Semester long MD/PhD internships for Pre-med students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fdsa2495

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I will be completing all my requirements for my B.S. in biology a semester early and I was wondering if anyone knows of any abroad (or U.S.) MD/PhD internships for Pre-med. I do have 3 years of research experience in computational biology but I am looking for more of a clinical research experience before I apply to MD/PhD programs next year. I have checked numerous websites and study abroad internships but none seem to be what I am looking for. I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas or reliable websites that might help me find pre-MD/PhD programs for Spring 2017. Thank you!🙂
 
Do you mean something like a research program abroad for a summer? I know there are some in Germany.
Well not lab or computational research as I already have 3 years of that at my current undergraduate research university. I am looking for research oppurtunities in a clinical setting to gain some experience that I can relate to for MD/PhD.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well not lab or computational research as I already have 3 years of that at my current undergraduate research university. I am looking for research oppurtunities in a clinical setting to gain some experience that I can relate to for MD/PhD.

That sounds interesting but honestly I don't think you'll find anything like that unless you sign up to be a research tech in a physician scientist who runs his lab out of a major academic hospital.
 
That sounds interesting but honestly I don't think you'll find anything like that unless you sign up to be a research tech in a physician scientist who runs his lab out of a major academic hospital.

Yeah I'm assuming I wouldn't have much luck with that, hence I am asking on these forums if anyone has ever encountered such a program. But what Germany research programs did you have in mind?
 
Yeah I'm assuming I wouldn't have much luck with that, hence I am asking on these forums if anyone has ever encountered such a program. But what Germany research programs did you have in mind?

I was thinking something at the DKFZ or one of the Planck Institutes - but I don't know any of the details, just that I know some friends who've done it.