Some of my letter writers have stopped responding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IronManDr99

Reaction score
Hey so I have letter writers from my upper divs for my med school applications and they agreed and stuff but some of them just stopped replying. I sent them my interfolio stuff earlier and like now only one of my upper div bio professors has replied and one of my English professors replied. I am getting worried because for some reason most of my upper div letter writers just stopped replying and I have no idea why. what will happen (worst case) if I only have one upper div bio professor, instead of at least 2 for the science academic requirement, write me a letter of recommendation?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey so I have letter writers from my upper divs for my med school applications and they agreed and stuff but some of them just stopped replying. I sent them my interfolio stuff earlier and like now only one of my upper div bio professors has replied and one of my English professors replied. I am getting worried because for some reason most of my upper div letter writers just stopped replying and I have no idea why. what will happen (worst case) if I only have one upper div bio professor, instead of at least 2 for the science academic requirement, write me a letter of recommendation?
If a school requires 2 and you only have one, your application will never be marked complete and will never be reviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
Could they be busy with finals coming up? The university I attend is getting out earlier than usual (next week) because we started the semester early.

Members don't see this ad :)
For one of my letter writers, I had to reach out to him for about two months and I still didn’t get his letter until July. I would keep on reaching out periodically (not every week) and then maybe find another letter writer if possible.

Did you give them a deadline when you asked them? Did they agree to write the letter? Has the deadline you gave them passed?

Don't be a nag. If they said yes, you gave a deadline and the deadline has not passed, give it a rest.

Faculty members are busy people. You are not the only person they are writing a letter for this year and they know the deadline and they know that it is months before the letter will be reviewed. Cool your jets!

Reactions: 2 users
For one of my letter writers, I had to reach out to him for about two months and I still didn’t get his letter until July. I would keep on reaching out periodically (not every week) and then maybe find another letter writer if possible.
I see yeah im trying to find another letter writer but yeah ill reach out to that one writer periodically to try and salvage it. thanks

Did you give them a deadline when you asked them? Did they agree to write the letter? Has the deadline you gave them passed?

Don't be a nag. If they said yes, you gave a deadline and the deadline has not passed, give it a rest.

Faculty members are busy people. You are not the only person they are writing a letter for this year and they know the deadline and they know that it is months before the letter will be reviewed. Cool your jets!
yeah I see your point, luckily the deadline is in June I think I was just worrying myself thanks for the advice haha