Student Host Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted969405

For schools that do a student host program and email II applicants with information about these programs, would it be seen as a negative to not participate in this and instead book a hotel? On the flip side, would it be seen as a positive to do the program? I would just prefer to be with myself and do things like meditate during these stressful hours leading to the interview :D

Members don't see this ad.

For schools that do a student host program and email II applicants with information about these programs, would it be seen as a negative to not participate in this and instead book a hotel? On the flip side, would it be seen as a positive to do the program? I would just prefer to be with myself and do things like meditate during these stressful hours leading to the interview :D
At my school, we have no idea who utilized the student host program. I suspect that it's this way with most medical schools as well. The student host program is offered as a means of convenience for our interviewees, and for the opportunity to interact with current students in a non-monitored setting. Staying with a student host may help you argue "why this school" during the interview day. The only time it would hurt is if you were an *sshole to your host and it gets back to us (this very, very rarely happens).

Reactions: 1 users
Is it frowned upon to stay with a student host for two nights? Looking at flights for one of my interviews and return flights are all offered in the afternoon on that particular day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it frowned upon to stay with a student host for two nights? Looking at flights for one of my interviews and return flights are all offered in the afternoon on that particular day.

Did the form you fill out have you select dates? Or did they state only stay the night prior?
If the latter, you would just have to explain your situation to the host, say you can buy a hotel room if necessary but would really appreciate the extra night, and cross your fingers.

Reactions: 1 user
Did the form you fill out have you select dates? Or did they state only stay the night prior?
If the latter, you would just have to explain your situation to the host, say you can buy a hotel room if necessary but would really appreciate the extra night, and cross your fingers.

Thank you for the reply! I will definitely do that haha