St. George's University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview was January 30th, and I heard March 4th. So it was about a months wait. My interviewer told me she would get all her materials to the admissions committee in a week, but I think some of the interviews take longer than that. For me it took about a month, but I think it can take significantly longer.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted for August! But I will be turning it down for Auburn.

Did you guys being anything to your interview? Like a list if questions or grades or something

Members don't see this ad :)
I brought a copy of my resume and application in case she needed anything, but I didn't find that I really needed them.

Okay thanks! What did you carry it in?

I have a resume/ portfolio cover type thing, but I think a neutral colored folder would be fine. I would recommend brings some loose leaf and a writing utensil as well to write down any notes or contact information.

What kinds of questions did you guys ask your interviewer?

I asked my interviewer just about her daily life on the island, if she felt safe there, if there was any crime, and also how she felt going into her clinical year in the US. She was very helpful and offered me her email if I thought of any other questions. I think it's great to have an alumni interview you, they know exactly what you are feeling and what you are going through and can give you first hand info on their experiences.

Oh my gosh! My interview is tomorrow and I'm officially nervous.

Did you guys being anything to your interview? Like a list if questions or grades or something

I brought a list of question written in a spiral notebook. I'm glad I did bc I think I would've forgotten to ask things I was interested about bc of my nerves!

I asked about the process of getting into a residency program (if you end up going where you want), crime, getting around, a typical day's schedule and the cost of regular household items/how much did she bring with her from home. I have dogs and she had a dog while she was there so she gave me helpful tips on that. Also, I thought a helpful tip that she gave was to not bring any electrical converters with you from the US bc they all break. It's better to buy the ones sold in Grenada. I haven't been accepted ( :xf: ), but I hope I get the chance to use her advice!!!

Oh mann! I just had my interview yesterday and my interviewer got me so excited about SGU! She had so many great experiences to share.

She said I should hear back within a week or two... but I'm reading earlier responses and it took some people a month! I want to know nowww!

Oh mann! I just had my interview yesterday and my interviewer got me so excited about SGU! She had so many great experiences to share.

She said I should hear back within a week or two... but I'm reading earlier responses and it took some people a month! I want to know nowww!

me too! She told me it should only be a couple of weeks. I don't know what to do in the meantime besides refresh my email over and over again.:(

Members don't see this ad :)
me too! She told me it should only be a couple of weeks. I don't know what to do in the meantime besides refresh my email over and over again.:(

Ah it's so real now! All that anticipation for the interview. Now anticipation to see if we get in!

I brought a list of question written in a spiral notebook. I'm glad I did bc I think I would've forgotten to ask things I was interested about bc of my nerves!

Thanks so much! I ended up getting one of those leather pad holders to put my application, my questions, and a legal pad for information. It was perfect and really helpful.

FYI, I don't know what their standard timeline is but I interviewed on the 28th of January and I haven't heard a thing. It doesn't matter because even if I get in I will be rejecting my seat to attend UF.

I took me about 5 weeks to hear after my intetview

Keep in touch with krista don't be afraid to ask her when you should hear. That's what she is ther for

Woohoo, 4 weeks after the interview invite they have finally found me an alumni to chat with! It's over skype though...anyone have any tips or hints about doing an interview over skype?

Do they still make you write that mini essay?

Tanks! :)

I did my interview last month over skype. It was very laid back. They emailed me the essay questions about 20 minutes before my interview time and I had to still write the essay. The skype interview was about 30 min. They asked a bunch of questions from on here, so I would read over those. Then some specifics about my experiences. Then tshe gave me time to ask questions too. It really was not bad at all, so don't sweat it. It was the easiest school to interview at. Good luck!

I took me about 5 weeks to hear after my intetview

We're you told a timeline at your interview? My interviewer told me 1-2 weeks. Hmm. I want to know now haha!

My interview was jan 18 she told me it could be as soon as two weeks but i might not hear until march. I got my acceptance letter on February 23 via email. It was about 4.5 weeks after 3 I started calling Krista and she told me I could expect to hear by February 20.

Or that she was hoping to have a decision by then.

I'm not sure what SGU is doing with my application. I interviewed in December and they still haven't made a decision. Krista said I would hear by February 23rd, but when I e-mailed her then there still wasn't a determination.

I would continue to email her. I was nervous at first but I honestly think it shows that you really want it so dont be afraid to email her frequently.

