Sullivan University c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got my acceptance letter TODAY..
good luck to those who are waiting..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptance! Did they interview you again for this application cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I concur with what Joetrisman says. If you are coming to SUCOP, you better have good study habits. I have maintained all A's for 10 weeks and just have a feeling that I won't pull a 4.0 this QTR due to sheer volume of material. It's a program that requires you to stay current on material.

If I wasn't married with a kid, I would have applied to 4-year schools. In the grand scheme it is only another 10 months, but I think they are probably a little less intense.

Thanks Weso011 for the info. I will keep that in mind and make changes to my study habit and stuff..etc..

in respond to other posts,
I interviewed in November of 2009 and was put on the waitlist. This year, I didn't have to go through another interview. I just have to reactivate my file from last year. In addition, I also updated with them my letter of recommendation and let them know that I will be getting my degree in jan and that i will send in my transcript with my degree in there and stuff...just need to update with them better stats compare to last time tat is all.

Thank you for the response. Do you know how many people were on the waitlist from last year and what number you were?

I'm curious how many people will be accepted from the waitlist from last year before they start interviewing people this year.

Kinda ridiculous if you ask me.:mad:

Hey now, guys. I know it sucks that you have to wait on interview invites and stuff, but most schools don't even start interviewing until the end of the fall semester. I'm sure they're just busy with us right now, since our curriculum is a little different than before, and Dr. Facione is even teaching one of our classes, so give them a break. I wouldn't be surprised if they did all of the invites over our two week break as mentioned earlier. So take a deep breath, concentrate on your classes, pull off good grades, and I'm sure it will all turn out ok.

Just a few words to get you through. Finals start tomorrow, so I guess be expecting letters soon. They don't tell us anything, so we're speculating as well.

Hey now, guys. I know it sucks that you have to wait on interview invites and stuff, but most schools don't even start interviewing until the end of the fall semester. I'm sure they're just busy with us right now, since our curriculum is a little different than before, and Dr. Facione is even teaching one of our classes, so give them a break. I wouldn't be surprised if they did all of the invites over our two week break as mentioned earlier. So take a deep breath, concentrate on your classes, pull off good grades, and I'm sure it will all turn out ok.

Just a few words to get you through. Finals start tomorrow, so I guess be expecting letters soon. They don't tell us anything, so we're speculating as well.

I guess we'll see. Just kinda strange that most people have not received any correspondence from the school. Already received a bunch of info from another school I applied to.

california schools already send out invitations for interview and some rolling schools as well. hopefully sullivan will give us some signal as well.
good luck on your finals nervoushabit.
hope u nail them well ;)

california schools already send out invitations for interview and some rolling schools as well. hopefully sullivan will give us some signal as well.
good luck on your finals nervoushabit.
hope u nail them well ;)

SUCOP is hosting a nano tech conference at the school next week, I am pretty sure that is getting top priority. Also, there was a big debacle last year with how things were handled so I am pretty sure they don't want to make that mistake again. In addition to that, maybe they have a lot more applicants this year because they will have their 1st graduating class and as such will gain ACCREDITATION!!!

Doesn't surprise me that SUCOP hasn't made contact yet, there is a lot of stuff going on there in the next few weeks. Also, for every week or two they wait, they receive additional applicants so that in theory should give them a better selection pool for qualified applicants.

SUCOP is hosting a nano tech conference at the school next week, I am pretty sure that is getting top priority. Also, there was a big debacle last year with how things were handled so I am pretty sure they don't want to make that mistake again. In addition to that, maybe they have a lot more applicants this year because they will have their 1st graduating class and as such will gain ACCREDITATION!!!

Doesn't surprise me that SUCOP hasn't made contact yet, there is a lot of stuff going on there in the next few weeks. Also, for every week or two they wait, they receive additional applicants so that in theory should give them a better selection pool for qualified applicants.

Kinda defeats the purpose of rolling admissions, don't you think?

hmm..wat i think is that it's still a rolling admission because they have to look at files of those who had applied in the last application cycle first. Didn't u know that in the last cycle, after they finished interviewing for the class of 2013, they started interviewing ppl for class of 2014 ..which is u guys right now.. so i assume that those files will be reviewed first and then they will move on to those who just submitted their applicaition in June? there were a lot of ppl on the waitlist for class of 2013 and 2014 alrready, so these ppl will be reviewed first to see if they will get accepted or not.so last year's applicants will get priority over those who just submitted a few months ago... It's just my opinion..

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm..wat i think is that it's still a rolling admission because they have to look at files of those who had applied in the last application cycle first. Didn't u know that in the last cycle, after they finished interviewing for the class of 2013, they started interviewing ppl for class of 2014 ..which is u guys right now.. so i assume that those files will be reviewed first and then they will move on to those who just submitted their applicaition in June? there were a lot of ppl on the waitlist for class of 2013 and 2014 alrready, so these ppl will be reviewed first to see if they will get accepted or not.so last year's applicants will get priority over those who just submitted a few months ago... It's just my opinion..

I didn't interview last cycle, but good to know though.

omg, if i know this, i would definetely throw my application to sullivan last year :((

This wait is getting real old. No emails. no news or nothing. Basically there was no point in applying early if people that apply now and can get an interview before us.

down right frustrating. I know we have to wait but damn come on it's almost mid september and not one freaking email!

This wait is getting real old. No emails. no news or nothing. Basically there was no point in applying early if people that apply now and can get an interview before us.

down right frustrating. I know we have to wait but damn come on it's almost mid september and not one freaking email!
I'm def. with you guys on this, all I can say is to apply to other schools n not just depend on sucop. It is indeed frustrating. Who admits someone from a previous waiting list? does not make sense cos that was last year's pool, u can't compare that to the present applicant. I should have known better!

well..guys..hopefully after they finished with finals, u will start hearing from then soon..

Last edited:
Kinda defeats the purpose of rolling admissions, don't you think?

Nope not at all. Rolling admissions just means that when they start interviewing they can start accepting.

Get over it, **** happens. You can't control it so don't worry about it. If you are a strong applicant you will be fine.

Here's the thing, just because you are wait listed doesn't mean you aren't a strong applicant. I know a guy that was wait listed and his PCAT sores were something like 90s in the sciences and overall with around an 80. He got into class very very very late, and I am glad he did because he is the freaking smartest micro guy I have ever seen. Really, he could teach immunology now.

Nope not at all. Rolling admissions just means that when they start interviewing they can start accepting.

True, but doesn't it also mean that the earlier you apply, the better your chances? I mean what's the use of going through all the trouble to apply early if we will still be lumped in with people just now applying? If they set a deadline for "tier 1" being 07/15/10, then they should follow that system IMO.

^^

delano hit it right on the nail with every post he has said. It's not a problem that they are swamped, but we went out our way early just to get everything in early so we would be the FIRST group interviewed. They told me that on the phone before I even applied.

They need to get their butts in gear by sending us emails regarding the status of the situation and start sending interview invitations out.

SUCOP put a deadline on tier 1 for being accepted as 7/15/2010? I think not. They are right on schedule. I understand you all want to get the ball rolling, but there are some things you cannot control. Control what you can, and roll with what you can't. Probably some of the best advice you can have.

SUCOP put a deadline on tier 1 for being accepted as 7/15/2010? I think not. They are right on schedule. I understand you all want to get the ball rolling, but there are some things you cannot control. Control what you can, and roll with what you can't. Probably some of the best advice you can have.

They actually did have something (just not verbatim) like that on their website.

They actually did have something (just not verbatim) like that on their website.

I am pretty sure that is when they had applications due, or tier 1 would be people held over from last year they wanted to accept but got lost due to the # of slots.

This is straight off the website.

"Evaluation of completed applications will begin by July 15, 2010 and continue until the class is filled. This initial evaluation will determine which applicants will be eligible for an on-campus interview. A final evaluation will determine which applicants are eligible for admission. Given the extreme competitiveness of admissions to colleges and schools of pharmacy across the country, multiple criteria are utilized to select the most qualified candidates from the pool of applicants that far exceeds the number of seats available. "

This by no means states that people will be accepted by 7/15

This is straight off the website.

"Evaluation of completed applications will begin by July 15, 2010 and continue until the class is filled. This initial evaluation will determine which applicants will be eligible for an on-campus interview. A final evaluation will determine which applicants are eligible for admission. Given the extreme competitiveness of admissions to colleges and schools of pharmacy across the country, multiple criteria are utilized to select the most qualified candidates from the pool of applicants that far exceeds the number of seats available. "

This by no means states that people will be accepted by 7/15

I dont ever recall stating that people would or should have been accepted by 7/15. I was talking about them starting the review process for people that applied on or before that date.My issue is that no one knows where the school is on reviewing those apps. We have been waiting for some kinda response for 2 months, whether it's an interview invitation, rejection or some kind of update. I normally don't like to complain but this is really odd IMO.

