Should I drop this class? advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rootz90

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. I am recent CC transfer and this semester is my 2nd semester at the university. I did all myprereqs there and got a 4.0. My 1st semester at uni i got a 4.0 with 2 upper level science classes (biochem and neuroscience) and 2 other electives. This semester Im taking genetics, animal behavior(upper level), a lab and 2 electives. I am doing very well in all my classes except genetics ( I barely pulled out a B+ with the curve, class average was a round a C+). I am upset because there are many kids in my classes who are juggling harder schedule than me and got a better grade than me. I have also NOT been doing well in my quizzes(5 total ,10% of final grade) I bombed the first two. The good thing is that my teacher does a curve at the end in which 20% of the class get A's 10 % B+, 20% B, and the list of C+ and C go on and on and on.. So this in this first test a 73 was a B and 82 was a B+,( I got an 82).

I believe I can pull off at LEAST a C+ or better. I mean one C or C+ will drop my gpa pretty good since this is my only 2nd semester at Uni and I understand that everything will get calculated by AADSAS.

What do you say? this class is a requirement for my degree and there is another teacher teaching it next semester. I should stick with it yeah?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ok. I am recent CC transfer and this semester is my 2nd semester at the university. I did all myprereqs there and got a 4.0. My 1st semester at uni i got a 4.0 with 2 upper level science classes (biochem and neuroscience) and 2 other electives. This semester Im taking genetics, animal behavior(upper level), a lab and 2 electives. I am doing very well in all my classes except genetics ( I barely pulled out a B+ with the curve, class average was a round a C+). I am upset because there are many kids in my classes who are juggling harder schedule than me and got a better grade than me. I have also NOT been doing well in my quizzes(5 total ,10% of final grade) I bombed the first two. The good thing is that my teacher does a curve at the end in which 20% of the class get A's 10 % B+, 20% B, and the list of C+ and C go on and on and on.. So this in this first test a 73 was a B and 82 was a B+,( I got an 82).

I believe I can pull off at LEAST a C+ or better. I mean one C or C+ will drop my gpa pretty good since this is my only 2nd semester at Uni and I understand that everything will get calculated by AADSAS.

What do you say? this class is a requirement for my degree and there is another teacher teaching it next semester. I should stick with it yeah?

thanks

If you can drop this class without a W, I suggest dropping it.

Really, it doesn't matter if other people are doing better with a harder workload. Good for them, but medical schools really don't care about that. They just want the grade.

5 classes is an awful lot. Just take it again next semester, when you (hopefully) won't have to take as many units. Your sole focus each semester is "can I get a good grade in each class?", NOT "do I have the hardest workload out of all my peers?"

If you can drop this class without a W, I suggest dropping it.

Really, it doesn't matter if other people are doing better with a harder workload. Good for them, but medical schools really don't care about that. They just want the grade.

5 classes is an awful lot. Just take it again next semester, when you (hopefully) won't have to take as many units. Your sole focus each semester is "can I get a good grade in each class?", NOT "do I have the hardest workload out of all my peers?"

I must take a W to drop the class and this will be my 2nd one. (first one was a an elective).

I must take a W to drop the class and this will be my 2nd one. (first one was a an elective).

2 W's won't kill you. Since you will get a W, the question is: would you rather have 2 W's on your transcript or whatever grade you predict you will get in that class?

Keep in mind that you are using up time that could be spent on your other classes as well as EC's on this class. So is it really worth it? Again, two W's aren't going to kill you.