So who's retaking in August?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silent Cool

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask....becuase my score SUCKED! SO disappointed. Not sure what I'm going to do now... :(

Members don't see this ad.

I am.....Stupid Physical Section....and bio and verbal section. They all suck but I must say my physical section was the furthest from my tests (2 pts lower). I don't know if this sounds stupid but it actually focuses me more. I am going to start with a quick review of the material and then take an infinite amount of practice tests. Right now I am exhausted and in a state of apathy. :scared:

I'm undecided as of yet. I might take my books with me to Israel and on vacation later, see how that goes, and then go from there.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am definitely retakin, i got an 18 overall, and yet i have no idea where to begin? especially since my practice tests were much higher than that. i dunno if it was the pressure, the stress, or other things goin on that messed me up, but either way i will be there in august!

marimiyaz said:
well won't be retaking (thrilled with my scores) but my heart aches for you guys!!!!!!! honestly just take heart in the fact that lots of people have to retake ~ i know of people who retook after scoring poorly first time and going on to get into UCSF, etc. it will happen for you guys if you want it badly enough! :)

WOW. Just to let you know. Posts like this don't help.

chattkis said:
WOW. Just to let you know. Posts like this don't help.

I second that! I am retaking too and am NOT thrilled with my first TWO sets of scores.....third times a charm, right?

I am taking it for the first time in august. The results for the april MCAT frankly is scaring me. An average of 25 :eek:

me too blank,
i checked the scores for my freind cuz he was so nervous, guess what he makes...
a freaking 38, i should be happy for him, but now i just feel like an idiot all i want is a 30, and kaplan topicals are raping me in da ass.

i am retaking too. man! i knew PS was the worst section for me, but the mcat just kicked my @ss. i was hoping to never have to take that test again, but at this point what can you do? ...i feel totally lost on what to do next.

27Q I'm undecided. I don't know if I should try this cycle and maybe retake next April. I don't think I'll be able to get enough studying in before August with work and class this summer. I did take it without OChem and am in Ochem now so maybe it would be wise to take it in August with the info fresh in my mind. Man, I wish I knew what to do.

I’m retaking it in August. The next 2 months I will be hitting the books in over drive.

I got a 28Q. I was disappointed because on my practice tests I was consistently hitting 30...I don't know whether to retake or not. I am an URM with a 3.64 GPA....I think I can still get in some places, but I don't want to be stuck on tons of waiting lists....

I am going to try to decide by tomorrow, because if I retake I need to rehit those books big time :(

The torture begins...

swimncsc said:
I second that! I am retaking too and am NOT thrilled with my first TWO sets of scores.....third times a charm, right?

I hope so. I got the exact same score both times I've taken it, with a slightly different breakdown. Retaking in August hoping to at least get into the upper 20's. Are you in NC?