Should I retake 511 (126, 128, 128, 129)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athleticdoc1999

Reaction score
Background: Asian/White ORM, GPA should be 3.78 when I graduate (3.75 right now), D1 athlete, don’t wanna post too much ab other parts of the app.

Studying background: did it last summer while working full time, also stopped for 2 weeks because of tonsil surgery. Was getting 514 on my last two tests (higher CARS and P/S usually).

Heart isn’t set on T20. But I really want to give myself the best shot I can. My advisor says adding another gap year can’t hurt and I’d have the full summer with no obligations to study. I get some people will just say NO just keep it, but I am ORM and wouldn’t want to have to retake it if I got in NOWHERE this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

This isn't nearly enough information, as it's going to be difficult to really gauge your chances as an applicant when you provide nothing more than GPA/MCAT.. However, I believe the average MCAT for an Asian male applicant is around 514, so do with that information what you will.

This isn't nearly enough information, as it's going to be difficult to really gauge your chances as an applicant when you provide nothing more than GPA/MCAT.. However, I believe the average MCAT for an Asian male applicant is around 514, so do with that information what you will.
I have very solid ECs (second author on a paper, first author on another research), EMT with underserved population, decent volunteering, excellent leadership and excellent letters- one of my profs nominated me for a department award at Stanford. Could get into weeds more but that’s the basis of it.

Also I’m female :)

I have very solid ECs (second author on a paper, first author on another research), EMT with underserved population, decent volunteering, excellent leadership and excellent letters- one of my profs nominated me for a department award at Stanford. Could get into weeds more but that’s the basis of it.
With these ECs and your GPA, you should be fine with a 511. None of your subscores will get you screened out either.

With that being said, you're not going to be a "star" applicant, but you definitely will be competitive. I would expect at least 5-6 interviews with the right school list.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user