Step II CK, should I release my SWEET score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

napoleondynamite

Keepin' it real yo
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my step II CK score back today, and got the same STELLAR score that I did on Step I :idea: I'm not sure what my problem is, I guess I'm just a little tarded apparently.

Anyway, I chose not to automatically release my scores to ERAS, so programs have only seen my Step I score. I have taken Step 2CS and passed, and now I also have my CK score (205). My question is, should I release my score even though it sucks? I had one program ask me when I was going to take 2CK..do you think that means they'll want to see it in order to rank me?

I guess my dilemma is that if I don't release it, is there a chance some programs wouldn't rank me for fear that I would flunk 2CK and they would get screwed in the match? Perhaps they just want the reassurance that I passed and won't even consider what I got? But if I do release, I wonder if programs will be like, "we knew it! What a dummy" and then not rank me or drop me lower in the list.

I'm sure I'm overanalyzing this to death. But I would appreciate anyones guidance on this issue. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Programs rank order lists are set in a week. I doubt they will even look at it.

Its late in the game...I would not worry about it. Most programs set their lists pretty soon after finishing interviews.

I did release my Step 2 score, and I assure you it did not change anything. Actually, several people said to me..."Oh we don't care about that one." I think it matters a lot more for the primary care specialties.

My advice would be to not worry about releasing it, submit your list, and start some anti-anxiety meds to get through the next month. Just kidding on the last point...(sorta)

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll hold off on submitting it as it can probably only hurt me if they do see it. I guess I'm just a little worried about the 2 programs who asked when I was going to take the test. So the chance that not posting my score would be a deal-breaker vs. the chance of them seeing my score (and other programs too that didn't ask about it) is not worth it b/c even if they see it, they won't like it! :laugh: Thanks for the advice.

i doubt there will be much movement in the rol now. if you dont like them just hang on.