Should you stay for the entire ASHP midyear (Dec 4-8) if you are interested in residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slippers

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the actual residency showcase in December 5 and 6, would it be of benefit to stay from Dec 4-8, or is it okay to just go to midyear for those 2 days?

I know there is a *chance* that a residency program director could potentially invite you to a reception after the showcase. And of course, I would want to go. So if I was lucky enough to be invited to one of these receptions, would it be on the day of the showcase (Dec 5 or 6), or should I plan to stay for the entire session just in case I get invited to a reception on Dec 8?

It's not that I'm eager to cut out early, but extra days mean more hotel $$. Definitely want to stay if there's a residency benefit involved, but if the only reason is to hang out in Las Vegas and party, might as well cut out early (Better parties back at home and such ;) )

Thoughts greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

People will understand the time and money issue. Maybe look at the programming and see if there's anything else you would like to go to, otherwise no one will fault you for the short trip.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
People will understand the time and money issue. Maybe look at the programming and see if there's anything else you would like to go to, otherwise no one will fault you for the short trip.

exactly - I love the fact my hospital is paying my way!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
exactly - I love the fact my hospital is paying my way!

I've got one of the schools I precept for taking care of mine!

Hotels are dirt cheap in Vegas unless you stay at the Bellagio or something. Just split a room with a friend.

Hotels are dirt cheap in Vegas unless you stay at the Bellagio or something. Just split a room with a friend.

Seriously. I'm at Luxor for $100/night and that's a 15 minute walk to the Mandalay bay convention hall.