Program-Specific Info / Q's Seeking from Barry University who can give me their opinions on it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone my interview is on Monday April 4th can someone please give me an idea what the writing portion is going to be?
The writing sample is just that. Its a chance for them to see how you think logically and if you are capable of writing in complete sentences and such. I do not know if everyone had the same sample. Just have "FAITH" that God will see you through. Everything will work out for all of us in the end. Be blessed and my prayers are with you.

Members don't see this ad.

The writing sample is just that. Its a chance for them to see how you think logically and if you are capable of writing in complete sentences and such. I do not know if everyone had the same sample. Just have "FAITH" that God will see you through. Everything will work out for all of us in the end. Be blessed and my prayers are with you.
Thanks a lot God bless you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think that they read our statements and materials prior to our interviews?

I am still waiting for an interview. Hopefully I am able to get in this year. Feeling super anxious.

Does anyone know when will be their last pool for interviews.

I just called them and yeah, only 2 weeks left. They became competive once the otcas was introduce this year.

Next Monday, or the Monday after
I know they read them. They probably read them before our interviews. I think that along with your interview will be the determination of entrance. I'm ready to go and help people.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

I will be a part of Barry's OT class starting this fall! I had my interview March 3rd and was emailed of provisional acceptance ( I have to take Kinesiology this summer) on March 7th. If you guys have any questions and I can help I def will. I'm so excited to start school and coming from Chicago Miami will be a real nice change from this bipolar weather we have here. lol Oh, and anyone looking for a roommate hit me up! lol

Hi!

I will be a part of Barry's OT class starting this fall! I had my interview March 3rd and was emailed of provisional acceptance ( I have to take Kinesiology this summer) on March 7th. If you guys have any questions and I can help I def will. I'm so excited to start school and coming from Chicago Miami will be a real nice change from this bipolar weather we have here. lol Oh, and anyone looking for a roommate hit me up! lol
What were your stats? I wonder why it takes so long to hear back from them? I interviewed in February.

What were your stats? I wonder why it takes so long to hear back from them? I interviewed in February.

Sure my gpa is a 3.4 I graduate in May. My overall GRE score was a 293 (I think) lol and as far as my observation hours I had 40 but I did them in 5 different settings (which they seemed to like in the interview). I think that they are kind of sporadic as far as giving acceptance or not. Some people know the next day others might know in a month or so. idk! It might have something to do with whether you applied thru otcas or directly to Barry maybe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I just got accepted in the program for Fall 2016. I didn't get a formal email but I found out by checking mybarry.edu account. I interviewed March 23 and I was accepted yesterday.
Stats
Gpa: 3.47
Gre : 295
Volunteer hours. 45 at a nursing home

I know that Barry likes students who are experienced in health care, they seemed to like the fact that I have been a certified athletic trainer for the past 4 years. The interview was very casual, but there was a purpose. There were only two questions and a written component. The two questions were something along the lines of tell me why I should pick you and how to deal with stress. This is an opportunity to really sell yourself. You need to sell yourself and provide specific examples to prove all your points. They want to see that you are mature, confident, and most importantly , understand the skills needed to be a good occupational therapist. The questions portion is a way to highlight your interest in the program, show them that you have at least done some research. I'm a mature student and I understand how stressful this process can me, feel free to message me if you need help with anything else.

Reactions: 1 users
You should probably just call them to find out the status of your application. They will either tell you it's under review by the committee, or
They will tell you to look out for an email ( that's what they told me). Lisa is very nice and she took my name and looked up my status online, but she is not technically allowed to tell you if you are accepted or not over the phone. Best of luck

Hey I just got accepted in the program for Fall 2016. I didn't get a formal email but I found out by checking mybarry.edu account. I interviewed March 23 and I was accepted yesterday.
Stats
Gpa: 3.47
Gre : 295
Volunteer hours. 45 at a nursing home

I know that Barry likes students who are experienced in health care, they seemed to like the fact that I have been a certified athletic trainer for the past 4 years. The interview was very casual, but there was a purpose. There were only two questions and a written component. The two questions were something along the lines of tell me why I should pick you and how to deal with stress. This is an opportunity to really sell yourself. You need to sell yourself and provide specific examples to prove all your points. They want to see that you are mature, confident, and most importantly , understand the skills needed to be a good occupational therapist. The questions portion is a way to highlight your interest in the program, show them that you have at least done some research. I'm a mature student and I understand how stressful this process can me, feel free to message me if you need help with anything else.
Thank you for your feedback.

