Semester long MD/PhD internships for Pre-med students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fdsa2495

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I will be completing all my requirements for my B.S. in biology a semester early and I was wondering if anyone knows of any abroad (or U.S.) MD/PhD internships for Pre-med. I do have 3 years of research experience in computational biology but I am looking for more of a clinical research experience before I apply to MD/PhD programs next year. I have checked numerous websites and study abroad internships but none seem to be what I am looking for. I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas or reliable websites that might help me find pre-MD/PhD programs for Spring 2017. Thank you!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean something like a research program abroad for a summer? I know there are some in Germany.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mean something like a research program abroad for a summer? I know there are some in Germany.
Well not lab or computational research as I already have 3 years of that at my current undergraduate research university. I am looking for research oppurtunities in a clinical setting to gain some experience that I can relate to for MD/PhD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well not lab or computational research as I already have 3 years of that at my current undergraduate research university. I am looking for research oppurtunities in a clinical setting to gain some experience that I can relate to for MD/PhD.

That sounds interesting but honestly I don't think you'll find anything like that unless you sign up to be a research tech in a physician scientist who runs his lab out of a major academic hospital.

That sounds interesting but honestly I don't think you'll find anything like that unless you sign up to be a research tech in a physician scientist who runs his lab out of a major academic hospital.

Yeah I'm assuming I wouldn't have much luck with that, hence I am asking on these forums if anyone has ever encountered such a program. But what Germany research programs did you have in mind?

Yeah I'm assuming I wouldn't have much luck with that, hence I am asking on these forums if anyone has ever encountered such a program. But what Germany research programs did you have in mind?

I was thinking something at the DKFZ or one of the Planck Institutes - but I don't know any of the details, just that I know some friends who've done it.