St. Augustine Spring/Summer 2020 cohort

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 10/25 and knew 10/30 that I was in. I think their turn around time is super fast.
What campus did you interview for

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I got my acceptance letter a couple hours ago for USA San Marcos campus for the summer cohort.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! I got my acceptance letter a couple hours ago for USA San Marcos campus for the summer cohort.

Congratulations! Seeing more acceptances than rejections on this thread is giving me confidence for my own interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know you're supposed to let them know before your interview that you want to switch cohorts, but just wondering if anybody knows of anyone that experienced switching after they've been accepted?

Got accepted to saint aug campus for summer 2020. Interviewed 11/8 and heard back 11/14. Lmk if anyone else is summer 2020. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Those are some quick turn around times! Do they let you know when you should expect to hear back?

Anyone else interviewed on Nov 5th at san Marcos for spring 2020 still waiting to hear back?

Does anyone know when they start interviews for Fall 2020 SanMarcos??

I know you're supposed to let them know before your interview that you want to switch cohorts, but just wondering if anybody knows of anyone that experienced switching after they've been accepted?

I don't have any experience switching cohorts after getting accepted or know anyone that has. I personally switched before my interview. I would just recommend reaching out to admissions and see what can be done - especially if you have an extenuating circumstance.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello, this is random but related — I met some people at CSUN at an info session this morning and didn’t get the chance to follow up on some questions about USA’s San Marcos campus. If you two see this, please message me to connect :)

For those who did a group interview, how were the questions asked? Was each person asked one at a time? Or was it more of a you just jump in? I interviewed at the St. Augustine campus.

Last edited:
For those who did a group interview, how were the questions asked? Was each person asked one at a time? Or was it more of a you just jump in?
In my interview, it was just one other person. The interviewer switched on who answered the question first. We were asked the same questions.

In my interview, it was just one other person. The interviewer switched on who answered the question first. We were asked the same questions.

My interview in San Marcos also went the same way.

For people that applied to San Marcos campus, how long did it take to hear back about a decision for an interview or denied after your application review? I'm still waiting and it's been 8 weeks since my application was approved and sent to admission. I am applying for the spring cohort but do not know if they are still doing interview still for that class.

I'm also curious to know if some of you who interviewed think doing a thank you card(s) is a nice touch?

For people that applied to San Marcos campus, how long did it take to hear back about a decision for an interview or denied after your application review? I'm still waiting and it's been 8 weeks since my application was approved and sent to admission. I am applying for the spring cohort but do not know if they are still doing interview still for that class.

My application was never reviewed but it was received by the program on October 14th (I submitted it on PTCAS on September 30th). I received the invitation to interview on October 15th. I interviewed on November 5th. I got my acceptance on November 13th. From being at the interview and speaking to some students, I heard that they will be interviewing in December for Spring still but that at that point it's mostly to fill up the waitlist. I would reach out the program!

Hello! I interviewed for the Austin Campus on 11/8 and was wondering if anyone has heard back earlier than the 2-4 weeks they said? I'm applying for summer 2020! I know they said that Spring 2020 was the priority right now and I actually got a call from Kim asking if I wanted to move my application for the spring, but had to say no because I was not financially ready since I do not live in Austin.

I'm also curious to know if some of you who interviewed think doing a thank you card(s) is a nice touch?

I definitely recommend thank you cards. At this stage it's nice to express your gratitude for them granting you the time and opportunity in something you've put in so much time and effort for! I don't necessarily think it increases the chance to be accepted lol but it's always nice to give.

And you can always send thank you emails if you don't have the chance to get/send a physical card.

Last edited:
Hello! I interviewed for the Austin Campus on 11/8 and was wondering if anyone has heard back earlier than the 2-4 weeks they said? I'm applying for summer 2020! I know they said that Spring 2020 was the priority right now and I actually got a call from Kim asking if I wanted to move my application for the spring, but had to say no because I was not financially ready since I do not live in Austin.

Hey, I've been accepted for the Summer 20' cohort but I applied ED... It only took about 10 days for them to let me know the verdict so I say less than two weeks... I'm sure you'll get accepted! Early congrats and good luck! Reach out if you need to!

I think people have until 11/29 to accept, so it's possible they're still waiting on that. I agree with dreamingofpt in reaching out to the program since there are a lot of moving parts that you would need to figure out if the intention is to start in January. I've heard some people in a similar situation who called admissions and having their app move forward after talking to them.

Last edited:
I definitely recommend thank you cards. At this stage it's nice to express your gratitude for them granting you the time and opportunity in something you've put in so much time and effort for! I don't necessarily think it increases the chance to be accepted lol but it's always nice to give.

And you can always send thank you emails if you don't have the chance to get/send a physical card.
My plan is to bring the cards with me and write them on the spot after the interview. Is there a person I can leave them with? I read it's best to do this because by the time you hear back about a decision, they might not have even gotten the cards yet.

