Sheep/Goat Fetal Development Charts

Started by Finnsheep
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Finnsheep

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really want to find a sheep or goat fetal development chart that I could buy, or references so that I can find images to draw my own pictures to create my own. I have only been able to find very general 3-stage charts or text charts with no images.

I cannot understand why there seems to be none available. I am fascinated with small ruminant repro and would really like to have something like this for my own interest (trying to do a project on embryonic mortality and placental development in regards to nutrition of the ewe before and during gestation).

Thanks for any help!
 
See, I found the exact same chart on a different site. That appears to be all that's available.

I could draw them from the descriptions, but I would rather have pictures to go by- more than just days 30, 60, and 90 so I have a better chance at being accurate.

This is a personal interest project- it has nothing to do with classes.

Thank you for looking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only thing I could think of otherwise would be to find ultrasound pics of different times.

But remember, if there are pictures avaliable - someone had to be the first to draw them at some point in time 😉 better be someone passionate about it... 🙂
 
Thanks for all your help!

Wolfspeaker, I actually found that site too when looking...but checking back it has the best images I have been able to find so far. Perhaps this and ultrasound images will get me at least well-started.

Look at the last slide on this site. It's hilarious...it looks like the kids leap from the doe's abdomen super quickly.

Good point, sunshinevet.

Thanks all. 🙂