Steps to draining tract dissection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s-m-t

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find a resource that has a step by step guide on how this surgery is performed.
Any help pointing me to the correct resource would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd imagine if anyone is going to have published drawings/diagrams/what not of the procedure, it'd be something authored by Pavletic. If he's still a bigwig on wound management/reconstruction, that is.

Last edited:
I'd imagine if anyone is going to have published drawings/diagrams/what not of the procedure, it'd be something authored by Pavletic. If he's still a bigwig on wound management/reconstruction, that is.

Saw a lecture by him just a few weeks ago, and he's getting ready to put out a new book (or updated edition) so I'd assume he's a good resource.

Never met him, never have heard him lecture, but I do love the man. He made it look so stupidly easy in his big red book (whatever edition that was), I was doing sliding and rotational flaps when I probably had no business doing them. It's fun to look back at how fearless you can be when you're young, dumb, and the only game in town within three hours radius. :) If the surgery requirements were nothing but soft tissue/trauma reconstruction, I would have boarded long ago and probably been happy as I enjoyed putting Humpty Dumpty's back together again.

I did find this: Atlas of Small Animal Wound Management and Reconstructive Surgery

If scroll up/down from the opening point, it should yield some information on draining tracts.

Last edited: