Survive Alive WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ergh okay, frustrating I'm up for lynch again. Going out tonight as well, so not gonna be too coherent again later, so just gonna role reveal. I'm the pharmacist and can block actions.

What I'm having a hard time making sense of is why you wouldn't at least try to tell me your role first before outing it on the thread? The less info the wolves have the better and a blocker would have been nice to keep quiet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to see if Cyndia has a response, but I'm inclined to waffle at this point.
 
I'm going to see if Cyndia has a response, but I'm inclined to waffle at this point.

Honestly it didn't cross my mind to pm you.. I'm running late/rushing around getting ready and only checked im briefly to find a bandwagon started on me, so I posted quickly without thinking. Will probably get killed by wolves soon, but at least it'll maybe convince you guys out of a wasted lynch.
 
Well, I'll go with it for now. Unlynch Cyndia, lynch LIS because I'm a bit suspicious.
 
Well, I'll go with it for now. Unlynch Cyndia, lynch LIS because I'm a bit suspicious.

*chuckle*

Why, because I didn't immediately fire off a PM to you revealing my role just because you said to? Nice try, but I'm not going to do that until I know you're a villager. And so far, I've no reason to trust you.

Anyway, I'm a villager. Since you claim to be a villager seer (I'm not quite fully buying that, btw), why don't you just investigate me if you're suspicious?

There will be all sorts of irony abounding if you lynch me, though.
 
And I'm thinking about what kind of silliness SOV has come up with, because it's not as simple as it has first presented from what I can tell.
 
Unlynch LIS

I think I have an idea of what's going on. *sigh* I'll be back in a few hours with a vote.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*chuckle*

Why, because I didn't immediately fire off a PM to you revealing my role just because you said to? Nice try, but I'm not going to do that until I know you're a villager. And so far, I've no reason to trust you.

Anyway, I'm a villager. Since you claim to be a villager seer (I'm not quite fully buying that, btw), why don't you just investigate me if you're suspicious?

There will be all sorts of irony abounding if you lynch me, though.

Figured I should probably address the rest of this before I head out though.

I do not and have not expected anyone to immediately fire off any PMs with their roles. Some people have shared and I will use what I know to help them out should be able to and I would prefer that they share with me if they're comfortable before outing their entire role on the thread when they're getting lynched. The protection request was as simple as that, a request for protection and I think it's reasonable to try and achieve that before I have to go on the thread and out myself in order to explain why I want it. I would prefer to stay in the game and I wasn't planning on sitting around and waiting for the wolves to figure it out.

I will say though that I only get role names and I won't know if cannibal is included until I investigate one and it's included in my results or if a cannibal that I previously investigated is figured out some other way (with no hints of conversion). So don't buy it all you want, but I have no reason to be lying about it.
 
Figured I should probably address the rest of this before I head out though.

I do not and have not expected anyone to immediately fire off any PMs with their roles. Some people have shared and I will use what I know to help them out should be able to and I would prefer that they share with me if they're comfortable before outing their entire role on the thread when they're getting lynched. The protection request was as simple as that, a request for protection and I think it's reasonable to try and achieve that before I have to go on the thread and out myself in order to explain why I want it.

Ok, but you didn't (first) just throw out a "protection request". You specifically asked for the protector (assuming we have one?) to PM you, which is different. So yes, you DID expect (or at least request) that someone immediately fire off a PM with their role. You're distorting what you did.... in the post I'm quoting, you're framing it as a "protection request" that's "reasonable to try and achieve ... before I have to go on the thread and out myself."

But that's not really what you did.

Now you're just backtracking on what you said, which makes me all the more suspicious.

*shrug* I'm inclined to think Escalla is a wolf. All the tap-dancing just screams wolf to me. But I'm not going to vote to lynch, because if I'm wrong and we lose a seer that's a bum deal. But I definitely lean towards thinking wolf.
 
Lynch Vote

Cyndia 4 (dyachei, jojo, LIS, SnS)
STL 2 (EC, cyndia)
LIS 0 (escalla)
Dwin 1 (devyn)
Dyachei 1 (lupin)
EC 1 (WS)

uncounted: 7
waffles: 3
deadline: 6pm (or all votes received and waffles apparently ended).
 
Ok, but you didn't (first) just throw out a "protection request". You specifically asked for the protector (assuming we have one?) to PM you, which is different. So yes, you DID expect (or at least request) that someone immediately fire off a PM with their role. You're distorting what you did.... in the post I'm quoting, you're framing it as a "protection request" that's "reasonable to try and achieve ... before I have to go on the thread and out myself."

But that's not really what you did.

Now you're just backtracking on what you said, which makes me all the more suspicious.