My interview was Jan 17 and I still haven't heard anything. I've emailed a couple of times and have been told "It should be any day now!" I finally called on Friday and Krista seemed a little POed and told me it normally takes 4-6 weeks. When I pointed out it's been 8 weeks she said she would speak with the committee and try and get me a decision next week. I have no idea what to think about the delay....

Not sure whats going on then wish I could offer more to help. Will keep my fingers crossed for you guys

Just got my acceptance email! Huge relief:)

I also got my acceptance e-mail today. Called to turn down in favor of my in-state school :luck:. Just to let you guys know the time frame I interviewed on the 3rd of February. To give you some idea of comparisons to other schools I was accepted to UGA, waitlisted at Auburn and rejected without interview :mad: at Penn.

I hope someone on SDN gets my spot!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

I also got my acceptance e-mail today. Called to turn down in favor of my in-state school :luck:. Just to let you guys know the time frame I interviewed on the 3rd of February. To give you some idea of comparisons to other schools I was accepted to UGA, waitlisted at Auburn and rejected without interview :mad: at Penn.

I hope someone on SDN gets my spot!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Thanks so much for the information! Congrats on your in state!

OMG congratulations!! Like just now?? Like at 9pm or whatever time it is where you're at?
It was sent around 4 pm EST, it actually went to my spam folder, which was weird b/c all the other emails from Krista went straight to my inbox!

Just had my interview over Skype! Went super well, was conversational, and my interviewer was very down to earth! :) I hope I hear good news soon!

Did your I interviewer give you a timeline to hear back?

Did your I interviewer give you a timeline to hear back?
He told me that he'll put his paperwork in on Monday. And then they will review everything in the NY office, then info will be sent to Grenada where it will be reviewed, and then it will come back to NY. He essentially told me to give it a few weeks and nudge Krista once in a while to get an update. So I'm guessing it will be a while till I hear from them.

Especially since it took them about 4 weeks to find an alumni to interview me!

Yeah it took a while for me to get my info too. I had my interview two weeks ago and I'm so antsy! It's a long and strenuous wait!

Thanks for the breakdown though. I makes sense now why it takes so long.

Does anyone know what the class size is? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Does anyone know what the class size is? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

i dont think there is a set class size. prior to Aug 2012, class sizes were always well below 100. Aug 2012 had 104 start and Jan 2013 had 110. Honestly I think the students (and faculty) are hoping that the administration will come to their senses and decrease the number to under 100 (preferably less than 90) because our program was not built to support the numbers we currently have. The main veterinary building classrooms are not big enough to support 100+ student classes and a lot of our labs are being cut in half to accommodate space. there's definitely concern that the program is headed in a "Ross" direction where the school makes the first 1-2 semesters weed-out semesters. While theres nothing wrong with losing people that truly aren't cut out for the professional program, all students lose out when there is less space and hands-on capabilities (we're not there yet), and it's a lot of debt for students to take on just to fail out during their 1st year because the program has shifted from supportive to weed out

I didn't apply to SGU through VMCAS, so how does April 15th apply to me? Should I be counting on not hearing from them before that date? Do you think they are waiting to see who will accept their current offers before sending out new ones/rejections?

I was just informed I was accepted into the Foundations program! :soexcited: I understand that my deposit is non-refundable, but does anyone know if that means I'm also legally bound to my seat? (I.e.: I'm on the waitlist for another school, so I'd like to know which schools I'm accepted to before I decide where I'm definitely going, and I most likely won't know if I got into that school until after SGU's deposit deadline).

I was just informed I was accepted into the Foundations program! :soexcited: I understand that my deposit is non-refundable, but does anyone know if that means I'm also legally bound to my seat? (I.e.: I'm on the waitlist for another school, so I'd like to know which schools I'm accepted to before I decide where I'm definitely going, and I most likely won't know if I got into that school until after SGU's deposit deadline).

Yay! Congrats!! I emailed Krista on Monday for a status update and she hasn't emailed me back yet. It's making me nervous.

I think you're best bet is to call someone in admissions. What school are you waiting on?

What is the foundations program? Also, Has anyone heard back for winter 2014 St. George's class?
And congrats to all the acceptances!

Congrats!! When did you interview? I'm still waiting to hear from them. I interviewed the first week of March. Yikes! Now I'm even more nervous!

What's that April 15th thing mentioned above?

Nevermind.... got the bad news today...rejected.

Checked the online app and it said to call the admissions office