Should I push back my MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

If you haven't started reviewing, you're effectively giving yourself a month to study for the MCAT. Why didn't you start earlier? Do you want to sabotage yourself by having an entirely good application but a garbo MCAT?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll be fine pushing it back to June. DO application process is longer. I would have everything finished by mid-end August, including submitted secondaries.
 
I literally was just in this situation. I decided to push it back so I didn't have to study for the MCAT during finals. I feel really good about the situation. It is mostly up to you though, if you just started preparing them I would push it to June. Put in the time and get a 505+ and you will be competative at all DO schools
 
You should start your applications when the cycle opens and it will take a month to get transcripts in, things verified, rec letters, etc. Your application would be complete in ~June but waiting on MCAT and you'd have potentially secondaries coming in. If you took the MCAT in mid-June it would be released ~mid-July. That would be early in the cycle still and you update your application and it notifies schools of your MCAT. It's a risk doing it that way, because if you bomb the MCAT you really won't have time to retake as schools you applied to may eliminate you, but with 4 months of studying just DON'T.

Best of Luck