SFMATCh- College Grades (mine Suck)

Started by ndspider
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ndspider said:
I got a 36 on my mcats.. a 3.0 GPA. and a 236 on my Step 1. Is the college grades gonig to screw anything up?
.P

Nope.

I had a similar situation, and matched where I wanted.

One guy at a school I didn't even like gave me **** about my college grades (1st semester of freshman year UNDERGRAD). I regret not telling him to shove it.


So if on the interview trail, someone gives you crap about your undergrad, tell the person to shove it. Do it for me.
 
I seriously doubt the majority if not most program directors/interviewers ever bother to look at undergrad grades. I had pretty good ones and doubt they helped me at all.