St. Augustine vs. CSUN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darin33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm new on here and have a question. Beyond the information that can be found on their websites, can anybody say whether one school is better than the other in terms of internship and examination preparation? USA is about 20k more than CSUN, but USA is a shorter program. I've read some positive information on USA's program on here, but I haven't found much comparing it to CSUN. Does anybody have any special insight? (i.e. have friends in each program)

And if they are both good schools, is it better to finish earlier and pay 20k more?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on how much you will save on living expenses. If you graduate from USA six months sooner and save $10k, then the difference is only $10k. At that point you should go to the school that attracts you more. I'm from the East Coast and know nothing about CSUN (is that Northridge?). However, $20k is definitely worth considering. I love USA but it is pricey, and I recommend you keep expenses as low as possible.

If CSUN has a high pass rate then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't go there. Visit each school and see what you think.

Kevin

yeah, if you can go to a cheaper school, go!

Here's a way you can look at it. If you finish 6 months quicker, can you earn at least $20k by working 6 months earlier rather than attending school that's longer and cheaper? The faster you graduate, the faster you can start making $$$