Hey, I've been accepted for the Summer 20' cohort but I applied ED... It only took about 10 days for them to let me know the verdict so I say less than two weeks... I'm sure you'll get accepted! Early congrats and good luck! Reach out if you need to!

Oh makes sense! I didn't apply ED, but I submitted my application before their "priority deadline" for the summer cohort which was I believe October 15, and got my application immediately verified and received the interview invitation a week later. I am just as anxious as most people are in this group and don't want to get too ahead of myself, so Im really hoping what you say is true haha! It gave me a little confidence when Kim said that my application was "competitive" enough to be moved to the spring cohort!

My application was never reviewed but it was received by the program on October 14th (I submitted it on PTCAS on September 30th). I received the invitation to interview on October 15th. I interviewed on November 5th. I got my acceptance on November 13th. From being at the interview and speaking to some students, I heard that they will be interviewing in December for Spring still but that at that point it's mostly to fill up the waitlist. I would reach out the program!

Congrats on getting into the program. That was a quick turn around on your application. I reached out to Jennifer twice already at the san marcos location and she told me they are still reviewing it. 2 months seems like a awhile to review an application though. I submitted through ptcas on 9/29 and it was verified and sent the next day. I just emailed Jennifer yesterday but she is out of the office until Monday.

Hey yall, seems like a lot of people are getting accepted. I interviewed Nov 5th at San Marcos for spring 2020. They said it'll be within 3 weeks. Currently at 1.5 weeks. Should I be worried? Lol.

My plan is to bring the cards with me and write them on the spot after the interview. Is there a person I can leave them with? I read it's best to do this because by the time you hear back about a decision, they might not have even gotten the cards yet.

That's a great plan. You can leave them with the receptionist up front, or anyone who happens to be there. Not sure about the timing of your interview day, but front desk is done at 5pm, so if you finish your cards after 5pm (like I did) then just leave it at the desk where it'll be seen.

Oh makes sense! I didn't apply ED, but I submitted my application before their "priority deadline" for the summer cohort which was I believe October 15, and got my application immediately verified and received the interview invitation a week later. I am just as anxious as most people are in this group and don't want to get too ahead of myself, so Im really hoping what you say is true haha! It gave me a little confidence when Kim said that my application was "competitive" enough to be moved to the spring cohort!

You should hear back this week coming up... If she said your app was competitive then you should get accepted. Don't worry. :)

Interviewed 11/8 but haven’t heard anything back yet, do they mail you something? I’ve already been accepted somewhere else and paid the deposit in order to not lose the spot, didn’t know if that may have an affect

Just got accepted to the Austin Campus for Summer 2020!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey yall, seems like a lot of people are getting accepted. I interviewed Nov 5th at San Marcos for spring 2020. They said it'll be within 3 weeks. Currently at 1.5 weeks. Should I be worried? Lol.
I interviewed on Nov 12 at san marcos too and have not heard anything yet for spring 2020

I interviewed on Nov 12 at san marcos too and have not heard anything yet for spring 2020
If it's any comfort, my friend applied to South College and suffered seven weeks before she got her acceptance. They told her 4 to 6 weeks.

For those that have been accepted, did yall get your USA email already? And if so, will that be the main email they'll contact us with for future emails from them (like financial aid, adding classes, etc.)?

For those that have been accepted, did yall get your USA email already? And if so, will that be the main email they'll contact us with for future emails from them (like financial aid, adding classes, etc.)?
I have my email set up but haven't received anything yet. I assume they'll wait untill classes begin before they really start using that email address.

I’m in the Spring 2020 class, I started getting Clinical Education emails sent there about 2 weeks ago. But other emails go to my email that my acceptance went to.

congrats!! It looks like we're going to be classmates if you accept.

Hey!! My application was verified on 11/21 and I had my advising on 11/22 where I was told to put my app on hold until I finished the two prereqs I’m in. Which is totally understandable and good advice. The semester ends in two weeks. What are the chances that I’ll be able to interview and get a spot in the summer cohort? Does anyone know how full it is?

Hey!! My application was verified on 11/21 and I had my advising on 11/22 where I was told to put my app on hold until I finished the two prereqs I’m in. Which is totally understandable and good advice. The semester ends in two weeks. What are the chances that I’ll be able to interview and get a spot in the summer cohort? Does anyone know how full it is?

Why were you told that? Are those the last two you need? US of A specifically states that as long as you have 3 remaining, you're eligible. Unless it's just because your semester is almost over.

Why were you told that? Are those the last two you need? US of A specifically states that as long as you have 3 remaining, you're eligible. Unless it's just because your semester is almost over.
It was to make me a more competitive applicant! Because these last two classes if I get As will raise my prereq GPA. Ultimately it was my decision but I thought it would be good to wait..