Sinai adcom meeting today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks Ziggy. I think we can all take it easy now, knowing that nothing is coming out of Sinai today.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Ziggy. I think we can all take it easy now, knowing that nothing is coming out of Sinai today.

haha i wish that were true, and i could take it easy! I'm really trying but i had this total freak out when i realized that we're like, never going to hear. if they didn't have the meeting today it's not like all of those doctors can just meet at exactly the same time on monday, they all have patients and the rest of their jobs. we might not hear until the next scheduled meeting then?

Okay i'm going work on not being such a wack job. i'm going to watch television and enjoy my spa day and pretend this never happened. i will be normal no matter how hard it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha i wish that were true, and i could take it easy! I'm really trying but i had this total freak out when i realized that we're like, never going to hear. if they didn't have the meeting today it's not like all of those doctors can just meet at exactly the same time on monday, they all have patients and the rest of their jobs. we might not hear until the next scheduled meeting then?

Okay i'm going work on not being such a wack job. i'm going to watch television and enjoy my spa day and pretend this never happened. i will be normal no matter how hard it is.

I can't imagine they'd put it off until the next scheduled meeting. Putting it off for a month... would result in way too much work for a single adcom meeting. Maybe they'll push it back to Friday if the adcom members are too busy the rest of the week. It looks like they have a little more leeway with their work on Fridays, because they meet on a regular basis, so they can only have monthly meetings that don't overlap with the adcom meetings and/or non-recurrent meetings.

That'll be a pretty intense two-day period for me, if they don't get together until Friday. Friday: Mt. Sinai. Saturday: Columbia. I wish I had other schools to wait on, but... I don't. C'est la vie, eh?

I am super excited for all of you and wish you all the best. I as well love Mt. Sinai and was excite when they finally invited me for an interview last Friday. I just regret applying so late. How long does it take for them to get back to interviewees regarding their decisions?

I am super excited for all of you and wish you all the best. I as well love Mt. Sinai and was excite when they finally invited me for an interview last Friday. I just regret applying so late. How long does it take for them to get back to interviewees regarding their decisions?

I think its usually 4 weeks or so. I interviewed 11/27 and was accepted 12/19 (which is a little over 3 weeks).

for all the people worrying about when the adcom will meet: it might be earlier than you think. the weekly tuesday meetings are for the interviewers to discuss the applicants of that week (or the week before if they've missed a tuesday meeting), but the final decision meetings (like the one scheduled for last friday) are attended by only a few and are probably easier to reschedule.

And Maybe they can use part of this Tues meeting as a decision meeting, I just don't want to wait another month

Wishful thinking is something that hasn't exactly served me well in this process. I'm still hopeful though

So there's no point holding our breath today, is there? *sigh*

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and they said that they have not yet scheduled the next adcom meeting. Then I ask if will it be this week or like next month, and they said that it wont be next month, but they don't know when its going to be before that.

i just got a very wonderful friend to call as well and they told her 7-10 days. so, here's to more waiting. PS thanks textuality!!

i just got a very wonderful friend to call as well and they told her 7-10 days. so, here's to more waiting. PS thanks textuality!!

Cheers.

What're the bets that we'll all finally relax mid-week only to get surprised by emails?

le sigh...

oh well.

Thanks for calling, jad2121 and aaj117's friend. :)

I just called and asked about the status of my application. The lady told me that there had been no decision on my app, but that there is a meeting tomorrow and a decision will be made after that. I am not sure if she was talking about the every Tuesday meetings someone else mentioned or not, but maybe we will hear sooner than we thought.

Hi all,

I just interviewed at Mount Sinai today and we were told to expect decisions from the school in Mid-March and that our applications won't be reviewed on that "Tuesday" meeting before the next super committee meeting. SO hopefully you all who have interviewed before me will hear soon.

Hi all,

I just interviewed at Mount Sinai today and we were told to expect decisions from the school in Mid-March and that our applications won't be reviewed on that "Tuesday" meeting before the next super committee meeting. SO hopefully you all who have interviewed before me will hear soon.

