spedroa

2+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
For me the same :( Let me know if anything changes for you.
I'll be refreshing the websites all day lol.. I'll keep you posted.
The scheduling permit link has disappeared but my status is still "approved"

eternalpaki

5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2013
Status
FSMB status changed to expired. Although my triad expired yesterday as well and no link to reapply.

And the print permit link disappeared. Hope the trick is accurate :D

spedroa

2+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
FSMB status changed to expired. Although my triad expired yesterday as well and no link to reapply.

And the print permit link disappeared. Hope the trick is accurate :D
My status changed to expired (checked at 6:50AM) and no link to reapply! My period was supposed to end on April 30. I really hope this trick is true!

Aug 12, 2017
Sunday afternoon permit link dissapeared, and today status changed from "approved" to "expired", and no yellow link to reapply.

I really hope the trick works!

If we'd failed there would be a yellow link, right? For me, there is just a gray box.

SamDabutcha

ASA Member
7+ Year Member
May 4, 2011
FSMB portal site is down for maintenance tonight...already checked for the step 3 trick, and there's no link..but I want to keep anxiously refreshing it anyhow. Hopefully just 4 more hours till we get answers!

Aug 12, 2017
FSMB portal site is down for maintenance tonight...already checked for the step 3 trick, and there's no link..but I want to keep anxiously refreshing it anyhow. Hopefully just 4 more hours till we get answers!
Do you know are we supposed to see the results after midnight?
Wow that would be great, I thought I was going to have to wait until Wed morning..

SamDabutcha

ASA Member
7+ Year Member
May 4, 2011
Scores are UP!!! Passed! Thank the lawd.

Also, the trick still works (at least for me!)

Last edited:

Ekimalito

2+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2016
Due for scores tomorrow I think.. my permit link disappeared this past Sunday but on the FSMB website my status still says approved and no link to reapply .. most ppl here says that the status changes on Monday.. wondering if that’s the case for everybody. Someone else took the exam with me and her status is still approved. Getting concerned here..

Mar 14, 2018
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Update: it worked for me, but considering someone in this thread said it didn't and 98 percent of people pass it, I wouldn't take it as gospel. Regardless, so relieved to be done with the stupid test.

Apr 9, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
i'm still awaiting for the result, exam 03/26 and 03/29. Hopefully next week.....anyone +/- in the same period?

supermario21

5+ Year Member
May 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Actually chrome stopped working but switched browsers and discovered my status changed to expired with the gray box and no link to apply so hopefully the trick works for me.

Apr 9, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
My status changed to expired and no link to apply but I have the gray box with this inside "Your Eligibility Extension has been approved. You may schedule your exam on any date prior to your new extended expiration date. No additional extensions will be granted for this Step 3 application. " ??

Dr.connect

2+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2015
Status
Medical Student
So I just read every post on here since the begining of this thread. I took my step 3 on 3/23 and 3/29. My permit link was gone when I checked on Sunday & on FSMB It said "approved" on status. This AM it says "expired" with a Grey box stating (Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience) with no yellow box or yellow link to reapply. Im hoping this trick works. (God willing)

Dr.connect

2+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2015
Status
Medical Student
My status changed to expired and no link to apply but I have the gray box with this inside "Your Eligibility Extension has been approved. You may schedule your exam on any date prior to your new extended expiration date. No additional extensions will be granted for this Step 3 application. " ??
From what I read, it's all. About if a yellow box or yellow link pops up in the Grey box under your expired status. Not sure if it matters what it says, yours vs mine.

Apr 15, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So based on my review of this thread... if you received the fsmb page stating "expired" with no yellow link below, it is an indicator that the score will likely show up as early as on midnight tuesday and no yellow link appears that you have passed the exam?

Apr 13, 2019
I still have the link for the permit and my status is still approved. I took my exam 3/25 and 3/30 ????

Apr 9, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
I still have the link for the permit and my status is still approved. I took my exam 3/25 and 3/30 ????
probably cuz your second day was a satuday, look like they consider the saturday like the next week, so far nobody know

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray_Sa
Apr 15, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Trick worked! Passed by the grace of God...not what I wanted but...it's a pass. 3rd year here I come.

Dr.connect

2+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Passed with 225. Alhamdullilah. God is the Greatest. No more USMLE forever! License here I come. Trick did work for me exactly as was discussed. Went from approved to expired on Sunday and no yellow link in the bottom to register. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: usmlemo1

Zane2001

2+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Passed with 225. Alhamdullilah. God is the Greatest. No more USMLE forever! License here I come. Trick did work for me exactly as was discussed. Went from approved to expired on Sunday and no yellow link in the bottom to register. Good luck everyone!
when did you give your exam?

Zane2001

2+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2014
Status
Medical Student
when did you give your exam?

supermario21

5+ Year Member
May 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
trick worked, passed. score right up at midnight. tested 3/26 and 3/28

did quite a bit better than UWSA, a bit below average but near my proximity to the mean as I did when I scored borderline pass/fail on the UWSAs.

Words of advice:
1. don't worry if you are in the high 180s/low 190s on a UWSA, you should be just fine as the mean on those is 204, the actual mean is around 225
2. take 1-2 days before day 1 and review the uworld stats front/back. will bank you lots of points as i didn't find the exam stats difficult at all
3. take a day off between day 1/2 and review CCS cases and practice the trial cases on ccscases.com. my 13 were quite straightforward, easier than practice. most difficult part is remembering to order everything at the end because many of the cases end shockingly early
4. relax, don't need more than uworld. take a 1 or 3 month subscription to everything and do it over 1 month hard or 2-3 months at a relaxed pace (like I did, still enjoyed weekends out when on elective, etc)

PGY-1 in IM. Had consult month in January and outpatient primary care in March so that was my relaxed study period

Mar 25, 2019
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Anyone else take there exam around April 4/7 that are waiting for results? My link is still up and status on fsmb is showing approved.