This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulMed777

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I withdrew from chem II earlier in the semester, but even with the lighter course load, school is just beating me down. I know where I went wrong- I started the semester with 7 classes (including labs). I am completing my associate degree and high school diploma at the same time (full time dual enrollment), but hadn't realized the way things have conflicted the way that they have (applications to transfer, graduation, etc.). I used to enjoy school- late nighters, the classes, really just everything. Now I just feel random anxiety all the time, and I don't even want to go. I know this is only a fraction of the level of difficultly of medical and becoming a doctor is my dream. I just can't shake this weird anxious feeling (like in the chest) and lack of academic confidence that has occurred during this semester, even though (despite the Ws for chem lecture and lab), I'm doing well. I've never felt like this before, even with a heavier course load. I don't know what's going on with me. Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

See a counselor. This sounds like an anxiety/depression manifestation. Also some burnout, truth be told.
In my opinion, it is in your best interest to slow down a bit. This is not a sprint! You’ll thank yourself long term!

Last edited:
See a counselor. This sounds like an anxiety/depression manifestation. Also some burnout, truth be told.
In my opinion, it is in your best interest to slow down a bit. This is not a marathon! You’ll thank yourself long term!

I agree with the above in that it seems like you're mostly just burnt out. The above poster, I believe, meant to say this IS a marathon, not a sprint. Take your time, no need to rush to get everything done at once. Also, coming from someone decently older than you, enjoy yourself and your current age. No need to rush to get everything done by 20 y/o.

I agree with the above in that it seems like you're mostly just burnt out. The above poster, I believe, meant to say this IS a marathon, not a sprint. Take your time, no need to rush to get everything done at once. Also, coming from someone decently older than you, enjoy yourself and your current age. No need to rush to get everything done by 20 y/o.

Whoops, yes. Excuse my error lol