Should I Continue Applying? 0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZiggyZigZa

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

I am currently applying this cycle to DO schools. However, I was planning on taking my MCAT again in January (missed the last 2016 MCAT date... long story). Should I...

A) just report my current score (currently my app says that I am planning on taking MCAT exam in the future).
B) retake my MCAT in January and hope schools interview me
C) drop out this cycle and apply next year

A little bit about myself:

Undergrad GPA: 3.1
MPH GPA: 3.8
MCAT: 499
Extracurriculars:
- Over 500+ hours volunteering in the hospital
- Worked as a medical scribe
- Went on medical mission trip
- Research: 4 years with 5 publications and 2 presentations and 2 Fellowships
- Interned at community based organization
- Held leadership position for two years (board member and then president) on student-run community service club
- Held leadership position at hospital internship for 3 years
- Worked part-time in undergrad (retail)
- Shadowed DO Doctor (got letter from the doctor)

Because my application isn't "complete" cus I haven't sent in a new score, it's not being reviewed yet. So no interview invites. I feel like I have some strong extracurriculars and strong letters of rec.

What do y'all suggest?

Thank you!
 
Last edited: