Sullivan University Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey every1, i am new to the forum but was wondering if anyone knew what the average gpa and pcat scores for individuals admitted to the school is? I watched the school being built and now that I am almost out of UL, I was considering pursuing school here.

Members don't see this ad.

hey every1, i am new to the forum but was wondering if anyone knew what the average gpa and pcat scores for individuals admitted to the school is? I watched the school being built and now that I am almost out of UL, I was considering pursuing school here.

My good chemist friend ;) told me the average GPA was 3.25 and 3.39 for the first and second classes respectively. I've not ran across pcat info. I'm finishing up this spring in the biology department at UofL :) Are you a bio major?

i am finishing up my bio major with my last lab this semester and finishing up my sociology in the summer. thanks for the info

Members don't see this ad :)
i am finishing up my bio major with my last lab this semester and finishing up my sociology in the summer. thanks for the info

PCAT is not required, so it is unlikely that you will find any statistics for this year's class. However the previous classes had to take it, but I wouldn't worry about the PCAT for this school, unless you are taking it to apply else where.

so...does anyone know how the alternate list works?

Happy New Year to you all. I received an email from Ms. Paige and I was told that "There are over 100 on the alternate list. " hehehe.... not 80 people; it is >100 students are waitlisted for class of 2013. GOod luck everyone:xf::xf::xf:
On a related note, I ran into a friend that applied in Nov. She says she has a February interview invite. The plot thickens :scared: With all this snow, its impossible to find one of these :luck: Anyone want to mail me some while I wait on adcom's decision? :p

On a related note, I ran into a friend that applied in Nov. She says she has a February interview invite. The plot thickens :scared: With all this snow, its impossible to find one of these :luck: Anyone want to mail me some while I wait on adcom's decision? :p

I'm cheering for you buddy. Hopefully you gain a favorable ADCOM decision soon. :xf:

Are you also waitlisted? Did they give you the number? While you are waiting for pulling off from waiting list, you should improve your application file. Good luck :xf::xf::xf:

Are you also waitlisted? Did they give you the number? While you are waiting for pulling off from waiting list, you should improve your application file. But if you couldn't get in this year, you may have higher chance next year compare to the next admission cycle; this is what I was told by Ms. Paige. So, we are ahead of those applicant in next admission cycle but it just takes time. Good luck:xf::xf::xf:

Are you also waitlisted? Did they give you the number? While you are waiting for pulling off from waiting list, you should improve your application file. But if you couldn't get in this year, you may have higher chance next year compare to the next admission cycle; this is what I was told by Ms. Paige. So, we are ahead of those applicant in next admission cycle but it just takes time. Good luck:xf::xf::xf:

I have a couple of friends here waiting to hear from Sullivan. They aren't even sure if they are wait listed. But as I'm doing for them, I'm rooting for you! :luck:

You can call to find out if you're waitlisted or not. They already have the answer. I've been waitlisted as well. =(

Members don't see this ad :)
F.Y.I.---you can also call and talk to Paige and find out what number you are on the list...I have moved up three spots since I originally was placed on the list from number 11, to number 8! The list is moving and it is only January so do not lose hope!

Has anybody (already accepted) received anything after the background check request..........any thing regarding finacial aid specifically or in general!!!!!!!!! or just wait for the w-2's and fill out ourselves or anything else needed to do????? please advise Thank you

No, I am from so cal.

Do you know much of anything about Louisville, KY? I have lived here all my life so if you have any questions feel free to ask or you can always PM me if you don't want to put it out there in public.

Has anybody (already accepted) received anything after the background check request..........any thing regarding finacial aid specifically or in general!!!!!!!!! or just wait for the w-2's and fill out ourselves or anything else needed to do????? please advise Thank you

I contacted Paige because I haven't heard anything back. She told me that Financial Planning would contact you directly for a personal meeting.

Do you know much of anything about Louisville, KY? I have lived here all my life so if you have any questions feel free to ask or you can always PM me if you don't want to put it out there in public.

Thanks Wes! :D

Guess I need to start a lease earlier than I had expected. lol
The plan was to try and move in some place those two days (since my lease here isn't up til the end of July), but guess not. :rolleyes:

Have you been down here to look at apartments yet?