*shrug* I'm inclined to think Escalla is a wolf. All the tap-dancing just screams wolf to me. But I'm not going to vote to lynch, because if I'm wrong and we lose a seer that's a bum deal. But I definitely lean towards thinking wolf.

If she is a wolf, then that means we still have a villager seer. I would fully expect them to investigate Escalla tonight, and say she's a wolf on thread tomorrow.
 
If she is a wolf, then that means we still have a villager seer. I would fully expect them to investigate Escalla tonight, and say she's a wolf on thread tomorrow.

Or even come on today and say "I know who the villager seer is, and it ain't you". I'm thinking Escalla is villager. That was a bold move to claim villager seer this early in the game.
 
If she is a wolf, then that means we still have a villager seer. I would fully expect them to investigate Escalla tonight, and say she's a wolf on thread tomorrow.

In general I would agree with you. But, we have a really bad habit of not investigating our mayor. People always seem to decide "oh, they're probably a villager" because it's too tempting to want to go try to find a wolf.

And, what if our villager seer promptly revealed themselves to Escalla cause they had nobody else they could PM - and are now dead. Unless I missed it, SOV isn't telling us role abilities when people die. What a brilliant move for the wolves that would be - kill the seer, then claim to be the seer.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not voting to lynch. The potential downside to being wrong is too big, and I have literally no evidence. But I would really encourage people to not rule it out.

And now I'm late for work. 🙂
 
Ok, but you didn't (first) just throw out a "protection request". You specifically asked for the protector (assuming we have one?) to PM you, which is different. So yes, you DID expect (or at least request) that someone immediately fire off a PM with their role. You're distorting what you did.... in the post I'm quoting, you're framing it as a "protection request" that's "reasonable to try and achieve ... before I have to go on the thread and out myself."

But that's not really what you did.

Now you're just backtracking on what you said, which makes me all the more suspicious.

*shrug* I'm inclined to think Escalla is a wolf. All the tap-dancing just screams wolf to me. But I'm not going to vote to lynch, because if I'm wrong and we lose a seer that's a bum deal. But I definitely lean towards thinking wolf.

A request is exactly what I made. Here is my quote:
I have been contacted by the seer and would like to arrange some protection for them. If you have that ability please send me a PM. I'd like to coordinate some efforts here.

Please tell me how I would go about requesting protection for a seer without the protector contacting me themselves. Oh and without outing who the seer is or saying "Hey, if you can protect, please protect so-and-so".

It can't be done. So yes, rather than just out myself to start off with, I would rather try something else to see if I could avoid it. If the protector trusted me enough then great. If they didn't, then I would have had to out myself anyway.

And yes, I do a lot of tap-dancing as a seer. Anyone that has worked with me as one knows this because I go to a lot of lengths to stay hidden. Obviously that wasn't much of an option this time.
 
In general I would agree with you. But, we have a really bad habit of not investigating our mayor. People always seem to decide "oh, they're probably a villager" because it's too tempting to want to go try to find a wolf.

And, what if our villager seer promptly revealed themselves to Escalla cause they had nobody else they could PM - and are now dead. Unless I missed it, SOV isn't telling us role abilities when people die. What a brilliant move for the wolves that would be - kill the seer, then claim to be the seer.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not voting to lynch. The potential downside to being wrong is too big, and I have literally no evidence. But I would really encourage people to not rule it out.

And now I'm late for work. 🙂

Philliab was revealed as someone who could count cannibals/wolves, so the first two probably just didn't have any abilities.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But anyway, I have nothing to hide whatsoever, so people can do what they want.
 
I would like to add one last thing, because wasting time doubting my claim is only going to hinder us: If the villager seer PM'd me claiming their role, no one here is inexperienced enough to do it before clearing me first (aside from STL, but they're still alive to refute it). So the theory that I found a seer, killed them and now am claiming their role doesn't work and given that role abilities are indeed revealed in write-ups, we know one hasn't died.

But we'll all figure that out soon enough when no one comes forward saying I'm not a seer or that I'm a wolf. I'd rather continue focusing on those that are out there.

Lynch swings for now.
 
Lupin, if you switch your vote to Dwin, and one person switches from Cyndia to Dwin, then we don't lose our blocker. (unless she's a wolf blocker, then I don't care haha)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seriously? Are any of you listening to yourselves? All this crap is ridiculous. Use your brains and think. Jesus, am I the only one paying any attention? Lynch WS for trying pretty damn hard to get someone useful to the villagers killed.
 
Seriously? Are any of you listening to yourselves? All this crap is ridiculous. Use your brains and think. Jesus, am I the only one paying any attention? Lynch WS for trying pretty damn hard to get someone useful to the villagers killed.

I don't know who you are. But, Cyndia claimed blocker, and so far no one has come forward to say she isn't. If you have better ideas and can get enough people to waffle/vote in 5 minutes, please let us know.