Dec 15 and my result was available online approximately 3 weeks after the exam.

Hi! I took the NBDE part 1 exam on Dec 15 and my result was available online approximately 3 weeks after the exam.
Mine was available 10 days after. It just depends on the time you take it and the batch they grade.

For me, the results were up 15 days after.
Hi Sophie, I have aquestion for since you recently took the exam. Before your results appreared could you see anything under the 'Date Tested' section? I have given my exam 12 days ago and the date tested section is still blank. I have included the picture below. I was wondering if that is normal or if I needed to contact the JCNDE in case there's something wrong. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

upload_2017-6-22_20-29-43.png

Hi Sophie, I have aquestion for since you recently took the exam. Before your results appreared could you see anything under the 'Date Tested' section? I have given my exam 12 days ago and the date tested section is still blank. I have included the picture below. I was wondering if that is normal or if I needed to contact the JCNDE in case there's something wrong. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 220559
That's normal. Don't worry about it.

I took my exam close to 2 weeks ago... still no changes on my results page on Dentpin, and I'm not even sure if they send snail mail results anymore? I'm just curious, when should I expect the grade by? Post-exam anxiousness is frustrating haha.

--- UPDATE:
Took about 2 weeks but I've successfully passed. Happy to be done with 1 part. :)

Last edited:
Mine took 4 weeks to get the results. I was checking everyday after the second week and was getting daily panic attacks until my results popped up. Not sure why they make you wait so long. haha.