Wait-listed

Hit me like a ton of bricks. I interview on the 18th of Dec and just found out on friday. My gpa is 3.3, PCAT 84, certified pharmacy tech, have pharmacy experience, parent is a retired pharmacist, will graduate with a biology degree this May. I understand that my gpa is a little low. I explained to them that I worked fulltime while going to school for a long time, and since I've been relatively recently in a position where I haven't had to work full time, I've been pulling 3.7+semesters. Oh well, I'm going to apply to Cincinnati and UK next admissions cycle.

For my next year, I've debated between taking a professor's offer of doing research in the pharmacology department down at UL's med school while working full time at an inpatient hospital pharmacy (as opposed to continuing to work at Walgreens) OR going back and finishing up a BS in chemistry as it would only be an additional 6-7 classes beyond my biology degree. Thoughts anyone?

Wait-listed

Hit me like a ton of bricks. I interview on the 18th of Dec and just found out on friday. My gpa is 3.3, PCAT 84, certified pharmacy tech, have pharmacy experience, parent is a retired pharmacist, will graduate with a biology degree this May. I understand that my gpa is a little low. I explained to them that I worked fulltime while going to school for a long time, and since I've been relatively recently in a position where I haven't had to work full time, I've been pulling 3.7+semesters. Oh well, I'm going to apply to Cincinnati and UK next admissions cycle.

For my next year, I've debated between taking a professor's offer of doing research in the pharmacology department down at UL's med school while working full time at an inpatient hospital pharmacy (as opposed to continuing to work at Walgreens) OR going back and finishing up a BS in chemistry as it would only be an additional 6-7 classes beyond my biology degree. Thoughts anyone?

You know how I feel on this one amigo, pretty much right there with you. Time to persevere.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. I think getting the BS in chemistry could be an interesting idea as you'd have a double degree which would really set you up nicely for pharmacy school coursework. Pharmacology research and inpatient pharmacy experience is also a big plus. I think the important thing is that you follow through on one of these ideas and go from there. If you don't make it in off the waitlist this year, atleast next year you can show that you used your time wisely to help prepare for a career in pharmacy.

Wait-listed

I'd go with the chem degree, because you won't have to start paying back loans....if you have any. That's my opinion. Either that or find out where you are on the waitlist and see if you have a good chance of getting in.

Remember, the waitlist isn't all bad. And like always: :luck:

I guess everyone got this email last monday. SUCOP is moving up. They closed their cycle for Class of 2013 earlier than I thought. Congrats on those who were accepted. For those who were placed in an alternative list including myself, We can try it for the class of 2014. Let's not give up! :p
January 25, 2010
Dear Applicant:
Thank you for your application to our Doctor of Pharmacy program! We wish to inform you that all seats for the Class of 2013 have been filled at this time. As in previous years, the College has received far more applications than available seats. This is a trend shared by colleges of pharmacy across the country and markedly increases the competition for admission. While the Admissions and Student Affairs Committee carefully reviews all completed applications, it is simply not possible to invite all applicants for an interview and/or acceptance into the class. There are many reasons that this could occur. It may be that applicants submit late in the admissions cycle or, perhaps, an applicant's grade point average falls below the minimum stated in our Admissions Criteria.
However; if you wish to keep your file active for our Admissions and Student Affairs Committee to consider for the Class of 2014, please send us an email. If you choose to do so, all that is necessary to send is an updated transcript.
The College wishes you all the best in your career choice.
Regards,
Frank P. Facione, R.Ph, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs

I guess everyone got this email last monday. SUCOP is moving up. They closed their cycle for Class of 2013 earlier than I thought. Congrats on those who were accepted. For those who were placed in an alternative list including myself, We can try it for the class of 2014. Let's not give up! :p
January 25, 2010
Dear Applicant:
Thank you for your application to our Doctor of Pharmacy program! We wish to inform you that all seats for the Class of 2013 have been filled at this time. As in previous years, the College has received far more applications than available seats. This is a trend shared by colleges of pharmacy across the country and markedly increases the competition for admission. While the Admissions and Student Affairs Committee carefully reviews all completed applications, it is simply not possible to invite all applicants for an interview and/or acceptance into the class. There are many reasons that this could occur. It may be that applicants submit late in the admissions cycle or, perhaps, an applicant's grade point average falls below the minimum stated in our Admissions Criteria.
However; if you wish to keep your file active for our Admissions and Student Affairs Committee to consider for the Class of 2014, please send us an email. If you choose to do so, all that is necessary to send is an updated transcript.
Regards,
Associate Professor and

THank you, Pinky. :)

I think if you look out of state, the best option to do is to look at private colleges.

