1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Step II CK, should I release my SWEET score?

Discussion in 'Radiation Oncology' started by napoleondynamite, Feb 14, 2007.

1. napoleondynamite

napoleondynamite Keepin' it real yo
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So I just got my step II CK score back today, and got the same STELLAR score that I did on Step I :idea: I'm not sure what my problem is, I guess I'm just a little tarded apparently.

Anyway, I chose not to automatically release my scores to ERAS, so programs have only seen my Step I score. I have taken Step 2CS and passed, and now I also have my CK score (205). My question is, should I release my score even though it sucks? I had one program ask me when I was going to take 2CK..do you think that means they'll want to see it in order to rank me?

I guess my dilemma is that if I don't release it, is there a chance some programs wouldn't rank me for fear that I would flunk 2CK and they would get screwed in the match? Perhaps they just want the reassurance that I passed and won't even consider what I got? But if I do release, I wonder if programs will be like, "we knew it! What a dummy" and then not rank me or drop me lower in the list.

I'm sure I'm overanalyzing this to death. But I would appreciate anyones guidance on this issue. Thanks.

2. Programs rank order lists are set in a week. I doubt they will even look at it.

3. CNphair

CNphair Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Its late in the game...I would not worry about it. Most programs set their lists pretty soon after finishing interviews.

I did release my Step 2 score, and I assure you it did not change anything. Actually, several people said to me..."Oh we don't care about that one." I think it matters a lot more for the primary care specialties.

My advice would be to not worry about releasing it, submit your list, and start some anti-anxiety meds to get through the next month. Just kidding on the last point...(sorta)

4. OP
    OP
    napoleondynamite

napoleondynamite Keepin' it real yo
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Alright, thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll hold off on submitting it as it can probably only hurt me if they do see it. I guess I'm just a little worried about the 2 programs who asked when I was going to take the test. So the chance that not posting my score would be a deal-breaker vs. the chance of them seeing my score (and other programs too that didn't ask about it) is not worth it b/c even if they see it, they won't like it! :laugh: Thanks for the advice.

5. stephew

stephew SDN Super Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

i doubt there will be much movement in the rol now. if you dont like them just hang on.