Sharing my happiness - I became an Attending Anesthesiologist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAmir0078

"Thank You"
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all SDN Anesthesiologists,

I hope you are doing well, it has been a journey over here first, I had learned a lot from you all. I can say finally, that I passed the written final Board exams last week (mentioned before), and today I passed the Clinical Viva OSCE exam. I scored top 7th out of 40 (38 passed the written and 2 with 3rd attempt - Clinical exam only).

I don't know what to say, It has been 4 years of residency in Baghdad in 3 teaching centers, and with lots of challenges regardless of limited resources, but eventually I made it to be an Iraqi Board Anesthesiologist.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks for the knowledge I acquired here.

The Clinical exam were 6 stations : Pediatric (Pyloric Stenosis), Regional (Supraclavicular block demonstration and discussion), ICU (ARDS), Cardiovascular (Pacemaker considerations), Obstetric (Placenta Previa), Emergency (Anaphylaxis).

I am writing to you, while I am in my way home to Kut province south of Baghdad, it has been 25 days away from my family, my wife and my twin boys, and we will celebrate their 1 year old birthday on November 1st.

Again, I am so thankful. I will be back again here, as Attending physician with my cases from Iraq, and speaking out our challenges in such limited resources. This forum is my avenue to vent out, learn and grow.

Love and Peace

Dr. Amir Fadhel
M. B. Ch. B / F. I. C. M. S
Fellow Iraqi Council of Medical Specialities / Anesthesia and Intensive Care.
Picsart_22-10-19_15-39-12-090.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 41 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Those initials are reminiscent of a nurse midlevels initials.NO offense

Nicely done - congrats! It's always exciting to hear about experiences in other countries. Your journey is an inspiration.

Reactions: 1 user
don't underestimate your own contributions to this forum, the dose of honesty and humility you give is one of the more meaningful aspects I find here. Congratulations to you and your family

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
don't underestimate your own contributions to this forum, the dose of honesty and humility you give is one of the more meaningful aspects I find here. Congratulations to you and your family
Thanks a lot. It means a lot to me. My respect.

Great news! Well deserved. You've overcome a lot of obstacles. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Others - this is not the thread to gripe about initials or nurses or your other insecurities.

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats, Amir. As many others here will tell you, the day you become an attending is actually when the real learning begins.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations ! You have been an inspiration and continue to achieve excellence. Wishing you the best moving forward.

Great news! Well deserved. You've overcome a lot of obstacles. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Others - this is not the thread to gripe about initials or nurses or your other insecurities.
What are you a dick-tator? It's a free country man. Apropos comment considering where my man is from.

Congratulations Dr. Amir!

Thanks Dr. Pgg
You were one of the first here to welcome me in this family in my early steps. I am so thankful.

So happy for you! Congratulations and best wishes- your patients are very fortunate to have you as their anesthesiologist

Congratulations! I can't imagine being away from young twins and your wife for that long and passing your boards with what sounds like flying colors.

Kudos!
My twin boys Elia and Bariq played hard with me yesterday once they saw me. I brought them the fruit of my hard work and I said it before leaving our house "I will bring the title". Thank you so much. Sharing these pictures for you friends.
IMG_20221020_191145_355.jpg
IMG_20221020_191233_244.jpg

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Thank so much Dr FFP

With all my respect to @OptionOffense, he is reminding me of my first years in the US, when someone intellectual asks me about if I am Shia or Sunni, and the problem with this sectarian question belongs to the depth of understanding the gap between both major sects of Islam, beside some intellectuals would bias it. If a Sunni person told you about how brutal Shia people are, and at the same time a Shia person will tell you the same. So, building up knowledge and getting preoccupied.
Like in Africa tribes, Tutsi vs Hutu tribes (honestly, it came across my mind and had to use Google for correct names) in Rwanda, they both had bloody civil war, and many other examples to more intellectual war between parties like Democrats vs Republicans. So, I myself after my thoughts evolved, will never answer this tricky question without knowing how far the other person knowledge and if he is biased or not to either sects.

Peace and Love