Hey guys, IMG here!
This was the only forum that helped me go through the step 3 examination, so now that it's over for me I think that it is imperative to share my experience and help any future cadidates!
Resources:
- UWorld for step 3
- My step 2 CK notes
Preparation- Dedicated only (Mid-March- Mid-May)
- 13 Mar- 22 Mar: Step 2 CK notes-review all
- 23 Mar: UWSA--> 204
- 25 Mar- 28 Mar: CCS UWorld
- 29 Mar- 4 Apr: UWorld (2blocks/day)
- 5 Apr- 7 Apr: CCS UWorld
- 8 Apr- 11 Apr: UWorld (2blocks/ day)
- 14 Apr- 20 Apr: Step 2 CK notes-review all
- 21 Apr: NBME--> 490
- 23 Apr- 24 Apr: CCS UWorld
- 25 Apr- 30 Apr: UWorld (2blocks/day)
- 1 May- 2 May: Step 2 CK notes- review
- 3 May: NBME--> 480
- 4 May- 11 May: Step 2 CK notes- review continue
- 13 May: DAY 1
- 13 May- 15 May: CCS UWorld
- 16 May: DAY 2--> final score: 232
Comments
- Hours per day
Studied 5-7h/ day. In contrast with the other USMLE I didn’t have much energy left towards the end of the day to keep studying.
- Go through UW CCS!
I found going through UW CCS 3 times really useful. I was very comfortable with almost all my cases. Here I posted some notes that I really found useful for the CCS section:
- Post- exam feelings:
After day 1 I didn’t feel like I did well. I felt that I could do better especially in the drug ads and research questions. In the contrary I did get right literally all the biostats questions. Many step 1 facts are also tested during the first day.
After day 2 I felt much much better. Although I knew I lost some multiple choice questions, I felt really comfortable with all my cases (only 1 exception, in which I couldn’t figure out the diagnosis and my patient kept deteriorating despite treatment). Nearly all 20-min cases and some of my 10-min cases ended early (which can give you a great boost in your beak time.. I started my CCS section with 12 minute break time left and when I finished the exam I had almost 40 minutes of break time left, even after having taken some breaks during the CCS section). Luckily, I had no lags at all during CCS.
So, that's it guys, finished with the USMLEs forever. Good luck to any future candidates and keep in mind that this is your last USMLE so be patient and get done with it
😀