Summer session courses: count in GPA during application year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nutellaluver

Reaction score
Basically, since I'm applying for this upcoming cycle, would the courses I take over the summer (summer '22) also be counted in the GPA calculations even though I'd be (ideally) submitting my app by early June (prior to summer courses finishing)? Would I send an update about the grades after the summer session gets completed? I need to take courses every summer bc I'm a non-science major and I have to take some major courses/premed req courses over the summers to finish everything before grad.

Just want to get my ducks in a row and be as informed as possible! Thank you for all the help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Basically, since I'm applying for this upcoming cycle, would the courses I take over the summer (summer '22) also be counted in the GPA calculations even though I'd be (ideally) submitting my app by early June (prior to summer courses finishing)? Would I send an update about the grades after the summer session gets completed? I need to take courses every summer bc I'm a non-science major and I have to take some major courses/premed req courses over the summers to finish everything before grad.

Just want to get my ducks in a row and be as informed as possible! Thank you for all the help in advance!
For AMCAS: Only the final grades displayed on your school's official transcript at the time of submission will be used to calculate your AMCAS GPAs. Once verification of the transcript is complete, GPAs will not be recalculated by AMCAS if additional grades are earned after that time. You can individually advise your target schools of those summer grades via update letters (if updates are accepted by a given school), but they will not do a recalculation either.

If those summer grades are important to raising your GPAs to a competitive level or to demonstrate a steep upward grade trend, consider submitting your application after the summer grades appear on your official transcript.

Reactions: 1 users