Should I start to study for the DAT right now or only during summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsilya

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm currently debating if I should start studying for the DAT over winter break and the spring semester. While I study now, I don't plan on dedicating a lot of time towards it just because I'm trying to do other activities to boost up my resume. Or should I only study over summer 2 months prior to the DAT? In either cases, I'll give it all I got during the summer but should I start stressing myself out right now? I feel like the more time I dedicate, the better my performance will be but will ~5 hours a week early start help?

Members don't see this ad.

Study 3-2 months prior. Do it like a full time job. Concentrate. You'll be fine.

It's better like this because if you start studying way before the date, you'll start forgetting what you studied in the beginning. Been there, done that.

Reactions: 1 users
Study 3-2 months prior. Do it like a full time job. Concentrate. You'll be fine.

It's better like this because if you start studying way before the date, you'll start forgetting what you studied in the beginning. Been there, done that.

Thanks, thats what I was afraid for. The small issue is that I'll be applying this cycle so will it harm me if I take the DAT in july? I was thinking of starting to study mid-may and take the DAT mid-july.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, thats what I was afraid for. The small issue is that I'll be applying this cycle so will it harm me if I take the DAT in july? I was thinking of starting to study mid-may and take the DAT mid-july.
Hm. If you are 100% sure that you'll do great, it's okay. The problem with taking it in July is that there's no time for a retake.

Taking it in July is fine. I don't like the idea of saving room for retakes because hell you should be planning on only taking it once anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
Taking it in July is fine. I don't like the idea of saving room for retakes because hell you should be planning on only taking it once anyways.
Yep. That's exactly how I was thinking back when I was preparing for it. And look.. 17AA :rolleyes:

I took the DAT in mid July. I have 7 total interviews this cycle and counting.

If you have time to study I would say practice PAT. Its something really new you have to learn. Definitely the hardcore studying should be 2-3 months before.

Reactions: 1 users
If you have time to study I would say practice PAT. Its something really new you have to learn. Definitely the hardcore studying should be 2-3 months before.
Agree!!! If you practice PAT 1hr everyday until DAT day. You'll get a 25+ guaranteed