Maybe that means they're going to meet tomorrow for this round of decisions...???

:eek: :eek: :eek:

What the heck am I doing. I'm just drumming up anxiety.

Sorry guys.

But is it possible!?

Maybe that means they're going to look meet tomorrow for this round of decisions...???

What the heck am I doing. I'm just drumming up anxiety.

Sorry guys.

But is it possible!?

When textuality called for me, they asked my name and amcas id number before saying that i would "hear via email within the next 7-10 days". So i thought it was probably an accurate time estimate. But now, i am slightly anxious to see if anyone hears today. Does anyone know what time the tuesday adcom meetings are?

Correct me if I'm wrong, acceptances are via email then snail mail right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, acceptances are via email then snail mail right?

yep, that's right. the acceptance packet came about 2 weeks after the email. good luck :luck:

Considering that nobody has posted about hearing from Mount Sinai today... I'm gonna guess that the rescheduled meeting will probably be this Friday or the following Tuesday.

i wonder what happened at that meeting yesterday.

sooo I just called the admissions office, and they said they DID have a decision meeting yesterday, and I should be getting an email either today or tomorrow. (maybe that means i wasn't rejected?) i interviewed on 1/22. so good luck everyone!

so i just called in too. i interviewed 1/24. no decision has been made yet and i should hear in 1-2 weeks.

p.s. i like their new website format

ok so i called and they took my name and stuff, so i don't want to call again, but dienekes88 since we interviewed the same day maybe you could call? you'd probably be my new best friend.

ok so i called and they took my name and stuff, so i don't want to call again, but dienekes88 since we interviewed the same day maybe you could call? you'd probably be my new best friend.

Well, my app is still pending... ugh.

If your application is pending, that might mean that we just weren't discussed? They said there would be another committee meeting on Tuesday the 4th and a final one on the following Tuesday the 11th.

Wow. Tense tense tense.

I thought they were monthly admissions meetings... and weekly interview meetings. I don't get it...

Interviewed 1/18. I think the lady said i was discussed but no final decision has been made. Should hear in a week or two.

Well, my app is still pending... ugh.

If your application is pending, that might mean that we just weren't discussed? They said there would be another committee meeting on Tuesday the 4th and a final one on the following Tuesday the 11th.

Wow. Tense tense tense.

I thought they were monthly admissions meetings... and weekly interview meetings. I don't get it...
i guess they're about done sending out interviews, so they can discuss other things more now at the weekly meetings? ahhh i hate that we weren't discussed. it would have been the one thing to go right for me this week!

i guess they're about done sending out interviews, so they can discuss other things more now at the weekly meetings? ahhh i hate that we weren't discussed. it would have been the one thing to go right for me this week!

Hmm... sorry. I tried to ask a couple more general questions, but I started to freeze up. Then she just took my AMCAS ID and let me know my status. Maybe next time I should have a script ready...

Hmm... sorry. I tried to ask a couple more general questions, but I started to freeze up. Then she just took my AMCAS ID and let me know my status. Maybe next time I should have a script ready...
haha that's alright, i was too scared to do it myself monday and made someone else do it for me! i'm just frustrated because i haven't slept at all; my apartment was broken into and i was up with the cops all night. aaand rent is due this week, and i don't totally have it. So i'm kinda feeling like nothing can go right right now. hopefully, things will turn around any day now.

i think what's going on is that some people's files were decided on today, and others were deferred to another meeting where they can compare them to a more comprehensive batch (prob. not a good omen...). that's probably why people are getting different answers. so... aaj117, you should just call yourself to figure out where yours is :).

i think what's going on is that some people's files were decided on today, and others were deferred to another meeting where they can compare them to a more comprehensive batch (prob. not a good omen...). that's probably why people are getting different answers. so... aaj117, you should just call yourself to figure out where yours is :).
i know i should, but "i" called monday, and they took my name and stuff, so i don't want to call again and be annoying. On monday they said 7-10 days, so i'm just assuming i'll hear next week, but then all this commotion about people who interviewed after that expecting to hear today or tomorrow got me a little excited.

