You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
St. Augustine Spring/Summer 2020 cohort
Started by reesetee
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FSUDPT1997
New Member
Nice! Im currently applying for Fall 2020 at the St.Augustine Campus . My advisor told me I should wait to submit after the deadline(12/16) because I am currently taking 2 courses over for a better grade. Those grades should be in 12/18. Apparently they have a very soft deadline and they said it should not be a problem if I submit a little late.It was to make me a more competitive applicant! Because these last two classes if I get As will raise my prereq GPA. Ultimately it was my decision but I thought it would be good to wait..
FSUDPT1997
New Member
Do you mind if I ask what your stats were?I was just accepted to the summer cohort for St Augustine campus. Not sure if i will accept due to having two other schools with cheaper tuition, however best of luck with those still applying!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheMillertime14
New Member
Not at all!Do you mind if I ask what your stats were?
I have been accepted to two other schools.
GRE 149 V 151 Q
3.57 CUM GPA
Over 250 hrs outpatient
Over 60 hrs at various inpatient
FSUDPT1997
New Member
Thanks! Have you heard that it might be more difficult to be admitted for summer vs. fall? Im debating on which to apply for.Not at all!
I have been accepted to two other schools.
GRE 149 V 151 Q
3.57 CUM GPA
Over 250 hrs outpatient
Over 60 hrs at various inpatient
Had my interview, and like everyone else said, it is very conversational and casual. I was actually astonished by how tiny the group was that showed up. Only five of us total, and we were split 2 and 3 for the interview, 2 for fall and 3 for spring. We were told they do much of their weeding out during the actual application process, so it seems like at least most people who get an interview get in.
But throughout the whole thing they're trying to keep you calm and they imply you shouldn't see the other prospects as competition because they may very well likely end up being your classmates. Try to ask thorough questions, ones whose answers you can't find on their website, and I mean ask questions outside of the interview because we didn't have time during our interview to actually ask any before a student PT came to get us. Like he was still asking us questions as she knocked on the door. The spring cohort did, so I did all of my asking outside of the interview.
There were no off the wall questions. Like I said, very conversational. He'd ask, we'd answer, and he'd either bounce off our answers by providing advice like, "This is what you can do to manage stress," or he would challenge us. Like he asked how we felt about group studying, and I said it's effective up to a point and explained why. He then said, "Well, what if I came to your group needing help? What if no matter how many times you helped me I couldn't get it?"
It definitely was not an interview where you want it to end. I feel like my interview went well, but we'll see. Just show your passion and your eagerness. Don't be shy. During my interview, I mentioned some of the lofty dreams I had for the profession, but it shows I want to grow.
But throughout the whole thing they're trying to keep you calm and they imply you shouldn't see the other prospects as competition because they may very well likely end up being your classmates. Try to ask thorough questions, ones whose answers you can't find on their website, and I mean ask questions outside of the interview because we didn't have time during our interview to actually ask any before a student PT came to get us. Like he was still asking us questions as she knocked on the door. The spring cohort did, so I did all of my asking outside of the interview.
There were no off the wall questions. Like I said, very conversational. He'd ask, we'd answer, and he'd either bounce off our answers by providing advice like, "This is what you can do to manage stress," or he would challenge us. Like he asked how we felt about group studying, and I said it's effective up to a point and explained why. He then said, "Well, what if I came to your group needing help? What if no matter how many times you helped me I couldn't get it?"
It definitely was not an interview where you want it to end. I feel like my interview went well, but we'll see. Just show your passion and your eagerness. Don't be shy. During my interview, I mentioned some of the lofty dreams I had for the profession, but it shows I want to grow.
I got the acceptance to fall!
Are they going to send another email regarding login info so I can get this deposit paid?
Yes! Mine came a few days later. Congrats on your acceptance!Are they going to send another email regarding login info so I can get this deposit paid?
dreamingofpt
Full Member
Officially made my seat deposit today for the Summer 2020 start in San Marcos!
FSUDPT1997
New Member
mind if I ask what were your stats? Im applying for USA Fall 2020.I got the acceptance to fall!
TheMillertime14
New Member
Thanks! Have you heard that it might be more difficult to be admitted for summer vs. fall? Im debating on which to apply for.
Honestly I have no clue. They actually tried to move my application up from summer to spring but I have things to get straightened out before I start the program
mind if I ask what were your stats? Im applying for USA Fall 2020.
GPA: 3.62
cGPA: 3.8
GRE: 302
AWA: 4.5
Hours: 406 in outpatient/in-patient
When did you interview?I got accepted to the Summer 2020 term at the St. Augustine campus !!!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FSUDPT1997
New Member
Awsome ! Im applying for Fall 2020. Do you mind sharing your stats? I am kind of in the same boat as you were. I just retook my pre req classes that I made C's in and am about to submit my application.I got accepted to the Summer 2020 term at the St. Augustine campus !!!![]()
When did you interview?
