This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mdbamu

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am in a senior in George Mason, and until a couple month ago I decided that I wanted to become a psychiatrist. I am a psych major with a 3.4 GPA and I haven't taken any of the chemistry premed requirements yet. I have two options, either declare a minor in chemistry which will fulfill all the premed requirements and will graduate in the Fall 2020, or graduate this Fall 2019 and then apply to a career changer post baccalaureate program. I'm a Virginia resident and have been looking at the programs in the area, and the GW program looks like a good option (If I get accepted) because they have linkages with some medical schools including their own school of medicine, only if I have a 3.6 GPA by the time I apply. Also the cost is around $40k.
The only thing that worries my about minoring in chemistry is the fact that the chemistry department in my school has a very bad reputation, so I'm scared that it might hurt my GPA even more than how it is now, which will make me an even less competitive candidate.
*Some things about me*
I'm 23 years old, I came to the US in 2014, and took ESL classes the first semesters at a community college. I'm hispanic. Fluent in spanish. Work as a ABA therapist.

Members don't see this ad.