Strength of non science classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coto7061

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I was wondering what you thought on how important non science class strength was. My college makes you take classes such as gender studies and contemporary societies, etc... I already have a hard schedule this semester and was going to fill one of those categories with intro to theater. Does a different class like German literature or harder category class matter that much or grab the easy A?
 
Hi all,
I was wondering what you thought on how important non science class strength was. My college makes you take classes such as gender studies and contemporary societies, etc... I already have a hard schedule this semester and was going to fill one of those categories with intro to theater. Does a different class like German literature or harder category class matter that much or grab the easy A?

My only caution to you is not to sleep on gender studies courses. Butler will come for you. ;-)

ETA: I instruct undergraduate students and have witnessed students sign up for gender studies courses for the "easy A" only to get rocked by the theory. I'm not saying that some of them didn't pull an 'A' ouf of it, I'm just saying it was a lot more time and energy than they were prepared to spend in an already tough semester.
 
Hi all,
I was wondering what you thought on how important non science class strength was. My college makes you take classes such as gender studies and contemporary societies, etc... I already have a hard schedule this semester and was going to fill one of those categories with intro to theater. Does a different class like German literature or harder category class matter that much or grab the easy A?
No, it doesn't matter.