Shadowing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hockeyfan23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to keep adding posts, but I was wondering if any of you could recommend a podiatric surgeon in the chicagoland area. I am pursuing this as a possible career and would like to shadow somebody to see if its for me. Any suggestions/contacts? Thank you for your patience.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to keep adding posts, but I was wondering if any of you could recommend a podiatric surgeon in the chicagoland area. I am pursuing this as a possible career and would like to shadow somebody to see if its for me. Any suggestions/contacts? Thank you for your patience.

You may want to contact the Weil Foot and Ankle offices. Dr. Lowell Weil Sr. has one of the most successful practices in the nation, and he is a world known DPM who has advanced our profession significantly. His son Lowell Weil, Jr. is also well respected. I'm sure they would be willing to have a potential student shadow. It's a very large up to date practice with many docs and locations.

When I was looking for podiatrists to shadow, I typed "podiatrists and my zip code" into google and called up the offices. I called like 6 or 7 places and 2 podiatrists got back to me. Try to shadow as many podiatrists as you can to get a better feel of the profession.

The "today's podiatrist" website can hook you up with a pod in your area. Pretty sure there is a mentor section at the application website too.

Although the zip code and DPM search idea above is the easiest.