St. Augustine San Marcos Housing

Started by GoSparta
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GoSparta

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I will be doing my last clinicals in San Diego for a long while, and needed some assistance in finding housing. Are their any spreadsheets or resources St. Augustine students use to find housing? Also, how much are you all paying around for rent? I am looking to be in the encinitas and carlsbad area. San Marcos would be fine too, I won't be pick.

Thanks
 
Hey all,

I will be doing my last clinicals in San Diego for a long while, and needed some assistance in finding housing. Are their any spreadsheets or resources St. Augustine students use to find housing? Also, how much are you all paying around for rent? I am looking to be in the encinitas and carlsbad area. San Marcos would be fine too, I won't be pick.

Thanks

I'm not aware of any spreadsheets or resources USA uses to find housing. The one's I usually see postings are through facebook groups of certain locations or school's. If you're looking for san marcos, try the CSUSM student facebook group, they are always looking for roomates. There's always craigslist as a last resort too. Depending on the area, usually 550-650 a month for a private room. Congrats on your progress so far, where in San Diego are you doing your clinicals? I just got accepted into USA and if you have any tips/hints, would greatly be appreciated.
 
Congrats on getting in. My tips is to enjoy Summer, and really catch on to your program as it goes. It will be fast paced since it's accelerated (I'm in an accelerated program as well), but it is doable. Research places you want to do clinicals outso taht by the time you sign up you have great ones. Aside from locations, definitely look up famous PT's that can be your CI.

I am doing a 8-weeker in Carlsbad, but am in the process of getting my others down in San Diego. My weekend job would also be in Carmel Valley as well.

I would like to talk to a group however, chances of them adding me are unlikely, and also since St. Augustine takes in 3 classes a year it's hard to keep up with it. I will try to talk to some people though. Thank you!
 
Here is a list of nearby housing that the school provided. I think they are outdated because when searching those complexes online, the rents seem to be higher.
 

Attachments