Should I drop a class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted572522

I am currently taking a rigorous honors philosophy course with a very rigorous professor. The entire course is made up of three test grades and that is it. I recently took a test and feel as if I performed badly on it because of the time constraint. Thus, I wish to drop it. At my university, when you drop a course you are assigned one of two grades. You are assigned either a WP(Passing at the time of drop) or a WF(Failing at the time of drop). I spoke with my professor and he assured me that he would give me a WP no matter my grade on the test. Thus, I was wondering how bad would it look to medical schools if I drop one course throughout my college career. Also, would it be better if I retook the same philosophy course except regular instead of honors and made an A in it. I know I can make an A in the regular class because it is much easier. Would medical schools then overlook the previous drop of the honors class? Any feedback appreciated from personal experiences or experiences of a friend?

Members don't see this ad.

Calm down. It's just one W. It will not have any effect on your acceptance chances whatsoever. That being said you shouldn't create two identical threads.

Wait, are you thinking of dropping the course without even knowing what you got on your exam?