Should I submit my Pharmcas without pcat score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TC621

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so here is my situation. I have basically everything submitted to pharmcas. Transcripts, LORS, and Personal statement. I just recently took my pcat last week and I am still waiting for the official scores to post up. Should i send my pharmcas without my pcat scores first? It gets a little tricky here cause my GPA is around 2.8 (I know its low, but i do have my own personal reasons for this). I did score a 97 composite on my PCAT, so i was wondering if i just sent in my application first while waiting for my score would the admissions just throw out my application just cause of my lousy gpa or would they wait till they have received my pcat to give my application an evaluation. I know without my PCAT score my application does not look that strong even though i feel my LORS and PS are pretty solid. Help is very much appreciated, since i'm not so sure how the application process would work. I was also going to call the schools im looking into to ask, but i figured I could get answers from this forum by morning.

TLDR: Low GPA, great PCAT. Should i wait till PCAT scores appear on pharmcas to send out or send application first then wait for pharmcas to update schools with PCAT. Without PCAT will the schools just throw out my application because of low gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay so here is my situation. I have basically everything submitted to pharmcas. Transcripts, LORS, and Personal statement. I just recently took my pcat last week and I am still waiting for the official scores to post up. Should i send my pharmcas without my pcat scores first? It gets a little tricky here cause my GPA is around 2.8 (I know its low, but i do have my own personal reasons for this). I did score a 97 composite on my PCAT, so i was wondering if i just sent in my application first while waiting for my score would the admissions just throw out my application just cause of my lousy gpa or would they wait till they have received my pcat to give my application an evaluation. I know without my PCAT score my application does not look that strong even though i feel my LORS and PS are pretty solid. Help is very much appreciated, since i'm not so sure how the application process would work. I was also going to call the schools im looking into to ask, but i figured I could get answers from this forum by morning.

TLDR: Low GPA, great PCAT. Should i wait till PCAT scores appear on pharmcas to send out or send application first then wait for pharmcas to update schools with PCAT. Without PCAT will the schools just throw out my application because of low gpa?

you can email the schools directly with your score sheet that they give you on the day of. I would say suggest you app first and don't wait for your official score to be sent. Schools have asked me to send in my score myself and they will look at the official one too just for official. This way your application gets reviewed faster.

you can email the schools directly with your score sheet that they give you on the day of. I would say suggest you app first and don't wait for your official score to be sent. Schools have asked me to send in my score myself and they will look at the official one too just for official. This way your application gets reviewed faster.
If i email the schools directly would i call them first and tell them i'm going to email the sheet in or how should i go about it? Thank you for the reply

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Typically there's a representative within the COP for recruitment, so just email the college and they'll most likely be the ones who file it away.

If i email the schools directly would i call them first and tell them i'm going to email the sheet in or how should i go about it? Thank you for the reply

The email that's provided through Pharmcas for each school and send it to that. U can call in before hand to make sure it's the correct one but I just used the ones provided to Pharmcas and it worked.