SOAP 2019 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Go to the hospital you are interested and look in Careers. you will see new post since March 12.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A couple of programs that I applied to in Round-1 are unmatched. However, it won't give me an option to apply to them even though I have 2 apps vacant???

Crickets here. i keep checking to make sure the volume is up on it.

Last edited:
Anyone have any new interviews? 15 minutes in and nothing new for me.

Had a spam caller.

Opens up with "Hey I am calling from Internal Medicine(something something something)... turns out its a magazine wanting to see if I want to subscribe.

I don't what I did in a past life to deserve this.

A couple of programs that I applied to in Round-1 are unmatched. However, it won't give me an option to apply to them even though I have 2 apps vacant???

your app rolls over for the next round, to my understanding. you don't have to apply again

Reactions: 4 users
the guys who want to improve your CV. Because of some MD match to the residency. Now there are empty spots to do Reseach Fellow in several hospitals.
"Unfortunately" this week a received phone calls to be a research fellow in different hospitals. I hang up my CV in different hospital websites.
How do you get a research fellow

Whoa that’s heartbreaking - some prev reply got pasted in for some reason
Had a spam caller.

Opens up with "Hey I am calling from Internal Medicine(something something something)... turns out its a magazine wanting to see if I want to subscribe.

[/QUOTE]

Had a spam caller.

:laugh:

Dude I am so sorry. At this point in my household it's either laugh or cry so I appreciate you helping.

Reactions: 1 users
As a non-US IMG who needs visa is it even worth calling once the unfilled program list is released after the second round?

If no one is getting calls from programs, it could be that programs are only considering people they have already interviewed. Seems like I'll be in the 3pm group who will be calling programs. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
As a non-US IMG who needs visa is it even worth calling once the unfilled program list is released after the second round?
same question!
please share something about what could be the best option for us non US imgs who require VISA?

after round 2 if i don't get any offers, should I call programs or email my cv to program coordinator and PD?

Some of my programs still have spots left. My top choice is gone though. Bummer.

Absolutely get on the horn with these places and tell them you’d love to work with them and will accept their offer without question if they extend you one.

Absolutely get on the horn with these places and tell them you’d love to work with them and will accept their offer without question if they extend you one.
I did, and had a program promise me an offer as well. I really hope they mean it this time. It's last call at the bar and I'm pretty desperate.

Reactions: 2 users
Program just called me out of the blue for FM. Pay attention to your phones!

Reactions: 5 users
That one anesthesia program with that many spots still has to be an error. There's just no way that can be real.

no offers.. see you all next yet.... fml

"All offers have been generated for the current round.
You do not have any offers for the current offer round."

No way...

what on earth wrong with this people!!! give me the offer!

Nada. Niente. Nothing. Definitely will be making calls at 3pm.

No offers :( Guys, please any one answer to my question. what's teh best way to contact programs after round 2? Email them my cv or calling them?

1 offer. Oh my gosh I can't believe it. Good luck to everyone else this round and I wish the best for you all in the scramble!

My heart is heavy for all of you.

Reactions: 22 users
I really don't get it... why I didn't get any offer.. I work hard and good student... and good score.. all I need was one prelim spot.. not even categorical...

At 3 PM, they post all unfilled SOAP slots plus all programs not participating in the SOAP right? Do they get posted to the same place? Or is there a separate place that programs not participating in the SOAP gets posted? Are there historically a lot of programs not in the SOAP?

"You do not have any offers" - this line just stares at you from the screen, I can hear this impish laughter.... Am I going crazy?

I did, and had a program promise me an offer as well. I really hope they mean it this time. It's last call at the bar and I'm pretty desperate.

If they promised, that’s as good of a guarantee as you can get! Fingers crossed for ya man, I’ve been anxious all morning and I hope it comes!

Edit: Just saw it came in! Congrats man, now let’s seriously see if we can get you an elective out here!

Reactions: 2 users
I dont get it. we still have to wait the update list at 3pm to bother all the PDs?

How is it even possible that prestigious schools still go unfilled??

This was expected to happen year. Each season, students are panicking more and more about not matching, and are applying to more and more programs. Highly qualified students are interviewing everywhere and being ranked by programs and they submit 20+ rank list (8 years ago, students used to rank an average of 8-10 programs).

i.e Programs are interviewing over-qualified students that are not going to rank their programs high.