Hey, now, I'm a bit afraid people are going to start virtually killing each other soon....There is a lot on everyone's plates right now. Applicants are freaking out because they haven't heard anything. Current students are freaking out because grades were posted today. Sullivan is freaking out because of the nano tech symposium, accreditation, preparing for the 2nd years and 1st years to come back, reviewing their APPE students (3rd years) to see how they're doing and what they can improve for the future classes, review applications, inviting people to interviews, and all at the same time, not catching the flu that has already appeared amongst the professors! It's stressful for all of us, so I'm going to say it again (and I hope you take my advice....mainly because I've noticed that when people don't, they always tell me I was right in the first place) TAKE A DEEP BREATH! FOCUS ON SCHOOL! GET GREAT GRADES! KEEP APPLYING! HAVE SOME FUN! And most importantly, DON'T GIVE UP YET! *I'm the cheerleader of the thread.* I feel like I should be saying "Go Team" after every post. :laugh:

If I hear any news from home base, I'll let you all know. As for now, don't virtually rip heads off. I'm enjoying my vacation. :p

Hey, now, I'm a bit afraid people are going to start virtually killing each other soon....There is a lot on everyone's plates right now. Applicants are freaking out because they haven't heard anything. Current students are freaking out because grades were posted today. Sullivan is freaking out because of the nano tech symposium, accreditation, preparing for the 2nd years and 1st years to come back, reviewing their APPE students (3rd years) to see how they're doing and what they can improve for the future classes, review applications, inviting people to interviews, and all at the same time, not catching the flu that has already appeared amongst the professors! It's stressful for all of us, so I'm going to say it again (and I hope you take my advice....mainly because I've noticed that when people don't, they always tell me I was right in the first place) TAKE A DEEP BREATH! FOCUS ON SCHOOL! GET GREAT GRADES! KEEP APPLYING! HAVE SOME FUN! And most importantly, DON'T GIVE UP YET! *I'm the cheerleader of the thread.* I feel like I should be saying "Go Team" after every post. :laugh:

If I hear any news from home base, I'll let you all know. As for now, don't virtually rip heads off. I'm enjoying my vacation. :p

Lol not arguing with wes. He is the one that encouraged me to apply initially. I'm just saying any communication would have been appreciated that's all.;)

This quote is in response to me saying that SUCOP said they would accept students by 7/15/2010. The devil is in the details Delano. Scroll up so you can read it all in context if you like.

Here's the thing. SUCOP, like every other pharmacy school, has a process. That process probably did begin on 7/15/2010. Unfortunately, you do not know the process so at what step is "contacting students for interviews" in the process. It is perfectly conceivable to think that the process has began, however, contacting students has not been reached yet.

Regardless, you should chill out. Control what you can, and roll with what you can not. It is just that simple.

This quote is in response to me saying that SUCOP said they would accept students by 7/15/2010. The devil is in the details Delano. Scroll up so you can read it all in context if you like.

Here's the thing. SUCOP, like every other pharmacy school, has a process. That process probably did begin on 7/15/2010. Unfortunately, you do not know the process so at what step is "contacting students for interviews" in the process. It is perfectly conceivable to think that the process has began, however, contacting students has not been reached yet.

Regardless, you should chill out. Control what you can, and roll with what you can not. It is just that simple.

Ok I misread what you wrote in one of your responses (you were asking about a deadline for accepting students being 7/15). I was not talking about being accepted but was referring to the date they would or should have started reviewing those apps sent in prior to 7/15.

PS. You initially misunderstood what I was talking about. Additionally its not nice being out of the loop. Something stating they are behind or whatever would be good.

Ok I misread what you wrote in one of your responses (you were asking about a deadline for accepting students being 7/15). I was not talking about being accepted but was referring to the date they would or should have started reviewing those apps sent in prior to 7/15.

PS. You initially misunderstood what I was talking about. Additionally its not nice being out of the loop. Something stating they are behind or whatever would be good.

At this point we have no control over what they decide to do with applications and when, all we can do is exercise more patience afterall we have come this far since june so we can make it to the end, we are in this together!

Does anyone know how Sullivan does there interviews?
Are they one specific days, mornings or afternoons?
Are they an all day affair?

Thanks

At this point we have no control over what they decide to do with applications and when, all we can do is exercise more patience afterall we have come this far since june so we can make it to the end, we are in this together!

Ok just to clear up any misunderstandings, I am not being impatient just curious as to whats going on. I already applied so I can wait. Just some kinda update would be nice.