yellowumbrella, i'm guessing you didn't hear today so i'm just wishing you good luck for tomorrow!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

so...are we allowed to call tomorrow to find out if we were discussed? I know they have that thing about only between certain hours on Monday and Friday. I feel like this shouldn't fall into the status check category...but i don't know what else it would be.

so...are we allowed to call tomorrow to find out if we were discussed? I know they have that thing about only between certain hours on Monday and Friday. I feel like this shouldn't fall into the status check category...but i don't know what else it would be.

i'm not sure, but I did call during the hours they specified. hopefully by tomorrow a batch of emails will go out...

i'm not sure, but I did call during the hours they specified. hopefully by tomorrow a batch of emails will go out...

yeah...ill just wait. if i get an email then I will know. If I don't...well then I am either rejected or they didn't review my app at this meeting.

:luck: :luck: :luck: GOOD LUCK!

i know i should, but "i" called monday, and they took my name and stuff, so i don't want to call again and be annoying. On monday they said 7-10 days, so i'm just assuming i'll hear next week, but then all this commotion about people who interviewed after that expecting to hear today or tomorrow got me a little excited.

Well... I figure it might be good that they haven't made a decision on our files yet. They must have looked at them by now, because they've looked at files from interviews after ours (unless they have some ranking unrelated to their interview invites). I'm thinking we're probably in the limbo between accept/waitlist or waitlist/neg. Hopefully it's the former...

Well... I figure it might be good that they haven't made a decision on our files yet. They must have looked at them by now, because they've looked at files from interviews after ours (unless they have some ranking unrelated to their interview invites). I'm thinking we're probably in the limbo between accept/waitlist or waitlist/neg. Hopefully it's the former...

I disagree that they must have looked at them and this means we're on a border. Not that i am sure i'm getting in or anything, because i'm nowhere near that confident and don't expect positive news no matter how badly i wish for it. But because when i spoke to them monday, they said 7-10 days. And, they hadn't met yet as of monday, so it's not like they would have known i was on the border and need to be reconsidered. If they knew that it would take that long, they probably just split up piles of these people to talk about this week, and the other group to talk about next week. I think they probably just haven't looked at us yet. But, since NO ONE has received any real news this week, we don't even know for sure that neither of us is receiving news. I think we should just expect to hear next week sometime and not assume that they've looked or not looked or it's a good/bad sign.

any emails today?

not for me yet. but maybe i'm not getting one? maybe when they said "you should receive an email..." they meant people reviewed in general? eh, whatever happens happens. :) i'll update this thread if i hear anything. :p

...i dont' think you CAN get rejected post-interview. so you are all on the accept/waitlist border, and you will all get e-mails (assuming they send out the waitlist e-mails this time).

...i dont' think you CAN get rejected post-interview. so you are all on the accept/waitlist border, and you will all get e-mails (assuming they send out the waitlist e-mails this time).

I wish that were true but it is not. They were pretty clear during the interviews: acceptances and waitlists get emails, rejected apps get mail

I wish that were true but it is not. They were pretty clear during the interviews: acceptances and waitlists get emails, rejected apps get mail

sorry! i've just never heard of anyone getting rejected, and i couldn't find anyone on mdapps who has been rejected. i'm guessing they do reject people, but it's a very, very low percentage.

sorry! i've just never heard of anyone getting rejected, and i couldn't find anyone on mdapps who has been rejected. i'm guessing they do reject people, but it's a very, very low percentage.

oh no worries, don't be sorry.

I wish they'd send out those emails though, I was told end of this month. It'd really be nice to know

I wish they'd send out those emails though, I was told end of this month. It'd really be nice to know

Seriously. I interviewed 1/28 and I'm not even sure if they'll get around to my app in this cycle... I wish I had called on Monday, haha.

Got email. I'm in! Interviewed 1/18