Awsome ! Im applying for Fall 2020. Do you mind sharing your stats? I am kind of in the same boat as you were. I just retook my pre req classes that I made C's in and am about to submit my application.
I actually mentioned these things a few pages back. I was interviewed 12/5. My stats are as follows:
cGPA: 3.0-3.1
pGPA: 3.47 (Retaking Physics II, taking the final this coming Tuesday)
GRE: 153 V 153 Q 4.0 AW
Hours: 1000+ in SNF, acute care, private, and rehab.
Good luck!
I actually mentioned these things a few pages back. I was interviewed 12/5. My stats are as follows:
cGPA: 3.0-3.1
pGPA: 3.47 (Retaking Physics II, taking the final this coming Tuesday)
GRE: 153 V 153 Q 4.0 AW
Hours: 1000+ in SNF, acute care, private, and rehab.
Good luck!
Darn it! I was hoping I knew someone from my interview on here, lol. I know the other person I interviewed with wasn't even aware of student doctor network.
For people applying for Fall 2020, is the 12/16 deadline soft or a hard deadline? Can we still submit our applications after the 16th? Thanks in advance. I know summer 2020 was extended
From what I understand it's a soft deadline.For people applying for Fall 2020, is the 12/16 deadline soft or a hard deadline? Can we still submit our applications after the 16th? Thanks in advance. I know summer 2020 was extended
FSUDPT1997
New Member
Thanks!I actually mentioned these things a few pages back. I was interviewed 12/5. My stats are as follows:
cGPA: 3.0-3.1
pGPA: 3.47 (Retaking Physics II, taking the final this coming Tuesday)
GRE: 153 V 153 Q 4.0 AW
Hours: 1000+ in SNF, acute care, private, and rehab.
Good luck!
My overall GPA is a 3.42. I am currently retaking Bio 1 and A&P 2(Will make and A and B+). GRE is: 148Q and 150V and 3.5 on writing. Hours wise is what I am really slacking on. I have around 100 out patient and 20 planned in patient. I have worked at a medical practice for the past few years though so I hope that experience will help me out. I am about to submit my app once the grades are in !
Last edited:
I just got my acceptance to san Marcos spring flex cohort! Anyone else going to be in the flex program and want to connect?
Congrats! I am also part of the San Marcos Spring 2020 Flex cohort.
Hey guys, so I accepted my seat for the summer 2020 saint aug campus back in November. I set up my email and paid the deposit and everything. I’ve been trying to get in touch with Sarah, my enrollment advisor, for weeks to find out about how we go about doing the background check, fingerprints, drug test and immunizations. Does anyone know who we do that through and how we get the results to the school? Can I go ahead and just do it now? Thanks!
FutureDPT95
Full Member
I’m in the spring 2020 class, you’ll need to wait for the back ground check and stuff until you get an email with your clinical education welcome letter. That’ll give you info on where to get things done and how to purchase it, it’s through a site and package. You can start getting your immunizations now, then upload them when you get access to the site to do so.Hey guys, so I accepted my seat for the summer 2020 saint aug campus back in November. I set up my email and paid the deposit and everything. I’ve been trying to get in touch with Sarah, my enrollment advisor, for weeks to find out about how we go about doing the background check, fingerprints, drug test and immunizations. Does anyone know who we do that through and how we get the results to the school? Can I go ahead and just do it now? Thanks!
how long was the deadline to get everything done? I'm curious for personal reasons.I’m in the spring 2020 class, you’ll need to wait for the back ground check and stuff until you get an email with your clinical education welcome letter. That’ll give you info on where to get things done and how to purchase it, it’s through a site and package. You can start getting your immunizations now, then upload them when you get access to the site to do so.
FutureDPT95
Full Member
I start January 13th and everything is due by orientation on the 10th. They aren’t like extremely strict on things, if you don’t have something done you can still start and get it done when you can. I personally will be missing the second dose of a vaccine when I start.how long was the deadline to get everything done? I'm curious for personal reasons.
Anyone apply for USA early decision? Which campus and have you heard anything back yet?
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also which campus and term(spring,summer,fall) is easiest to get into, and does early decision help?Hello! I did not apply early decision, but I applied for the Spring 2020 cohort for the San Marcos campus. I had a scheduled phone call with the enrollment advisor yesterday morning and she said that I would be hearing back in the next 1-2 weeks with a decision from the admissions committee. If they offer me an interview she told me that they are doing them once a month from now through December.
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also which campus and term(spring,summer,fall) is easiest to get into, and does early decision help?I didn't know that about the interviews. I originally applied ED but I thought I would have the option of selecting the term I wanted. This wasn't the case. So I have to wait until November to hear their decision for the summer 2020 class... And I applied to the Austin, Texas campus! Good luck with everything!
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also which campus and term(spring,summer,fall) is easiest to get into, and does early decision help?Do you know if she submitted your application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also which campus and term(spring,summer,fall) is easiest to get into, and does early decision help?I had an interview in May and was put on the waitlist for Fall 2019, I can answer questions you might have about the interview. Just message me.