Hello, I was wondering if I can ask for your help. I'm a little discouraged...
After 4 CA school interviews, I've been designated as High Alternate for Touro, Active Consideration for USC, Hold for Western, and now...Hold for Pacific. To tell you the truth, I think it's the interviews that is keeping me from getting accepted. I'm a little introverted, but I still feel that it won't keep me from becoming a successful pharmacist.

If I don't get into a CA pharmacy school this year, I am planning to apply to about 15 out of state schools. Does anyone know if I will have a better chance out of state? I heard that some out of state schools (such as Sullivan) rate interviews using a standard score. Afterwards, they review the applicant's whole profile (paper application, GPA, extracurric's, LOR's) and assigns them a total standard score, which they will then use to admit the highest applicants in order based on their total standard score (unlike the CA schools, where they place a lot of emphasis on the interview). Anyone know if this is true for Sullivan, and what other schools do this? Thanks for your help.

Update: FYI here are my stats
School: UC Irvine, B.S. Biological Sciences
PharmCAS GPA: 3.50
PharmCAS Math GPA: 4.0
PharmCAS Science GPA: 3.41
PharmCAS Non-Science GPA: 3.58
Extracurriculars: In-Home Tutoring, Volunteer at Hospital Pharmacy for several months, UCI Red Cross, Intramural basketball, Research with professor several months, Pharmacy club, 250+ hours volunteering at various hospital departments

Are we beying health insurance from the school,or from private insurances while attending SUCOP?

Are we beying health insurance from the school,or from private insurances while attending SUCOP?

I believe on their website it says you have to have proof of insurance. I am guessing that means you are not getting it through the school. I'd contact them to be sure.

I may or may not have filled this out already last week while filing taxes in anticipation of being accepted even though I am currently wait-listed :whistle:

Yeah, I JUST got my W2 form, so I haven't gotten to it yet. Mom's doing it this weekend....btw, where are you on the wait list?

Yeah, I JUST got my W2 form, so I haven't gotten to it yet. Mom's doing it this weekend....btw, where are you on the wait list?
Not sure. I received an automated reply from Paige some time last week to my email about my position on the wait-list. It said she gets back tomorrow, so I guess I'll know then. I'm guessing its somewhere between 1 and 100 :p

I have a question please, help me if you know the answer of this question.
I have a four year degree and I am planning to go to SUCOM this year for the PharmD. I already have undergrad. federal loan preveously, is it possible to get more federal loan for the pharmacy school?

I have a question please, help me if you know the answer of this question.
I have a four year degree and I am planning to go to SUCOM this year for the PharmD. I already have undergrad. federal loan preveously, is it possible to get more federal loan for the pharmacy school?

You should call them directly. I think the financial aid people would have a better answer than we would.

You should call them directly. I think the financial aid people would have a better answer than we would.

It feels like it has been forever since I filled this out. Do you need to complete your taxes prior to filling out FAFSA or do you just need your W2s?

It feels like it has been forever since I filled this out. Do you need to complete your taxes prior to filling out FAFSA or do you just need your W2s?

Just your W2, I think. I'm pretty sure it tells you where to look for certain info, but I haven't filled it out myself since I was a freshman. You may want to ask. lol

Nervous,

just got an email back from Paige. # 20 on the alternative list. Reminds me of Dumb and Dumber:

Lloyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Lloyd: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

did anyone who submitted their application after Nov 1 get an interview invitation??

are they done with interviews alread??

Just your W2, I think. I'm pretty sure it tells you where to look for certain info, but I haven't filled it out myself since I was a freshman. You may want to ask. lol

I went to FAFSA.gov and printed me out a checklist, so I need to do my taxes apparently. Good think my wife is a CPA. :D

Nervous,

just got an email back from Paige. # 20 on the alternative list. Reminds me of Dumb and Dumber:

Lloyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Lloyd: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
[pause]

LOL, that's great stuff Tristan. For the record, I love that movie.

Nervous,

[pause]

Whelp, keep your fingers crossed and hope that other people drop off the list....20 isn't too far down, so you might get lucky. :)

And I concur, great movie

After filling my FAFSA, they told me that I have EFC of 642. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

January 25, 2010
Dear Applicant:
Regards,
Associate Professor and

Can anyone else confirm that they received this email?
Thanks!