MrTL

2+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
I’m interested in applying but will not be able to apply until late Decemberbecause I haven’t take my GRE yet. Is there a chance if I do apply during that time? I know they’re deadline isn’t until March but I also know they’re rolling admission so I’m not sure if I should even apply.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
There's always a chance, but I would say it's pretty slim. Since it is rolling admissions, as long as people qualify and their personal statement is good, they will get in. I have someone in my class who didn't get in for 2 years because he kept turning in his application in late November/early December. It wasn't because of his stats and PS, but because of when he turned in his app. Once he figured that out, he turned everything in on Oct 1 and got in.

So, unless there just happens to be people who don't qualify or those who receive an acceptance turn it down... it's a very slim chance. Not to discourage you or anything. It just so happens to be the timing for you isn't in your favor. If you're set on SJSU and don't get in this time, just remember to get OTCAS and CSU application and transcripts in by Oct 1!

Jul 18, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
Hi does anyone know when most acceptances roll out? CSUDH starts jan and is my second choice but I really want to stay close to home at SJSU. My app was timestamped OCT.1

Oct 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Hi does anyone know when most acceptances roll out? CSUDH starts jan and is my second choice but I really want to stay close to home at SJSU. My app was timestamped OCT.1
According to a previous poster someone has already heard back, but it seems like the bulk of acceptances will be heard Dec - April!

About the Ads
Nov 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
hello everyone! Does anyone know that the personal statement is strictly limited to 500 words? I tried contacting their department but got no luck. On their website, it said the PS should be "limited to 500 words or one page". However one page single-spaced fits a lot more than 500 words... If anyone has a definitive answer on this, please let me know. Much love xo

Jul 24, 2018
I was accepted via email today! I am a reapplicant and I was accepted last year, so I'm guessing that's why I heard back so early. Last year I was accepted in March. I was sure to get my application in on October 1st. Best of luck to all of you!! Anyone else hear back yet? Would love to connect

Oct 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
I was accepted via email today! I am a reapplicant and I was accepted last year, so I'm guessing that's why I heard back so early. Last year I was accepted in March. I was sure to get my application in on October 1st. Best of luck to all of you!! Anyone else hear back yet? Would love to connect
Oh wow! Congratulations!!!! That's super exciting :) If I may ask when did you apply last year that you heard back in March? My app got time stamped Oct 2nd and each day I'm nibbling my nails down further

Jul 24, 2018
Thank you! I also applied on October 1st last year, I turned my application in to the department in person. This year I mailed it in.

I'm guessing I heard back so early this year because I was a reapplicant.

Reactions: Bibambi

MrTL

2+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
hello everyone! Does anyone know that the personal statement is strictly limited to 500 words? I tried contacting their department but got no luck. On their website, it said the PS should be "limited to 500 words or one page". However one page single-spaced fits a lot more than 500 words... If anyone has a definitive answer on this, please let me know. Much love xo
I forget how OTCAS works. Is it uploaded as a PDF/docx or do you copy/paste it into a text box? Several of my classmates got in with over 500 words but less than 650-ish. I got in with just shy of 500 words. If it's a PDF/docx, I'd imagine it would be double-spaced, as that's the standard APA we use throughout the program.

About the Ads