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also which campus and term(spring,summer,fall) is easiest to get into, and does early decision help?I was accepted same day too!
RenéSalinas9
Full Member
Hi, Does anyone else have an interview for February 28th?
I will be there the 28th. After many denials, few interviews.. this is very relieving. I applied for the Summer 202 flex program in Austin.
Well Congrats on the interview invite. I applied for the residential program. Goodluck!!I will be there the 28th. After many denials, few interviews.. this is very relieving. I applied for the Summer 202 flex program in Austin.
RenéSalinas9
Full Member
Well Congrats on the interview invite. I applied for the residential program. Goodluck!!
Good luck to you as well! I am sure I will see you Friday Morning.
Hey, so I'm applying to the fall 2020 cohort, but they haven't officially submitted my application to admissions yet. Because they have a "soft deadline" should i be worried? Because they aren't returning any emails or calls.Nice! Im currently applying for Fall 2020 at the St.Augustine Campus . My advisor told me I should wait to submit after the deadline(12/16) because I am currently taking 2 courses over for a better grade. Those grades should be in 12/18. Apparently they have a very soft deadline and they said it should not be a problem if I submit a little late.
southernbrooklynbridge
Full Member
So I missed my phone call from my enrollment advisor on December 30th and in the voicemail she said she would call back after the holiday. She never did and I couldn’t call her back because there wasn’t a call back number. But, I got an email on Monday saying my application was under review. I’m a little uncertain because in her voicemail she said that the phone call was required before the application could be submitted for review. Any insight or advice??
Hi everyone,
So I applied for Summer 2020 for the San Marcos campus when the deadline was November 1st. (I’ve seen online that deadlines were extended). I talked to the enrollment advisor to submit my application after review shortly after that deadline. I was wondering if anyone else are still waiting to hear back? Does it usually take awhile to hear back?
So I applied for Summer 2020 for the San Marcos campus when the deadline was November 1st. (I’ve seen online that deadlines were extended). I talked to the enrollment advisor to submit my application after review shortly after that deadline. I was wondering if anyone else are still waiting to hear back? Does it usually take awhile to hear back?
I was told that they focus on the upcoming term as their priority. So because I am applying to the Fall 2020 instead of the most upcoming recent term the replied this to me in an email.Hi everyone,
So I applied for Summer 2020 for the San Marcos campus when the deadline was November 1st. (I’ve seen online that deadlines were extended). I talked to the enrollment advisor to submit my application after review shortly after that deadline. I was wondering if anyone else are still waiting to hear back? Does it usually take awhile to hear back?
"Admissions typically does not begin reviewing applications until after the designated deadline. It could take anywhere between 2-8 weeks to be evaluated and either given a final decision or be moved forward for an interview. As Fall 2020 is not our current priority, we are unable to give you a timeline of review."
I applied to the San Marcos location, and they got back to me in 6 days. During the interview, the admissions advisor said the earliest a decision was made was in 2 days. I'm not sure if its the same in the St. Augustine location though.For people who interviewed and were accepted to the St Augustine campus- how long did it take to hear a decision back? They said 3-4 weeks but the other schools I’ve interviewed at have sent out decisions much earlier than they quoted. Thanks!
For people who interviewed and were accepted to the St Augustine campus- how long did it take to hear a decision back? They said 3-4 weeks but the other schools I’ve interviewed at have sent out decisions much earlier than they quoted. Thanks!
I interviewed 12/6 and heard back 12/12.
HopefulPT824
Full Member
Hi! I was accepted for the summer 2020 cohort last Friday!! I was wondering if anyone is looking for roommates? I’m freaking out a little since the start is so soon haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind telling me what your stats were?Hi! I was accepted for the summer 2020 cohort last Friday!! I was wondering if anyone is looking for roommates? I’m freaking out a little since the start is so soon haha
Hi! I was accepted for the summer 2020 cohort last Friday!! I was wondering if anyone is looking for roommates? I’m freaking out a little since the start is so soon haha
What location?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HopefulPT824
Full Member
Oh shoot forgot to mention it’s the San Marcos locationWhat location?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HopefulPT824
Full Member
My stats were on the low end, but I think my experience in the field and maybe my personal statement are what helped balance it haha. So for anyone with low stats, there’s hope!!Do you mind telling me what your stats were?
CGPA: 3.02
PGPA: 3.46
GRE: V-147, Q-148, A-4.0
Hours: over 2500 in outpatient, 200 inpatient; I volunteered in many outpatient clinics in SoCal and 2 outpatient clinics in NYC. One of the clinics in NY specialized in Broadway performers, and I was able to expound on that in my interview. I feel like the professor was really interested in my experience there! I did my inpatient hours at a hospital and a SNF. Also, I have been working as a PT aide for about 3.5 years now
smjsquat90
New Member
Oh shoot forgot to mention it’s the San Marcos location
Congrats! When did you interview? (Interview date)
