Submitting through new AACOMAS application and then adding LOR recommenders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Mike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the new application system for AACOMAS, I can't find anywhere that says whether you can add Recommenders through AACOMAS after you submit the application. I know it says you can have letters sent in after, but it doesn't say if you have to put who the recommenders will be before submitting. I want to decide which recommenders I'll have write me LOR after I submit my application. Can I click the "I am not adding any evaluations," submit my application, and still go back after I submit to enter the recommenders? I am thinking no because:

It mentions sections you can change after submitting and that only says "references that have a status of "new" or "in-progress"

These are the only things I see:
Q: Can I e-submit my application before my references are received by AACOMAS?
A: Yes. Once you have successfully filled out your application, you can e-submit it to AACOMAS at any time.

No Changes Allowed After You E-submit
Once you submit your application, your AACOMAS application is locked and you may NOT make changes to it.
The only sections you may change after submitting include: your contact information, your password and security information, references that have a status of “new” or “in-progress”, and you may add additional colleges. You may also add NEW experiences, achievements, certifications, and test scores, but you may NOT edit those already entered. All other sections will be read-only. Make sure you review your application information closely before submitting to avoid any errors as these may not be corrected later.

Transcripts and References Not Required to E-Submit
You may submit your application at any time once the required information has been completed on the application, regardless as to whether or not your transcripts and letters of reference have been received by AACOMAS. Please note, however, AACOMAS will NOT begin to review your application until all of your transcripts and payments have been received. Once received, your application will be “complete”. Once your application becomes complete, it will be scheduled for verification.

Members don't see this ad.

For all those wondering the same thing, it only tells you this answer after you click you are opting out of adding references: "Once you have submitted, you will be able to add more evaluations"

You opted not to add any evaluations.

You may update the information in this section at any time prior to submission. Once you have submitted, you will be able to add more evaluations, but you will not be able to update or delete.

Reactions: 1 user