Should I continue taking community college post bacc classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeezNutzonUrChin

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been trying to improve my undergrad gpa and bump it up,

But from the recent string of A's im getting in biology courses at community college, they are all factoring into my postbacc GPA not my undergrad GPA. so my undergrad gpa stays the same and post bacc says 4.0

I feel like most schools look at undergrad cGPA and sGPA, and wont factor in the post bacc on their own.

Is spending my time doing this even worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless I'm mistaken your post-bacc classes still get factored into your cumulative GPA. There are quite a few ways your GPA is calculated but the main one's looked at are cGPA and sGPA which will include your post-bacc classes.

Your undergrad GPA will likely be looked at but the cGPA and sGPA are most important.

Reactions: 1 users
Ive been trying to improve my undergrad gpa and bump it up,

But from the recent string of A's im getting in biology courses at community college, they are all factoring into my postbacc GPA not my undergrad GPA. so my undergrad gpa stays the same and post bacc says 4.0

I feel like most schools look at undergrad cGPA and sGPA, and wont factor in the post bacc on their own.

Is spending my time doing this even worth it?

You postbac classes (assuming you aren't doing a master's at a CC:)) will count toward your ugpa and you'd be eligible for grade replacement with retakes. Postbac is not grad school but just more of the same level of classes. Most if not all DO programs will be ok with CC courses, but you will need to make A's and do well on the MCAT to show to them that you didn't try to take the easy way out. If you bomb the MCAT then you make suspect the quality of your education with CC more than it would at a university.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Post bacc is factored into your overall gpa, it's graduate programs that don't get factored in (I'm a non trad and just did 2 years of post bacc work). I did 1 year of gen sciences at a cc, and then 1 year taking as many upper division biology courses at a 4 year university as I possibly could because let's face it, community college courses are way easy. The cc classes even came up at one of my interviews (they asked if my grades at cc were better because it was taken at a cc). SO GLAD I did a really hefty year of upper div bio courses at a 4 year.