Ok just to clear up any misunderstandings, I am not being impatient just curious as to whats going on. I already applied so I can wait. Just some kinda update would be nice.
yes, that is exactly i wanted to say. last year, i believe they started to interview in september (so they probably sent out emails for invitation during august), and this year we have not received any email update about the application yet. i know they are going for something changes, and a conference kinda thing. but at least, an email update about what is going on would be nice.
also, i still don't know if they are already cash the $100 check out yet.

yes, that is exactly i wanted to say. last year, i believe they started to interview in september (so they probably sent out emails for invitation during august), and this year we have not received any email update about the application yet. i know they are going for something changes, and a conference kinda thing. but at least, an email update about what is going on would be nice.
also, i still don't know if they are already cash the $100 check out yet.
Oh yes they cashed my check way back

I totally agree and understand especially after cashing our checks, we deserve to know what is going on. defeats the purpose of rolling admission

You guys are ridiculous. I am one of the original people who applied early last year, got the interview, didn't get in, and got put on the waitlist. I was in here with wes, and the other people who got in, was happy for them, and didn't b*tch and moan like the rest of you because you haven't heard anything. I didn't make the cut so big deal. I got accepted to UC Berkeley Post Bac Health program, been killing it since I been there, and making sure that what ever school I apply to in the future, I will get in all of them! You people act like Sullivan University is the only pharmacy school in the world. I, myself, would love to get in this year like the rest of you. But dont let Sullivan University control your emotions over a funky 100.00 application fee. They, nor does any other pharmacy school owe you anything. The only thing you can be worried about is improving your application currently just in case you DONT get in. Getting pissed off because you haven't heard anything in September sounds ridiculous. Most people dont hear anything in most schools until the first of the year. I wish all of you luck but please calm down. THe world needs more strong capable pharmacists not cry babies behind the counter wearing white lab coats.

You guys are ridiculous. I am one of the original people who applied early last year, got the interview, didn't get in, and got put on the waitlist. I was in here with wes, and the other people who got in, was happy for them, and didn't b*tch and moan like the rest of you because you haven't heard anything. I didn't make the cut so big deal. I got accepted to UC Berkeley Post Bac Health program, been killing it since I been there, and making sure that what ever school I apply to in the future, I will get in all of them! You people act like Sullivan University is the only pharmacy school in the world. I, myself, would love to get in this year like the rest of you. But dont let Sullivan University control your emotions over a funky 100.00 application fee. They, nor does any other pharmacy school owe you anything. The only thing you can be worried about is improving your application currently just in case you DONT get in. Getting pissed off because you haven't heard anything in September sounds ridiculous. Most people dont hear anything in most schools until the first of the year. I wish all of you luck but please calm down. THe world needs more strong capable pharmacists not cry babies behind the counter wearing white lab coats.

This is quite possibly the best post I have read in a very long time. Kudos to you, let me know if you get an interview I can show you around.

Imagine that, lack of understanding leading to an argument. ;)

For the record, I did not misunderstand what you were talking about. I asked for clarification so there would not be any confusion on anyone's part. I believe you did read what you wanted to read and not what was written. As they say in pharmacy school for our exams, answer the questions I ask and not the ones you want to be asked....as you will be wrong.

Thanks wes lol. Your a louisville native right? I remember last year when we both applied my interview was last october 2009 but yours may have been around that time and you got in rather quickly. I haven't been saying anything just reading these posts this cycle and alot of crying going on here. I dont know if I should prescribe kleenexs or baby food to these "future pharmacists" wondering about their applications. All of you who applied are strong applicants so you shouldn't worry. You worked hard to get to this point so why doubt yourself or Sullivan for that matter? Good things will come to all of you...when it is your time, you will shine.

Thanks wes lol. Your a louisville native right? I remember last year when we both applied my interview was last october 2009 but yours may have been around that time and you got in rather quickly. I haven't been saying anything just reading these posts this cycle and alot of crying going on here. I dont know if I should prescribe kleenexs or baby food to these "future pharmacists" wondering about their applications. All of you who applied are strong applicants so you shouldn't worry. You worked hard to get to this point so why doubt yourself or Sullivan for that matter? Good things will come to all of you...when it is your time, you will shine.

Amen!

Born and raised. I interviewed on 10/1/2009 at 11:00 am and got my acceptance not to long after that. I remember when I read my acceptance letter I thought I got wait listed and then nope accepted. It was the oddest acceptance letter I have ever read. No matter though, I got in and am making the most of it.

Ok point taken folks. No need to prolong the argument/bickering. So we continue waiting.

On a side note, does anyone know when they graduate their first class? 2011?

I heard that the first graduating class will graduate in June of 2011..

Is anyone got interview call at Sullivan.........