Does any one know if there is a Facebook group for accepted students?

Hey friends!

If anyone has already taken kinesiology could you tell me what its like and if its a pretty heavy course? Im trying to decide if I should take both kinesio & the online course from the fall curriculum that they're offering us to take in the summer.... or just kinesio. Thanks!!

Does any one know if there is a Facebook group for accepted students?
I believe there is but it doesn't seem like its a super active page. Try typing in barry university OT class of ____ and something should come up

Has anyone been accepted who doesn't need to take kinesiology? If so, how long was your wait to hear back?

Hi I know this has been asked before but who is taking kinesiology this summer ?

I am... Do you know when and how to register for it?

I am... Do you know when and how to register for it?
You should have gotten an email with the registration packet for the class that you had to mail back to them. It started this past Saturday.

Hey guys!!
Just wanted to know who all is attending Barry University in the Fall! I'm from Pennsylvania and will be moving down to the south Florida area in the beginning of July and am hoping to meet some people since I know absolutely nobody down there.
Congrats to everyone who got in by the way!
I'm so excited!

My interview was on the 25th of February. I came in dressed professionally and ready to handle business. Suit and tie and well spoken. I actually did well on the writing assessment. They seemed to like my answers, but like everyone else, I'm nervous.
I interviewed on the 25th as well, I think I remember talking to you!!! I found out I got in about a week and a half later but I also had all my prerequisites done when I sent in my application. Hopefully you heard back by now!

Hey guys!!
Just wanted to know who all is attending Barry University in the Fall! I'm from Pennsylvania and will be moving down to the south Florida area in the beginning of July and am hoping to meet some people since I know absolutely nobody down there.
Congrats to everyone who got in by the way!
I'm so excited!

I'm in the same boat as you and know no one from there! I'm from West Virginia and trying to figure out whether to live in Miami or somewhere a little more quiet lol.

hi! Has anyone applied to Barry university’s occupational therapy program for fall2018?

How long did it take to get a call for your interviews after your OTCAS was verified?

How long did it take to get a call for your interviews after your OTCAS was verified?

I’m not sure but I applied early and didn’t get a call until end of January beginning is February don’t really remember ! I haven’t heard anything back yet. Wondering if they are accepting students yet

Hi guys, I just had my interview today and they told me they would be calling within the next two weeks because they are getting closer to summer registration deadline. Has anyone been accepted into the program?

I’m not sure but I applied early and didn’t get a call until end of January beginning is February don’t really remember ! I haven’t heard anything back yet. Wondering if they are accepting students yet
Have you heard anything from them?

Has anyone been accepted? My interview was March 22, I haven’t heard back.

Has anyone been accepted? My interview was March 22, I haven’t heard back.
Hi! I applied beginning of February and interviewed this past Monday. Any one heard back from Barry yet? What is everyone's prerequisite scores?

Mine are :
Undergraduate GPA: 3.45
Prerequisite GPA: 4.0
GRE: 308 and 4.5 writing
Observation hours : 120
Still need to take kinesiology

Hi guys, I just had my interview today and they told me they would be calling within the next two weeks because they are getting closer to summer registration deadline. Has anyone been accepted into the program?

I was accepted, have you heard anything?

For anyone who's going to Barry Fall 2018 there's a facebook group called BARRY UNIVERSITY MOT FALL 2018

Hey, a new Facebook group was created today for anyone who is in the Barry University 2020 cohort! The name is called Barry University MSOT Class of 2020. There was a group made already but the girl that made it is no longer going to Barry so people are stuck in pending, since she no longer runs the page and so a new group was created.