• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
Oct 18, 2016
Hi all!

I am currently applying this cycle to DO schools. However, I was planning on taking my MCAT again in January (missed the last 2016 MCAT date... long story). Should I...

A) just report my current score (currently my app says that I am planning on taking MCAT exam in the future).
B) retake my MCAT in January and hope schools interview me
C) drop out this cycle and apply next year

A little bit about myself:

Undergrad GPA: 3.1
MPH GPA: 3.8
MCAT: 499
Extracurriculars:
- Over 500+ hours volunteering in the hospital
- Worked as a medical scribe
- Went on medical mission trip
- Research: 4 years with 5 publications and 2 presentations and 2 Fellowships
- Interned at community based organization
- Held leadership position for two years (board member and then president) on student-run community service club
- Held leadership position at hospital internship for 3 years
- Worked part-time in undergrad (retail)
- Shadowed DO Doctor (got letter from the doctor)

Because my application isn't "complete" cus I haven't sent in a new score, it's not being reviewed yet. So no interview invites. I feel like I have some strong extracurriculars and strong letters of rec.

What do y'all suggest?

Thank you!

Last edited:
About the Ads